0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you sell 1 million gold?

I'd like to know from some pro's how they'd go about selling a million gold. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. use reputable site and hope they don't screw you by disputing paypal payment or something. (mmopawn has the best reviews from what I've read, though I've never used them or sold gold before -I'm willing to take a hit on top end price to guarantee payment)
    2. main account has private guild bank with all the gold in it.
    3. create RaF account with same last name, transfer guild to RaF character, leave guild on main account.
    4. log in to RaF account from different computer / ip address and transfer guild lead to gold purchaser.
    5. cross fingers and hope payment is received...and stays in account, and main does not get banned (I really don't care if the RaF account gets banned).

(feel free to answer any of the following please)
    So what would you do different?
    Is selling a million gold at once stupid?
    Are there other companies you'd recommend?
    What would you think the lowest price I should get for this amount?
    Anything else?

How would you sell 1 million gold?
    Anaidni's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's been about 3 days since post, and I'm a bit surprised nobody's offered any help or suggestions tbh.

Some things I've found out: gold sellers tend to offer about .70 per 1k, which seemed a bit low to me, I didn't try negotiating much.

Biggest dilemma that I see is perhaps I'm on a low demand server as they only want about 60k in a trade. I fell like if an account is gonna get banned I'd like to do it for 250k or more.

Last thing I'd really care for is to lose 800k+ or main account if it can be avoided. I didn't bot on the account just farmed the AH like hell while bored for a few months.

Again, any feedback would be appreciated.

ev1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I just sold 20k to a buyer on this forum. Search through the WoW Buy/trade/sell section. There's always someone buying for all servers

jereminion's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was a successful farmer at one point. i used to have 250k while constantly getting rid of it. i exchanged gold for cd keys and time cards. then i had a level 25 guild and sold that for 100k. the dumb thing i did was try to sell it all at once. i tried to exchange 170k worth of gold for cd keys and time cards for my other 3 farming accounts. i got banned a day after for exploting the economy and i emailed them a few times and they wouldnt unban. they ignore my emails like fags lol

what worked for me was doing 20k at most per few days. so thats like 30+ dollars a week. you could try buying alternate accounts and transfering the money through auction house (putting some garbage up for 25k gold and buying it on main account). that way it doesnt look like ur just giving it away. always keep all ur gold on one account, but never sell it from that account. if u trade a level 1 named klsjfeklsjfe 100k+ in a few minutes, even if its in seperate accounts and smaller transactions, they will ban u without proof. it just looks obvious.

when i was doing my farming and gold selling i didnt use the 'play wow behind a proxy' tool on this forum. that probably would have saved my account because when ever blizzard bans you, they rely on the ip address as proof that you actually did what ever was against the rules. so if you play it behind a proxy(during the trade), you can claim that you were hacked and dont know anything about it. they will look at who was logged in and see an ip address from outside of the country and return your account and gold(probably not all of it).

the most important thing about finding a buyer for your gold is knowing they have rep. on this forum you would look for someone with 100+ rep and their own thread about buying gold. the only alternative for this is knowing someone in real life and jacking the prices on them since you know youll get the money. the reason why the gold buyers on this site pay so low is because they know theyre the only trust worthy people and its guranteed theyll do a authentic trade. sorry to say, but this site and markee dragon have a thief to genuine trader ratio of 1000:1. so in the end, its less stressful and easier to go with the low price than to find someone willing to pay more. theres no point in trying to get more though, because you didnt really do that much work to get the gold anyway(besides ah).
    my artist web sizzle www.jeremynative.com

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jereminion View Post
    the only alternative for this is knowing someone in real life and jacking the prices on them since you know youll get the money.
    Been doing this lately, with great results. My RL friend lives down the street, and needs gold fairly often. 10K at a time... reliable and pays up front... and the risk is minimal, as he's in my guild!

+1 for selling to RL friends!

Neer's Avatar Trend Rider Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    177/828
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling to the same person? dont send 1 million over at once at any ways, send em over in quantity, maybe 50-70k per turn.
    This way you might be safe in check-ups and if he'd fool you then it would only be 70k out of the million, I would never go for it all at once seems way to risky.

Anaidni's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the tips! I'd give you all +rep, but can't.

Things I've found / done so far. Two highly rated buyers on the forums can but at most about 300-400k at a time for .75 / k. I'm leaning towards trying to figure out how to sell it to them from one vanilla before it gets banned, but I'm not sure it's possible to do on one account.

I've also deposited the 1mil into a bank alt on a RaF account then left the guild with my main account, so there is a million gold sitting in that guild with a lvl 1 vanilla for about a week now and there haven't been any bans. I imagine if that lvl one started withdrawing the gold it may throw some flags though.

I'm gonna unfortunately rejoin the guild on main, make him GM, withdraw 500-600k, then make vanilla gm again. If I can do that and not have any accounts banned instantly I'll probably then work on selling in smaller portions. We'll see how it goes, one thing I've learned, launder your gold as you make it in small amounts daily and then sell in 200-300k amounts unless demand is really high....maybe I'll catch a break with 4.2 though if people need a crap ton of gold for legendary.