0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Won't Get This From Any Other Company

This is a brilliant thread that was recently posted on the US WoW Customer Service forum: WoW Forums -> Mistakenly banned, CustService not helpful

Here's the original post:

I've been a WoW player since July of 2005 and have never had so much as a warning e-mail, so I find this ridiculous.

I go to log in to my account, and am rudely greeted by the message: "This World of Warcraft account has been suspended." This came as something of a surprise to me, as I can't recall that I did anything that would've been worthy of anything more than a few-hour suspension. I check my e-mail, and find that I've been banned for "automated game play." News to me.

I call Billing, and I get a thoroughly unhelpful CSR. He starts out by telling me "You know the rules, and so do I." I finally manage to explain that I have never botted, and ask if it's possible that my account was compromised and used for botting. He reluctantly admits that this is a possibility, and explains that I will have to have my claim investigated by Account Administration, a process that could take... a very long time. I make a comment about how with AoC recently being released, it might be easier for me to just pick up another game. He then proceeds to tell me about how Blizzard has "made a full commitment" to all their players, and that "I wouldn't get this from any other game."

I decide to give Account Administration a chance, and ask if it's possible to expedite the process, given my loyalty to the game (as evidence by my long play history) and spotless account record. He tells me that he's sympathetic and that if he were me, "I'd just wanna tell you how I'm feeling too, but I've gotta make you understand. It make take awhile, but... Account Administration isn't gonna give you up, isn't gonna let you down, isn't gonna run around and desert you. They're not gonna make you cry, not gonna say 'Goodbye!', not gonna tell a lie, or hurt you."

Is there anything that can be done?
    Read the first post (the above quote) very carefully.

Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

You Won't Get This From Any Other Company
    Emrah123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol so freaky..

LOL look at the reply from the blizz guy in the thread

You'll probably want to contact Account Administration. You're not going to get their kind of assistance from some other guy, especially since you've known each other for so long.

unreal's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He then proceeds to tell me about how Blizzard has "made a full commitment" to all their players, and that "I wouldn't get this from any other game."
    Interesting.

=O

Jeesk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rickroll'd.

xsyx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHA.
    You got BLIZZROLL'D

Threw that together in 2 minutes to make for a laugh or two.