23/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quel'thalas and Stratholme: Airborn!

Hello, everyone! Let me introduce myself: I go by "Link" and I've only been playing WoW since MoP. It's actually not that entertaining to me, but I am enthralled by the stuff that's posted here. It's seriously amazing. I figured I'd have a go at it and I hope you enjoy.

On to the good stuff! You MUST be a druid to do this. I was able to fly all around Quel'thas, not just the tower. This includes non-instanced Stratholme, which intrudes into the zone. There are a couple of tricks I used to get into the area and I'm willing to share with reputable explorers. Just PM me. I'd rather people have a chance to use it than post it publicly.

Well, what are you waiting for? Click the picture to view the album. Let me know what you think!

Patch: 6.0.2
    People needed: Solo
    Class: Druid
    Items: Mushroom Chair
    Professions: None
    Third party tools: None.
    Disconnects: None.
    Mounts: None.
    Macros: None.

Full Explanation of Method: [Click!] (Quel'thalas and Stratholme: Airborn!)

Disclaimer: I did do a search and I've yet to find someone flying in this zone without offline mode. Please feel free to tell me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Link*; 10-20-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quel'thalas and Stratholme: Airborn!
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Link* View Post
    Hello, everyone! Let me introduce myself: I go by "Link" and I've only been playing WoW since MoP. It's actually not that entertaining to me, but I am enthralled by the stuff that's posted here. It's seriously amazing. I figured I'd have a go at it and I hope you enjoy.

On to the good stuff! You MUST be a druid to do this. I was able to fly all around Quel'thas, not just the tower. This includes non-instanced Stratholme, which intrudes into the zone. There are a couple of tricks I used to get into the area and I'm willing to share with reputable explorers. Just PM me. I'd rather people have a chance to use it than post it publicly.

Well, what are you waiting for? Click the picture to view the album. Let me know what you think!

Patch: 6.0.2
    People needed: Solo
    Class: Druid
    Items: Secret for now...
    Professions: None
    Third party tools: None.
    Disconnects: None.
    Mounts: None.
    Macros: None.

Disclaimer: I did do a search and I've yet to find someone flying in this zone without offline mode. Please feel free to tell me if I am wrong.
    Hi Link, welcome to the community!

I've personally always been able to fly in Quel'Thalas, even prior to 6.0.2 (I am a Druid however); there's plenty of forum posts on how to get to Quel'Thalas as a variety of classes, Druid included, but considering you've decided not to share your method with the community I guess it's not really a repost.

One thing I would say (in my opinion, so therefore it's up to you) is that I feel sharing the knowledge with only 'reputable' explorers is a bit unfair to newcomers, considering you yourself are a newcomer here (& not a reputable explorer from what I know). Nevertheless, here's +1 rep for the contribution and the effort uploading some great screenshots!
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 10-15-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Link*'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome and rep, Hazzbazzy!

The method I'm using is brand new (albeit a modification to an existing method) to 6.0.2 coming from 5.4.8 and I will publicly disclose the details later. I'm not trying to put myself high or anything by only sharing the details with only reputable explorers. I just want to decrease the chance of the information getting out to a Blizzard spy (if they do that sort of thing). I'm sure the explorers would appreciate a new method to try before it gets fixed.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome and rep, Hazzbazzy!

The method I'm using is brand new (albeit a modification to an existing method) to 6.0.2 coming from 5.4.8 and I will publicly disclose the details later. I'm not trying to put myself high or anything by only sharing the details with only reputable explorers. I just want to decrease the chance of the information getting out to a Blizzard spy (if they do that sort of thing). I'm sure the explorers would appreciate a new method to try before it gets fixed.
    I wouldn't worry about Blizzard seeing it or not buddy There's methods from 4 patches ago that still work; the Darkmoon Tiger on an object to get through an invisible wall is from about 4 patches ago. Even if it does get fixed, the idea of exploring is to find new methods and places ^^ I understand your concern however.

Link*'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I promised to disclose this method publicly and now I have. Click on the picture to see how and enjoy!

I was only able to use this method for this exploration so far. It seems to only work on "weak" invisible walls. I tried this inside Caverns of Time and could not get anywhere.
    Nothing is impossible.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I promised to disclose this method publicly and now I have. Click on the picture to see how and enjoy!

I was only able to use this method for this exploration so far. It seems to only work on "weak" invisible walls. I tried this inside Caverns of Time and could not get anywhere.
    The Shroom trick with Flight Form could be useful if it still works.