Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Client side files modyfication

Hello,
    I'm trying to modify some DBC files inside MPQ files to make my custom items fully working (private server). I don't need a guide how to make my own items or so, just keep reading this thread.
    First I've used "My WarCraft Studio" ver 0.10.6337 - I can open MPQ and DBC files without problem, but I can't modify any DBC file and generally the program hard to navigate. Also, I can't find newer version for - looks like all links are dead.
    Then I've found Ladik's MPQ Editor version 2.0.1.312, but it was not enough since it doesn't open (or anything) DBC files, so I've found DBC Editor v 0.1.0.0 BETA by adl and what happen?:
    I've extracted Item.dbc from World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\patch-enGB-2.MPQ and modified it a litte (changed 2 DisplayIDs - exactly made 2 other off-hand items look like 3rd one (I'm pretty sure all of them looks similar, they are offhands etc - tested those IDs before)) and saved the DBC file. Now it's time to overwrite the Item.dbc file and save the MPQ file. Time to test it - bah! When I run my wow, instantly (or almost instantly) a critical error appears:
    This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #131 (0x85100083) File Corrupt
    Program: C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
    File: * DBFilesClient\Item.dbc

Press OK to terminate the application

[ OK ]

So here's my question - how do I fix this critical error? As far I see, the software I used (DBC Editor, MPQ Editor) is outdated a bit (around 2007 year), this may be reason of. Someone may ask what version of game do I use - I use World of Warcraft : Wrath of The Lich King version 3.1.3 (enGB). If you have any other questions (of course connected to my problem) - ask. Also, how do I make my new MPQ archive being loaded by game?
    Thanks for help in advice. +Rep awaits for useful post
    Last edited by SirRFI; 02-12-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Client side files modyfication
    XFiFiX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're problem is that you're editing the .dbc files of you're wow client, therefore corrupting them. To make custom items for your private server, you need to get navicat or mysql, or a similar program, that you can edit the .dbc files of your server, not your wow client itself. Hope this helps!

SirRFI's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said I know how to do custom items (server-side), but they have "?" icon and cannot be weared by right-click but needs to be "moved-handly" (guess you know what I mean). All I want is to do these custom-items in client-side aswell so it would fix common custom-items problems. It may be not enough reason, but non-working custom bows are annyoing. So, if there is solve for my prob - please tell me. Thanks.

Sorry for double post, but this thread needs re-fresh as last post has been added 5~6 days ago.
    I still need answer for my questions.
    Anything may be helpful.
    Guess no one knows the answer except those who don't want to share such info, that's sad.
    Last edited by 2dgreengiant; 02-21-2010 at 07:39 PM.

srg84's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help please

covert_cat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay once you add an item to your server, you actually CAN edit the .dbc's to fix the ?, the fact that it doesn't count as an actual weapon for certain abilities, AND the fact that you can't right-click to equip it .
    So, once you have your custom item in your database, download this program called "DBCUtil" Just google "Download DBCUtil" and click the mediafire link, unrar it, and it's good to go.
    Now, copy your .dbc file from your SERVER folder. It would be in arcemu\bin\dbc\. Find the "item.dbc" file. Now, copy it, paste it into the same folder as DBCUtil, run DBCUtil, and open the resulting .csv file IN NOTEPAD, because excel seems to corrupt it.
    You will see a bunch of random numbers, which you can decypher by looking at your items table in your server! Yay! Corresponding to the column names in the arcemu database, the numbers mean this in their row order:
    ENTRYID,CLASS,SUBCLASS,(leave this at -1),QUALITY,DISPLAYID,SLOT,FLAGS,
    Now here is an example to help you out:
    70000,2,8,-1,5,46609,17,0,(Important: Remember the "," after the FLAGS number.)

This makes my custom item with the entryid "70000" work like a blizz item, as long as all the columns match!
    Class: 2=Weapon,
    Subclass: 8=2hSword,
    Quality: 5=Legendary,
    DisplayID: 46609=Frostmourne's DisplayID! It will look like Frostmourne!
    Slot: 17= Two Hands,
    Flags: 0,

I hope this cleared up any issues you may have had, and sorry you've been waiting so long for an answer.

Oh and I forgot to add, just drag it onto the DBCUtil application again to convert it back to .dbc. Then just use an mpq program like WINMpq to pack it into a new patch. Name it "patch-enUS-4" the 4 can be any number really. WINMpq autosaves any changes, so just close WINMpq afterwards. Then put the patch into your world of warcraft\data\enUS\ folder. Now, the last part is to put the dbc in your server as well. It's as simple as dragging your newly converted .dbc file into it's original folder (arcemu\bin\dbc\). Now, fire up your server and it should work. For items, the patch will be less than 10mb, so it's not a huge problem to distribute it to any friends on your server.
    Last edited by covert_cat; 03-19-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to tell how to pack it into a patch