Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get in trouble for torrenting... by the glider site

for those of you who dont know

i play GTA. my disc got sratched and some1 made a topic about what evry1 was doing while glider was down.

Well i got a 2-day mute cause i am talking about "Illegal" Stuff.

I called BS.

So the guy who muted (DanBopes) lost Mod and i posted this in a topic about it:

Code:
    owned 

thats what you get for giving me a 2-day mute for saying i was downloading off a torrent cause my CD got scratched.... thats no illegal 

get your facts straight
    well i go AFK for a few hours and i get a 5-day mute.

Here is the rules:

Code:
    -= 2 Day Mute Or worse =-
    1. No discussion of emulated servers or ill-gotten software from Blizzard. They get angry at that kind of thing. So do we.
    2. No selling/trading of accounts. If you have something to sell please goto: Markee Dragon (URL:http://www.markeedragon.com/u/ubbthreads/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/worldofwarcraftaccounttrading) 
    3. No Sale of game-related stuff, or offering to buy game-related stuff such as game cards, gold, etc. Consider trusted Glider partner, Shattered Crystal (URL:http://www.shatteredcrystal.com).
    4.    No threatening to report gliders.
    5.    No spam or ads.  
    6. No links to stuff for sale. If you want to link to an interesting topic on another board, go for it. If you're just posting a link to "ask" about some product, we'll both know it's bogus.
    7.    No discussion of real-life illegal acts, Like stealing gamecards or defrauding retailers via the return process.
    8. No trolling (comments designed to induce angry replies). This includes bashing, spell checkers, art critics, IQ testers and grammar police. This does not mean you can not voice your opinion about something, just do it constructively and in a non inflammatory manner.
    9.    No Poll threads.
    10.        No asking to be leveled or offering to level others chars for money or other goods.
    11. Do not link to external files or sites that could change a file and cause issues. We here at mmoglider dont want to have to worry about constant file checking. (This mainly applys to speedhacks or other types of hacks) Curse gaming is typically safe.
    12.       URLS in your Signatures are no longer aloud. 
    13.        Advertisments in your Signatures are no longer aloud.
    The only thing that stand even close is what merc said in the next post

Code:
    For instance, if you talk about taking a hit off your bong or being drunk and under 21, it's not that big of a deal. If you talk about stealing alpha copies of The Burning Crusade client from Blizzard's trashcans, that's a bit different.
    i am not stealing from any1, i bought the game. What do they care? they dont.

THAN DANBOPES POST'S THIS!

Code:
    Grabbed this from an FAQ, this should answer your questions:

Isn’t it legal to copy video and computer games as a backup as long as you own a legitimate copy? 

U.S. Copyright laws permit making a "backup" copy of computer programs for archival purposes. However, the right to make backup copies of computer programs for archival purposes, as embodied in 17 U.S.C. Section 117(2), does not in any way authorize the owner of a copy of a video or computer game to post or download a copy of that game to or from the Internet or make such copy available to other people for their use. Section 117(2) only gives the owner of the copy a right to make an archival copy of the actual copy that he/she legally possesses, not to make a copy of the ROM that someone else legally possesses, nor to post an archival copy of his/her original copy for distribution. The law clearly does NOT provide any right to sell "backup" copies. In fact, Section 117 is quite explicit in stating that any archival copy prepared under Section 117(2) can only be transferred to another person if, and only if: A) The original copy is also transferred, and only with the authorization of the copyright owner, and B) The transfer is part of the sale of all rights in the program.
    omg that proves me right!

but i cant say shit cause i am muted and if i open my mouth i get my 3rd strike FOR THE SAME DAMN THING!

all i can say is my respect level for the moderation crew for mmoglider.com had dropped so bad i am about to switch to isx...

(would be great if some1 copied and pasted this, do at own risk)

dont care about your flames, i am just pointing out how bad the mmoglider forums have gotten and i am truely thinking about selling my key.

i get in trouble for torrenting... by the glider site
    sineater213's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: i get in trouble for torrenting... by the glider site

those forums suck anyways its just a bunch of idiots thinking they know everything about everything

raceboy404's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: i get in trouble for torrenting... by the glider site

lol i know, that what i hate about the forums...

i did nothing wrong and i get muted and it pisses me off cause i use my PM boxes like my email