0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Mage Botting Gear/Spec lvl 37?

Hey guys i decided to bott my 37 mage..was wondering whats a good spec and what are the stats on gear i should look for?

Good Mage Botting Gear/Spec lvl 37?
    ayadew's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Good Mage Botting Gear/Spec lvl 37?

From my mage-bot guide on Glider forums

Overall tips:
    My way of using a mage costs money.

1. You want +stamina gear, alot of it. +dmg gear is useless without loads of it, since it scales. But dying is more downtime than waiting for your hp to fill up.

2. You want Health Potions, if you for some reason cant afford it on AH you need herbalism and Alchemy. You will go through alot health potions to survive 2-pulls at the earlier levels, even with Ice Barrier before lvl50.

3. Grind mobs below your level until lvl40. Preferably 2 levels or lower. It will go slow, but its the only way. Other things are suicide for a new mage.

4. Grind sheepable things: Humanoid/Beast. Just melee-mobs. Otherwise your squishy mage will die to adds or casters. Barrens, Ashenvale, Feralas is good stuff. Elementals works good too, as pointed out in thread, but are usually overfarmed and/or possibly in relation more monitored by GM's because of this.

5. Use Frost Armor, less melee dmg on you = less deaths = good.

My spec until lvl 40.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kZxgM0fcc0x

I chose fire because things simply die faster, without Ice Barrier a frost build is useless in my eyes. Burning Soul owns it so hard, with spell 70% interrupt.

Get Burning Soul as fast as possible, basically you pull with Fireball, then Scorch them down. Set Scorch to 90, pull to 39yard (when you have 2/2 Flame Throwing) and you'll be able to pull off 2 fireballs, then scorch/fireblast until they are dead.

I wouldnt use Fireblast at this level at all, but its up to you. It simply costs too much mana.

Don't get Pyroblast, if you get an add the bot will begin with it. It really damn sucks, and the damage is not worth the risk imo.

Spec after 40:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZZVVGh0bxomo

Ice Barrier = Win.
    This will hold you alive almost no matter what, instead of using mana shield with deplets your mana this gives superior protection. You'll now be able to handle 2 mobs at the same level.
    Ice Armor and Frostbolt will proc Frostbite, together with Shatter you will grind very fast and very safe.

Spec after 50:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kZxgM0fcc0eRp

This is where you'll grind at your maximum potency.

Dragon's Breath is the stuff.
    You'll kill stuff like a madman now, with around +16% crit chance and Combustion.
    For your first slot in the 5th action bar I reccomend this macro:

/cast combustion
    /stopcasting
    /cast fireball

Place Dragon's Breath in your Frost Nova slot.

You may also, for more survivability, set this macro in your Frost Nova slot.

/castsequence Dragon's Breath, Frost Nova

Set Frost Nova cooldown to 10seconds in Options, this macro will alternate Breath and Nova each 10 second, making stuff do less dmg on you.

-

Get +fire dmg, all you can get. You'll kill stuff in this order, nothing will even reach you before it dies.
    Fireball, Fireball, Fireblast, Dragon's Breath, Scorch, Scorch, dead.

Is fairly mana-heavy, so +int gear is great. You wont really need +stamina here, since things dies so fast. But if you can't get +fire dmg gear, I'd go with stamina.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Good Mage Botting Gear/Spec lvl 37?

some things i agree with, some things i dont but overall, yeh thats about it