Flying without mount, can attack/interract with players and NPCs, fly indoors menu

User Tag List

jimmyv93's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying without mount, can attack/interract with players and NPCs, fly indoors

So it has happened to most of us that we DC whilst mounted and we can for a brief moment fly indoors or swim in the air. When this happens, we can't usually interract with other players. Today I could.

How did I do this? I am not certain actually. This is what I remember doing:

I casually flew around on my Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent (Alani). I went from Pandara thru the portal in that village in Jade Forest, and got to Stormwind. I kept flying around, flew to the border of Westfall and Stormwind, and then back again. I flew around a bit more, landing on rooftops etc. Then, I flew into the Auction House, spoke to an auctioneer, and noticed that I wasn't dismounted. The mount buff hade disappeared, but I could still fly around at 310% movement speed, indoors in the Auction House.
    Later, after speaking to NPC's and stuff my mount had gone, but I was flying around (swimming in the air) at 310% speed. When I popped my priest bubble, I lost the extra speed, but was still flying around.

I could whisper players, receive whispers, kill rats, repair my gear, buy/sell stuff from vendors, and talk to the auctioneers without losing my ability to fly. The buffs I had were the ones you see me have throughout the window.

I believe this could have good potential, if someone can replicate it. E.g. for farming Bloody Coins on the new Timeless Isle. Since you don't have a mounted buff, you should be able to fly there aswell if you could replicate this somehow.

Later tonight I will try to replicate this, will post result (if I get any), but I'd like an explaination to what has happened here, and why. Has this ever happened to you this way?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry about the shit video quality. I don't know what happened between me and YouTube.
    Last edited by jimmyv93; 10-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Flying without mount, can attack/interract with players and NPCs, fly indoors
    Kaizuken's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    60/293
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimmyv93 View Post
    How did I do this? I am not certain actually. This is what I remember doing:
    Please don't write theories create a thread when you know exactly how it does really works.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kaizuken View Post
    Please don't write theories create a thread when you know exactly how it does really works.
    I figured I might get some help with this one here.

And it's not a theory either.

eronikz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice video jimmy

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1. You're not going 310% speed.
    #2. This is 100% a theory because you said in the video if anyone could help you figure out what you did. And then you said you were trying to replicate it. Because you don't even know if it will work again.
    #3. The video was a waste of my life and just showed that something got bugged.
    #4. Don't rip off my tabard exploit and try to get fame on YouTube for something you didn't find, iCoke. You didn't even know the full potential to it either.
    #5. Don't post theories and reposting things like the mount bug.

jaskaos's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems odd... I've seen similar things happen before, but all were using some hacking program.

Trying to get internet fame by using a hack and then claiming it happened by "accident"? lol just playin'... boring video though, and this seems to be a theory/bug, since you have no way of showing this exploit.

emile29's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As im sure this video could have potential if someone could reproduce it as posted before this is still a theory.
    2# you should have blocked your character name and blocked out the people talking in trade chat, as blizz employee believe it or not actually do check these sites and forums. Because if they watch ur video they will surely ban you for exploiting. ( because isnt hard to find what server your on. If you simply armoury everyone that was talking in trade chat. and then cross refrence your character to realms. )

HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/300
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of it's potential, it's still a theory - moved to general

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by emile29 View Post
    As im sure this video could have potential if someone could reproduce it as posted before this is still a theory.
    2# you should have blocked your character name and blocked out the people talking in trade chat, as blizz employee believe it or not actually do check these sites and forums. Because if they watch ur video they will surely ban you for exploiting. ( because isnt hard to find what server your on. If you simply armoury everyone that was talking in trade chat. and then cross refrence your character to realms. )
    Oh I wouldn't mind a ban. It's not my main account :')

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated the video and the description.