I'm looking for the people who were using a valauble exploit that was patched today menu

User Tag List

Flavor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for the people who were using a valauble exploit that was patched today

Hello everyone.

A very powerful and valuable exploit was patched earlier today. I know that another gold seller was using it quite aggressively, but I'm not sure how to contact them. I want to contact them to make sure that we both take steps in the future to keep Blizzard from noticing it in the future methods. It is best to make sure that no one does anything that can risk an exploit's longevity. If anyone knows who else was doing this exploit, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

I'm looking for the people who were using a valauble exploit that was patched today
    Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because it goes fixed does not necessarily mean that someone leaked it. It could just be that Blizzard put extra effort into figuring out how it was performed by looking at logs and actions done on the characters in question.

Most of such exploits usually exist using a common base method to achieve the exploit and all it takes is a little more creativity and time to find the extra steps.

Flavor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unholyshaman View Post
    Just because it goes fixed does not necessarily mean that someone leaked it. It could just be that Blizzard put extra effort into figuring out how it was performed by looking at logs and actions done on the characters in question.

Most of such exploits usually exist using a common base method to achieve the exploit and all it takes is a little more creativity and time to find the extra steps.
    Yes, I do not believe it leaked, the exploit was incredibly valuable. I don't think anyone intended for it to be fixed, I believe it was patched because Blizzard noticed it by looking through stats or something was triggered that notified them of suspicious activity. I want to contact the other people to see if we can get an idea as to what exactly it was that may have made the exploit appear on Blizzard's radar.

TechnoKilla's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was fairly easy to figure out parts of this exploit. Was about to figure out how it was done . Even as players, my friend and I were able to deduct almost all of the information involving this exploit. Just too bad we didn't find out sooner

P.S
    I saw one gold company producing 1mil + per hour so ya it would be hard for Blizzard not to notice lol. They were doing about 350k on each character made.
    Last edited by TechnoKilla; 02-02-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Vaskebjørnen's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this was fixed, would you mind explaining it to me? Couldn't harm anyone, but it does indeed sound interresting.

Flavor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vaskebjørnen View Post
    If this was fixed, would you mind explaining it to me? Couldn't harm anyone, but it does indeed sound interresting.
    I don't share the details of exploits, even after they are fixed. It's a general rule I have based on things I've seen happen over the years. I realize that this thread has made you genuinely curious, and for that, I'm sorry.

This thread was created so I could contact the other people who were using the exploit so we could try to determine what exactly it was that put the exploit on Blizz's radar. I don't want other peoples actions getting my other exploits fixed, and I don't want my actions to get other peoples exploits fixed.
    Last edited by Flavor; 02-02-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Neoneas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'ls like Blizzard, BW etc. got an donator account here. max 1 week after the exploit got published -> he get fixed

Flavor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Neoneas View Post
    It'ls like Blizzard, BW etc. got an donator account here. max 1 week after the exploit got published -> he get fixed
    Anything posted on this forum is something I'm sure they are aware of. What I'm talking about was never posted.

Anyway, if a mod reads this, I suppose this thread can be closed. My intention is not to make people jealous or anything. If someone knows how I can get in contact with the other people who were using the exploit, please PM me. Thanks.

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flavor View Post
    I don't share the details of exploits, even after they are fixed..
    always nice to have people like this in the community..

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eSko View Post
    always nice to have people like this in the community..
    ^
    This site is for sharing exploits when they are working. If everyone had the same mentality as you, the forums would be dead because people would be keeping exploits to themselves. Another thing that further adds insult to injury is the fact that it's patched and you are still not sharing it. Now, I'm not saying you have to, but being a donator, and having access to those sexy forums, I think you should know what to do.

And another thing, when you said, "and I don't want my actions to get other peoples exploits fixed."
    I find that hard to believe, you being a donator and all...

Iaccidentallytwink's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flavor View Post
    I don't share the details of exploits, even after they are fixed. It's a general rule I have based on things I've seen happen over the years. I realize that this thread has made you genuinely curious, and for that, I'm sorry.

This thread was created so I could contact the other people who were using the exploit so we could try to determine what exactly it was that put the exploit on Blizz's radar. I don't want other peoples actions getting my other exploits fixed, and I don't want my actions to get other peoples exploits fixed.
    So dark and edgy.

You must be 16 or something.

Sounds like he's referring to the quest exploit posted in the elite section.

Flavor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Iaccidentallytwink View Post
    So dark and edgy.

You must be 16 or something.

Sounds like he's referring to the quest exploit posted in the elite section.
    Keep in mind that this post was from 3 months ago and the exploit was used to generate about 500 million gold.

No need for you to bump this.

edit: Mods, please feel free to lock this thread. laccidentallytwink shouldn't have necro'd it.
    Last edited by Flavor; 05-01-2012 at 06:46 PM.