0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Accounts besides the One botting get Banned

I've found myself with some extra money and decided to bot for giggles. I was wondering, can other accounts get banned besides the ones that botting.

precautions
    1. I will give the botting account a differnt first/last name, address, everything different from my main account.
    2. I will use a different Windows User to bot on.
    3. Naming my botting folders/etc to "Kitty Pictures"
    4. Paying monthly with Time cards ofc.

What I need to know.

1. I'm using a router in which me and my brother play our mains accounts on. Can those accounts get banned if my botting account gets banned. (Not I will not use any kind of contact between the accounts [IE. whispers, trading, guild, /emote].

2. Glider still #1?

3. Extra tid bits you have.

I know there are probably a lot of different topics/threads of this but I'm tried, cranky, and haven't slept in awhile and don't want to look.

why help me? +Rep x 2
    Without Purpose, You Cannot Exist.

Can Accounts besides the One botting get Banned
    naxxgor's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Months ago I made a similar thread, although my exact questions were different.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ge...e-botting.html

You might find some answers there.

DLC's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to keep this surnames the same, so i can transfer the characters onto m main after done. been 9 toons and nothing wrong so far.
    [72;101;108;108;111;32;109;121;32;110;97;109;101;32;
    105;115;32;68;97;114;114;101;110;0]

-Scooby-'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just be careful only bot whilst your at the PC so you can keep an eye on it.
    The only chance of an IP ban is when your trying to hack wow servers or something very serous, the surnames keep the same the cant ban you because there will most likely be more acc then yours and your brothers with the same surname and if you do get banned hit up verye on the forums and hell make you an unban letter, if your going with glider deffo get elite its so much more worth it.

Hope this helped

dejavu11's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People seem to think blizzard is a fully automated setup... they're not. Now they do scan for known software (glider, ISX, so on and so on) and they will send a ban if they detect them, but other than that there's no set answer to your question.

If blizzard notices that they've banned 4 accounts from your IP, then maybe the person reviewing your case will decide to ban all accounts linked to that IP. Odds are that same person will look up the IP and see if it's part of a university or net cafe before doing so.

That same person may also put the accounts that have been played from your IP on a watch list. The same thing with accounts that looked linked via names, credit card information, etc... They may have tracking software to look for botlike habits (0 durability for a long time, full bags for a long time, extended play periods all the time) and then send a GM to investigate if they think the other toon is a bot and ban.

The point of all of this is to understand that when it comes to bans outside of waves there is an actual person making the decision and not an automated tool (at least that's the impression given by the the history of bans both accounts that weren't botting but used by a botting playing and otherwise).
    :wave:

Kyiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, will rep, and more to come for other posters, keep the info coming plz.
    Without Purpose, You Cannot Exist.

PetRiLJoe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three accounts; one main, two bots.

Two bots survived the ban wave, main died, then I quit WoW. I have since started playing again to play the bots.

What happened was I was using the same computer for all. Glider is still undetectable. I logged on WITH Glider DIRECTLY after a patch (STUPID!!!!) and the patch had corrected an issue with Warden that allowed Glider to remain undetected.

So, to ALL running Glider or ANY bot: Wait a few days to run your bot after a patch, because they may not ban you until several days later like they did with me.

-PetRiLJoe

iwantgoop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would assume not unless they can get hard evidence that the two accounts belong to you

Jahvec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said earlier, only connection with your two accounts would be your ip on its own. But I agree that it has to be more serious threat to get ban IP itself.

masolina01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guildie was in your situation and he was banned on his two accounts, one was botting and the other was his regular. Im am pretty sure that it doesnt matter if u change ur user name on the computer because when i was a little nub and though speed hacking with cheat engine would be fun my brothers and my account were both banned on seperate computers (temporary I.P ban i think) but i would not advise doing it

Hope this help

masolina01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ps. my brother and i had same payment info, and my guildie did aswell

Eski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting banned is all on luck IMO.

I honestly think there is a higher chance of getting banned by someone reporting you then blizzard finding you.

If your botting account gets caught, i think its based on luck if the employee who deals with your account does research and finds same IPs on your main account and bot account.

Perhaps you may be have a lower chance of getting caught if you don't connect the two. Loggingon the same computer, transfering money back and forth etc.