Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at my horse -- my horse is amazing!

I found this the day the expansion launched, but I thought I would keep it quiet until people made the best of it. However, I did not see/meet anyone else actually using it, which is quite a shame, so I suppose after 1+ month it should be safe to post it.

Meet Rose.

0ZEm9cu.png

Rose is a horse, and she is amazing.

Rose is "Lord Norwington's favorite horse" and she can be found at the Norwington Estate in Tiragarde Sound, as part of the Equine Retrieval quest.

This quest is actually in the main storyline of Tiragarde, so you may have already submitted it, in which case, too bad (use an alt).

In order to complete it, all you have to do is walk to the top of the estate, click on Rose to ride her, and then walk her down to Lord Norwington who is anxiously waiting for her.

But, what if you didn't?

What if you decided to keep Rose for yourself?

What if you took Rose away from this dangerous estate and instead roamed freely with her in the wild?

Well, you can.

----

In "simulation terms", Rose is a vehicle NPC, like her friend Cooper.

You may know Cooper from the Norwington Estate Horse Show event. (There was also a bug where you could clone him -- fun times).

If you try to ride Cooper away from the estate, you are immediately dismounted from the "Cooper vehicle".

However, Rose is different. Rose is a rebel. Rose says, "yeah, let's see what's out there", and just comes along.

Rose does not dismount you -- ever. Ever. (Unless, of course, you want her to, or force her -- see below).

You can go with her into buildings and caves and basically anywhere on the island -- she will not dismount you. She's very kind like that (like a better version of Monel-Hardened Stirrups).

Rose is also faster than your mount. You may get 210% (or 220% with the boost) speed out your ground mount, but Rose runs at 257%!

And guess what:

Rose has no fall damage.

Rose-has-no-fall-damage.

----

However, it is not all positive.

Rose is a vehicle. You are its passenger. She is your "guardian" and you are its "minion" -- she is thus targetable.

Rose can be damaged. Like most vehicles, she has a health bar which is independent to yours, so if something/someone attacks you but targets her instead of you, she will get hurt.

Also, since you are riding a vehicle, you won't have your usual button bars, but you can still open your Spellbook and access them from there. You can attack anyone while mounted, as if you were jousting (in a way).

You can heal Rose, if you have heals, and you can buff Rose, if you have buffs. What you can't do is use anything that requires you to be dismounted, because then you will actually dismount yourself, as with any other "mount".

----

With this in mind, let's summarize:

Things you can do with Rose
    • Run faster (257%)
    • Jump from anywhere without dying
    • Walk inside anything without dismounting
    • Farm every single ore and/or herb in the vicinity (or skin, if you're up for a fight)
    • Loot all the chests that are lying around
    • Discover all the flight paths of Kul Tiras
    • Swiftly complete the exploration achievements of Kul Tiras
    • Do some archaeology
    • Fish!
    • Pick fights (choose wisely)
    • Other stuff, I guess..!

Things you can't do with Rose
    • Go into the unknown -- Rose/you still get fatigued
    • Live forever -- Rose can get damaged by NPCs or other players and will die (don't worry; she is always waiting for you back at the estate, safe and well -- just don't submit her quest)
    • Float with a Draenic Water Walking Elixir (I haven't tried with spells though)
    • Use Goblin Glider Kit (it thinks you are grounded even when mid-air)
    • Anything that requires you to be dismounted (as expected)

----

Rose is a very quiet "mount", without the annoying generic horse galloping sound that some horse mounts have. Rose is also very agile, easily climbing funny cliffs with a few jumps.

Blizzard should consider making her an actual mount -- she is so much better than most!

The USA office should now be closing for the day, and the French office should be sleeping. Let's see how long it takes them to see this post and patch Rose. This will finally allow/urge me to finish the Tiragarde questline :P

In the meantime, have fun with Rose, and post any more findings of what she can do. Enjoy!

----

PS1: If you have Falling Flame, you won't make Rose fly, but you will spin around on top of her like a crazy fireball for about a minute. Fun times!
    PS2: If you try to mount Rose while being mounted on Cooper, you may get insta-disconnected.
    PS3: If you try to mount Rose while being mounted on your own mount, you may get her as a companion instead of a guardian..!
    PS4: If you accidentally deliver her while walking around the estate, don't submit the quest -- abandon it and relog so that it resets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Look at my horse -- my horse is amazing!-rose-png  
    Last edited by Sendatsu; 09-21-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Look at my horse -- my horse is amazing!
  2. Thanks China - Hellfireous, Nyarly, HaRdCoR3, azix, artemarkantos (5 members gave Thanks to Sendatsu for this useful post)
    China - Hellfireous's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/42
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great and fun, thank you for sharing!

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool stuff "Jump from anywhere without dying" !
    Thanks for sharing, I already love rose.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I read the title, I thought of the song...

Sendatsu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very interesting that it has now been almost 3 months since the release of the expansion and about 1.5 months since I posted this bug here, and they have not patched it yet. They are either too busy fixing the bugs mentioned in the Exploits subforum, or too understaffed to care about this Oh well!

Sendatsu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bug (feature?) still works btw. (25/03/2019)