0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mak'gora...!!!

After watching the cinematic and the reaction of the community I want to clear something up.

A mak'gora has rules defined by those who participate in it. It's a misconception that magic is banned,but there is no specific rule stating you can NOT use magic, unless the parties themselves agree to it.

Thrall didn't lose his shamanistic powers because he cheated, he lost them because of an internal struggle.

Garrosh beat Cairne because of poison applied to his axe by Magatha Grimtotem and he felt cheated out of his own win, because it went against the rules they had discussed.

It isn't clear if Sylvanas cheated because of her use of magic (and magical buff) because we don't see those rules applied.

In general though, we can assume that a Mak'gora in it's more modern(Not Old Horde) Form does allow the use of magic unless stated otherwise.

Note: I'm not defending the actions of those who have cheated. But I wanted to clear up a misconception. For more details please see the link below which sets a precedent for what I just posted.

Note: I play both factions, but main Alliance as of recently! Not a Sylvanas fan either.uc browser shareit appvn
    Last edited by malfoypotter; 09-27-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Mak'gora...!!!
  2. Thanks eXp0 (1 members gave Thanks to malfoypotter for this useful post)
    eXp0's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    69/40
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by malfoypotter View Post
    After watching the cinematic and the reaction of the community I want to clear something up.

A mak'gora has rules defined by those who participate in it. It's a misconception that magic is banned,but there is no specific rule stating you can NOT use magic, unless the parties themselves agree to it.

Thrall didn't lose his shamanistic powers because he cheated, he lost them because of an internal struggle.

Garrosh beat Cairne because of poison applied to his axe by Magatha Grimtotem and he felt cheated out of his own win, because it went against the rules they had discussed.

It isn't clear if Sylvanas cheated because of her use of magic (and magical buff) because we don't see those rules applied.

In general though, we can assume that a Mak'gora in it's more modern(Not Old Horde) Form does allow the use of magic unless stated otherwise.

Note: I'm not defending the actions of those who have cheated. But I wanted to clear up a misconception. For more details please see the link below which sets a precedent for what I just posted.

Note: I play both factions, but main Alliance as of recently! Not a Sylvanas fan either.uc browser shareit appvn

Hey malfoy,

Nice discussion to have but you've posted it in the wrong section

I can see how someone new could end up posting in here as you could say you're exploring the traditions and rules surrounding Mak'gora but this section is for a different kind of exploring the physical stuff! :P

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...craft-general/ <- here is the WoW general discussion section, if you post it in there you'll gain more user interaction and it won't get lost amongst the WoW Exploration section. This section is meant for exploring the actual World of Warcraft primarily focused on getting to places either hard to reach or not intended to be reached at all.

Welcome to Ownedcore

- eXp0

(ps. I submitted a report (nothing bad) for the thread so hopefully someone will move it over for you)
    Last edited by eXp0; 09-27-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx eXp0, please mods move this thread from 3 weeks ago