0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Release] Power Auras Classic: Cataclysm Artwork Pack

riThis is a plugin for Power Auras Classic. I will take no credit for anything other than throwing this together, all credit goes to Smacker and the crew for the Addon and Blizzard for the artwork.
    Apparently Blizzard didn't like me using their images in an addon and requested WoWInterface to remove this, after having over 1000 downloads.

In a recent Cataclysm beta build, Blizzard released a feature very similar to Power Auras. The artwork they released for it is amazing, so I decided to throw together a quick patch to allow you to use the artwork with PAC now instead of waiting for Cataclysm to come out.

Install this in your Addons folder just like any other addon. Overwrite any files it asks you to.
    If the images still are not showing up in game, then goto your Interface->Addons->Power Auras Classic and set the max textures to 200 or 250.

Originally Posted by Grekos1990 View Post
    They seem to look quite better if u raise the oppacity to 100% from the configuration interface (/powa), lower the size, and set the "Flashing" option in "Animation" chart.
    To be honest, it does take some time to make it look great, but trust me, eventualy, u will

This does not include the actual addon, or any LUA of any kind. This is simply just a patch.
    The images in game will be of a much higher quality than these. So don't fret if the glow/transparency looks off on this page, because they look great in game

Downloads:
    Addon - Dropbox

Arcane Missiles

Art of War

Blood Surge

Brain Freeze

Eclipse Moon

Eclipse Sun

Focus Fire

Frozen Fingers

Generic Arc 01

Generic Arc 02

Generic Arc 03

Generic Arc 04

Generic Arc 05

Generic Arc 06

Generic Top 01

Generic Top 02

Grand Crusader

Hot Streak

Imp Empowerment

Lock and Load

Maelstrom Weapon

Master Marksman

Natures Grace

Nightfall

Rime

Slice and Dice

Sudden Death

Sudden Doom

Surge of Light

Sword and Board
    Last edited by DrWho1988; 10-05-2010 at 03:23 PM.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

[Release] Power Auras Classic: Cataclysm Artwork Pack
    XpLoDWilD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice, looking forward to have it ingame. Are you sure these artworks are compatible with PowerAuras ?

DrWho1988's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by XpLoDWilD View Post
    Looks nice, looking forward to have it ingame. Are you sure these artworks are compatible with PowerAuras ?
    I'm 100% sure, I've tried them myself. Of course you still have to set it up an everything.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having over 1000 downloads, Blizzard decided they didn't like the addon and requested WoWInterface to remove it. I reuploaded it for the MMOwned Community

Patchumz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, pretty funny that they removed it.. It's just a few images anyone can get :P

I might download, nice job either way! :P

EDIT: Also, +Repx3

EDIT2: Glad I gave you contrib status, you deserve it :P Grats!
    Last edited by Patchumz; 08-26-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Subset's Avatar Vanaka
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang man, you keep impressing me. Gotta spread rep around, otherwise I would.

By the way, not sure if this is the correct section as it does have something to do with User Interface.

Excellent!

4nasty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moin... how i can configure powa with the new images. i copy the folders to my powafolder and now ?

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Patchumz View Post
    Lol, pretty funny that they removed it.. It's just a few images anyone can get :P

I might download, nice job either way! :P

EDIT: Also, +Repx3

EDIT2: Glad I gave you contrib status, you deserve it :P Grats!
    Thanks It's taken me too long to get it

Originally Posted by 4nasty View Post
    moin... how i can configure powa with the new images. i copy the folders to my powafolder and now ?
    To keep this as simple as possible, just copy the images that are in the Aura's folder in the zip that you downloaded to the Auras folder that's in your Addons folder. Also make sure you have the latest version of PowerAuras
    Last edited by DrWho1988; 08-28-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Patchumz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Watson View Post
    Thanks It's taken me too long to get it
    Heh, having joined at about the same time as you, I can relate :P Especially since I'm barely half way there.

Grekos1990's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAn!! Great work..but....AAArghh!! i Cant do it!:confused: i know im a newbie in file-teasin so plz..help out! i down both of em: Addon - Dropbox &
    Images - Dropbox. (I already have Addon Power Auras Classic - 3.0.0.T> which i think its the last one). but now what? i copie-paste the files of the "Aura" folder from Addon - Dropbox into my Interface\Addons\PowerAuras, replacing some of the old and adding some new....right so far? Then what? what am i doing with Images - Dropbox??? and what am i doing in-game to activate the new images?? (tutorial videos on PA-Classic wont help
    Please... need a hand..

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can completely disregard the images. I merely uploaded them so people can use them in their own addons or model edits.

Once you copy and paste files into the Auras folder they should automatically be available for use in game.
    Last edited by DrWho1988; 10-03-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Grekos1990's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm it should...but its not :confused: im 100% i did what u said -its not hard anyway- but when i open /powa in-game, and i select new, there are the same as always (the old ones). Glow:145results, WoW Textures 54 results, Custom Textures-nothing and Text Aura...
    I tried to cope them in the Custom folder too, and the addon crashed ..:/
    i reeeealy realy dont know why this happens...is there something i click wrong or something i dont click at all?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Oh my god...i found it!!! LOL!!! i had to go to interface in-game/addons/PowerAuras and set the limit to 200...it was at 145 thats why it cudnt show me your auras!!! HAHA! oh man...cheers! THanx for your help man... btw i think its important to leave a hint explaining that so noone else will get confused the way i did
    oh and one last thing.... THEY ARE GREAT!!! Exelent job! +Repx3

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, I added it for clarity to the OP. I will be adding more to this pack in a day or 2 once I can get the Beta client reinstalled on my comp.

minifss's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They appear to be quite low quality in game for me.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be your settings because they look fine to me and no one else has complained about low quality. Maybe your scale is set too high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast