Thanks G/R
    41/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming back to WoW, looking for some advice.

Hey everybody.

So I quit WoW about two weeks after Cata hit. I had leveled my Warr, Pally and Rogue to 85, thought about the badge grind I had ahead of me, thought about my new job, thought about college work, and after 5 years of consistent play time, decided to quit. Sold my account for some gas money, and that was that.

Well, none of that is taking up as much time as I thought it would, and the badge grind doesn't sound near as bad as it used to, and Rated BG's sounds amazing, so I'm getting back in. I just acquired a Cata enabled account, and literally shivered with happiness as I heard the Elwynn Forest ambient music.

Now for my actual questions;
    1. How are hunters?
    I'm sick of melee classes, and Hunters seem to have a pretty wide skill set, and have the fast paced play-style I love, but I won't play one if they are just trash at end game all round. I rocked the DPS meters with my Shadowmourne Fury Warr, among the best on my server and I want to approach that level of prestige among my peers.
    2. How are my old classes? (Warr, Pally, Rogue)
    I don't love the idea of playing Melee again but if any of them are doing fantastic this xpac I do after all know the classes and like I said, I love being effective.

Coming back to WoW, looking for some advice.
    Drklf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in a bit of a hurry but I'll explain those classes a bit from my point of view:
    Atm the hunters are the new feral kittys, if you know how to play them you'll pull shitload of dps. Currently I can pull about 25k dps on hc boss fights (ZA, ZG) depending on boss maybe even more. I can't say much about normal raids since I do not raid but in baradin hold I'm usually in top 5 with about 22k to 24k dps. Oh and I'm ilvl 356.
    Warriors are still OP imo, in BG's especially. They're getting nerfed on next patch but arms should still pwn.
    I have a lvl 85 tankadin and compared to wotlk tanking it's way more fun. Alot has changed but aoe tanking is fun as hell with paladins nowadays, not to mention you have crapload of cd's to burn.
    I don't know much about rogues, they seem to be avoiding me when I'm playing. During the past few weeks I've only seen 1 rogue in heroics and I don't PVP that much so I can't really say anything.
    Anyways, I hope that helped a bit. I'm off to work xI

Democides's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Drklf View Post
    I'm in a bit of a hurry but I'll explain those classes a bit from my point of view:
    Atm the hunters are the new feral kittys, if you know how to play them you'll pull shitload of dps. Currently I can pull about 25k dps on hc boss fights (ZA, ZG) depending on boss maybe even more. I can't say much about normal raids since I do not raid but in baradin hold I'm usually in top 5 with about 22k to 24k dps. Oh and I'm ilvl 356.
    Warriors are still OP imo, in BG's especially. They're getting nerfed on next patch but arms should still pwn.
    I have a lvl 85 tankadin and compared to wotlk tanking it's way more fun. Alot has changed but aoe tanking is fun as hell with paladins nowadays, not to mention you have crapload of cd's to burn.
    I don't know much about rogues, they seem to be avoiding me when I'm playing. During the past few weeks I've only seen 1 rogue in heroics and I don't PVP that much so I can't really say anything.
    Anyways, I hope that helped a bit. I'm off to work xI
    Thanks! Hunters are sounding better and better to me, and I kinda figured Warrs would still be OP. Warrior was my first class, and Blizz has always treated us pretty well.

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for rogues, it's still the standard rotations and spec choices. Mutispec is supreme to combat and the boss mechanics all work well with getting some backstabs in for the bonus. Gearing is still the same except that Mastery has moved to #2 after hit/poison cap with agility a very close 3rd. Now dissing agility for mastery isn't the brightest but for when reforging thing.

In Raids i was able to pull off ~19k dps consistent with ilvl 351 gear , heroic daggers.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Thanks G/R
    41/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    As for rogues, it's still the standard rotations and spec choices. Mutispec is supreme to combat and the boss mechanics all work well with getting some backstabs in for the bonus. Gearing is still the same except that Mastery has moved to #2 after hit/poison cap with agility a very close 3rd. Now dissing agility for mastery isn't the brightest but for when reforging thing.

In Raids i was able to pull off ~19k dps consistent with ilvl 351 gear , heroic daggers.
    Interesting, I didn't see the Mastery priority coming. I miss Mut. Ah, seems like it's going to come down to deciding between Hunter/Warr and Hunter/Rogue.

aussie101's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont play hunters they are easily the most boring class to play even if u are topping meters they are no fun

stay warrior imo

Thanks G/R
    41/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aussie101 View Post
    dont play hunters they are easily the most boring class to play even if u are topping meters they are no fun

stay warrior imo
    Eh I don't think I agree here, I'm having a ton of fun so far...