Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to sell top tier account. Looking for ADVICE!

After 5 years of playing this game, I am finally tired of it, and wanting to at least make a profit from all the hard work that has gone into my characters over the years.

maldy.net says my main character is worth US$ 1,819.02, but I need some more information than that.

My main is top tier. BiS gear, Server first Shadowmourne. Tons of server first titles and achievements that are no longer in the game, tons of rare mounts, etc etc.

I have my whole account up for sale, so I would want a website that buys the whole account also.

I would like to know some of the best account to website, or player to player websites, if they are trusted.

Also would like to know if the estimate price is accurate. Thanks!
    Last edited by Moaradin; 11-02-2010 at 03:34 PM.

+rep people who help you

Looking to sell top tier account. Looking for ADVICE!
    Dkid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, if i were you i would directly remove your link to armory.
    It's written in de "law of blizzard" that you can NOT sell your account.

Dkid

Prophesy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't get 1/2 of that quoted price, and you won't get ANYTHING if you don't take down the links.

Moaradin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took link down. Why wouldn't it go for 1/2 of quoted price? I have the best gear in the game, and titles that are impossible to get anymore. The titles alone make the account worth a lot. That is just my main. I also have a paladin that is not the best geared, but better geared than the level 80s that are selling for $200 on some sites I saw. Not to mention I have 10 or so mid level character, that have stuff of value, as my account is 5 years old.

+rep people who help you

Omgroflnocdhack's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i offer you 600 usd

403Forbidden's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a point at your account's worth that you reach, when price becomes absurd.

First of all, your account isnt THAT awesome. Good? yes. Totally epic? no.
    Second, nobody cares about gear now. Why? Oh i dont know, maybe because of cataclysm hitting in a few weeks? So all your BIS gear will be worthless.

Next, in order for people to pay 1k+ USD, account must have something totally ****ing epic. And im not talking black drake or bloodsail admiral or w/e. Im talking Atiesh accounts costing <1k USD.

My account would probably get quoted for around 4k USD. Why? because i got 12k ach points, 130 mounts, 140+ pets, and around 40 titles. Not counting every single legendary except Atiesh and Valanyr. And im scarab lord.
    But would i be able to sell it for that? Doubt it. Because, after all, all this is just pixels. And people who are THAT interested in collecting prefer to collect it themselves, rather than buy it.

So essentially - for non-caring people, your account is too expensive cuz they just want a good character
    For caring people, your account is too expensive because dude 1k USD is a flatscreen LCD tv.

So in the end, you end up either selling your account for WAY less than what its worth, or not able to sell it at all.

My advice- dont expect more than 700 USD for yours. And that would be lucky.

Edit: Didnt want this post to look like boasting. Never was an intention.

Warcraftwoman's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could sell my alts for what that site told me they were worth, I would make a small fortune. Except they are all on one account... so my account must be worth at least 3-4k ^.^

Oh and Scarab Lord... Jealous =) I wish I paid more attention with all that shit back in the day.

403Forbidden's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe

The TL - DR version comes down to "Account can be worth millions, but GL finding someone willing to pay that much for it".

Prophesy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the above people said. Also, your armory on your shadowmourn showed your set pieces as 264, so not BiS. (Unless that was offspec, which it very well may be, because all offset was 277).

That being said, you're account will not sell for more than 6-700 US, because it is SO close to Cata, and any large boost to your potential profit due to BiS-ish gear is more or less canceled out by the fact that its replaceable within the first week of cata's release, which is a mere month away. You MAY have been able to get closer to 1k several months back, but not anymore. If you sell it for more than 700, i'd be very surprised.

