0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow map files arn't used from the .MPQ?

So I noticed that using ModelChange.exe I could actully edit things in the MPQ, so I tried swapping around some of the files in the World\Maps\Azeroth\ directory. There is a buncha Azeroth_#_# files. I focused on World\Maps\Azeroth\Azeroth_30_48.adt specifically because I knew that was the GoldShire area*

Going into the game though, everything seemed normal! Bewildered at this, I then restored common.mpq, went into it, and deleted World\Maps\Azeroth\Azeroth_30_48.adt

Went into WoW,,, and again... everything was normal. o_O Odd.
    So, is old information? Or am I just confused?....
    I was pretty sure that World\Maps directory was for the 3D mappings of the entire world. Does the WoW.exe download the mappings real time or something? I suppose that IS possable seeing as all the textures are already on the client side, and all it would need is the vectors with skins associated....

* = I assume this based on the fact that WoW crashes without ModelChange.exe on bootup if ur char last logged off in GoldShire and you deleted that file. And in the crash message, it says that file name specifically caused the crash. Also note that you can deleted any of the other files, and load it fine... just not that one when in GoldShire.
    Last edited by SomeWhiteGuy; 05-17-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Wow map files arn't used from the .MPQ?
    Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Wow map files arn't used from the .MPQ?

prolly live feed. cuz on maps youc an actually se elocatrion of others. i may be wrong though.