0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

External chat program?

Hi all, I hope this is the right forum to ask this kind of question in. All related forums say to not post questions in them.

As far as I can tell, it's already possible to capture chat output in WoW and parse it into a window, which some bots have as a feature in them. What I'm curious about is whether or not it would be possible to make it go both ways - being able to send chat data to the WoW client as long as you were logged into it, and it was minimized or something. Maybe something that sends raw keystrokes directly to the WoW client instead of memory injection? I dunno.

I only ask because this seems like it could be potentially useful for talking to other people without having to have the entire WoW client open. I can't be the only person who would find this useful.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but at least some info on why it's dumb would be nice.

Thanks!

External chat program?
    The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure I've see this done before, I think a lot of Glider monitory programs did it, not sure how it was done though.

Athrin Onu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Maffyx View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've see this done before, I think a lot of Glider monitory programs did it, not sure how it was done though.
    Awesome to know it's possible; assuming it isn't bannable or highly detectable it'd be fun to collaborate with someone on making something like this.

A chat program could be a lot more convenient than using WoW's chat. Having hooks for notifications and stuff would be great.

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see what the goal of this is to be, why can't you just use AIM/MSN/Yahoo etc?