Good luck with selling your account, I hope you get an offer that you feel is appropriate (And no, I wasn't trying to say that sarcastically, lol)

Edit: A better way to explain why it will not sell for 1800 us is by looking at it from a buyer prospective. With some patience, you can buy 2 level 80's for under 200 bucks (keeping an eye on the sites like mmowned for private sellers for example). Now, gear and vanity certainly DO make this account worth more. Things like legendaries and server first titles/mounts, followed by BiS-ish gear are what affect the price the most. However, as suggested above, there is DEFINITELY a ceiling to how much these things are worth to a buyer, and that ceiling is getting lowered as Cata gets closer. I would definitely suggest looking into the above offer for 600. I'd say you may be able to get a bit more out of it with some luck, but you also run the risk of not selling it at all, because when cata hits I don't see your account selling for more than 3-400, and I don't think you'd be willing to part with it for that much, I know I probably wouldn't.
    Last edited by Prophesy; 11-02-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am perfectly fine selling it for 700 USD. the main purpose of this thread was to find a appropriate price, and to find some of the best websites for this kind of thing. I prefer to sell it to the website, because I'll have a smaller chance on getting ripped off, but if there is a good player to player website, I would be fine with that. I'm done with WoW regardless of if I sell it or not.

If you guys know the most reputable websites, let me know.

+rep people who help you

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump. I decided to sell for 900 USD(pst if you want any details) and found that PlayerAuctions was a pretty cool website.

Most of the accounts worth comes from the achievements. Gear is useless in this game, everyone knows that, but Server First titles are extremely rare and limited. This Death Knight has Death's Demise(best title in the game IMO), Grand Crusader, and Celestial Defender. All server first titles from the hardest bosses in WOTLK. They aren't obtainable anymore, and only a few people in the world has them.

Shadowmourne is cool too, and it will become more rare in Cata because the materials needed to even start the quest will become extinct, but the weapon isn't the main attraction on the account.

+rep people who help you

testhb2010's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well apparently my 3 char which are 80 and only got a few frost emblem items are worth $1023 and my 53 shaman is worth near $60? what.... if anyone wants to buy my account for even $600 I would gladly sell it lol

oh also, Moaradin, tell me if you sell your account, I am curious as to whether it will actually sell
    Last edited by testhb2010; 11-10-2010 at 08:32 PM.

R11tz0r's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget those insane prices.
    Maldy was valuing my account in R$1963 which is US$1147.
    My opinion:
    Keep your account!
    Every single person i know that sold or was thinking about selling(me once, i play for more than 4 years) regreted, just cuz some day you'll wake up with the urge of play your character again in the new expansion.

snugglepants's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Websites use a "this = $x" system that is based on what they think a said thing is worth, I agree with the guy who posted before, ure account may well be worth alot of bones, but gl getting anyone to buy it. Plus the amount of scams these days its really not worth the risk, keep it, and in 6 months if you get the urge to play again you can on ure own char, rather than start a new one and do allllll those achivements ect again.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by R11tz0r View Post
    Forget those insane prices.
    Maldy was valuing my account in R$1963 which is US$1147.
    My opinion:
    Keep your account!
    Every single person i know that sold or was thinking about selling(me once, i play for more than 4 years) regreted, just cuz some day you'll wake up with the urge of play your character again in the new expansion.

Nope. WoW is terrible now. WOTLK was the worst expansion ever. Only 1 GOOD raid the whole expansion(Ulduar). The rest were just bad because of the new raid design blizzard is doing. It's just going to be worse in Cata with 10 mans dropping the same gear as 25 mans, making 25 mans irrelevant.

Blizzard is making this game for Casuals, without even trying to satisfy their dedicated playerbase, only because they are the minority. Blizzard isn't the same anymore. Activi$$ion i in control now.

I'm just quitting MMOs for good now, until SWTOR comes out.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Originally Posted by snugglepants View Post
    Websites use a "this = $x" system that is based on what they think a said thing is worth, I agree with the guy who posted before, ure account may well be worth alot of bones, but gl getting anyone to buy it. Plus the amount of scams these days its really not worth the risk, keep it, and in 6 months if you get the urge to play again you can on ure own char, rather than start a new one and do allllll those achivements ect again.
    I already had a 900USD buyer that wanted the account, so I know for a fact that it is worth it.

+rep people who help you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast