Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I sell 1 character off my account?

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to sell someone an individual character?

The guy is giving me $300 for the character + trouble + having to buy a new box set.

I know I need to get a new WotLK account under my name to Xfer the character to, but what I do from there to secure my original account from theft I don't know. Help please. =)
    All who possess the blade go mad.

How do I sell 1 character off my account?
    powerblaze's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, you'll need
    x1 WotLK account not linked to your account.
    -So you'll need to make a new e-mail register a battle.net account with it
    Save the usename/password on a notepad ie e-mail, WoW account

-Next, you would xfer your character to the new account VIA Blizzard phone support. You will need to verify both accounts, so make sure you have ALL info on hand (cd-keys, security question, personal info) They will most likely ask you for this.

-Once your character is xfered, you would then provide the person with all the info they would need to claim the account (cd-keys, security question, personal info) depending on how you go about it; after they make the payment, you can suggest they add an authenticator to fully claim the account.

Unless I missed anything feel free to add :P

Battle Chest+ WoTLK CD-KEYS: $37.82 + $34.34
    Character Xfer: $25
    Total: $97.16
    Those prices are from a cd-key online store. So they are NOT Blizzard store prices. So roughly, it will cost about $100 once all is done.
    Last edited by powerblaze; 09-20-2010 at 01:08 AM.

DarkenedSky's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, both accounts have to be under the same name. Or has this changed?

Muramasa's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to be under the same name, hence my need to know how to keep my main account secure. Can i change the name/email on the second account afterward without affecting my main account? And will Blizz notice?
    All who possess the blade go mad.

DarkenedSky's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't change the base name, no. You can add someone onto the account but you can't ever really change the original maker's name off of the account.

Blizzard made it that way so in case someone gets hacked, the hacker can't just change the name and leave the "innocent" high and dry.

powerblaze's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite having to use the same name you can make sure that the security question / e-mail are in no reference to your account and adding a authenticator I guess which would greatly increase the security to your account. But that's pretty much all in means of security.
    Providing all the correct information to the buyer to the account being sold would almost guarantee its security. You can also suggest that when the buyer does get the account, he COULD also change the security question by calling blizzard support hence making it more difficult for yourself to claim back, but in reality its all about trust.
    It would probably cause a huge headache and waste of money if you both started trying to claim the account say after he bought it you did try and claim it back leaving both without a account but I have not experienced this personally, just my idea on it.

KlaAz0r's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they need to be under the same now, but if you have let's day ''jack'' and ''woody'' both on the same battle net you can transfer to and from them : )