0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by adolphin View Post
    Nah, before the mog glitch was public you could use it to get a CA copy, and use that as "proof" that you lost your original CA.
    and thanks to idiot who went with that public (GM involved) he got perma banned and glitch was fixed

when we (friends of me & me myself) went to instanced epl (naxx) around or before day when this went public we managed to get there (back then levi climbing was still on) to get on highest mountain and get in as combo of some tankish class, mage & priest & we landed near loatheb's room.... so we went fight with him - strangely he didn't 1 shoot us but it took him few mins to get us down...
    later on i went solo there and landed on some platform with big patrolling spiders, strangely it was easy to kill them they did drop few silvers but coulnd't farm anything that would point that naxx40 loot table was still on
    if you'd go through pics which i've psoted above - you'd notice that in "northrend test area" 60s can be found there... as far i know you can't skip level requirements for raid dungeon so the conclusion would be that this place was there since vanilla

http://imgur.com/a/XGbBu#58 - there were even mobs there xD
    Last edited by ketrish; 02-02-2014 at 06:11 PM.

[OLD NAXX HUNT] Possible clue found
    adolphin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ketrish View Post
    and thanks to idiot who went with that public (GM involved) he got perma banned and glitch was fixed

when we (friends of me & me myself) went to instanced epl (naxx) around or before day when this went public we managed to get there (back then levi climbing was still on) to get on highest mountain and get in as combo of some tankish class, mage & priest & we landed near loatheb's room.... so we went fight with him - strangely he didn't 1 shoot us but it took him few mins to get us down...
    later on i went solo there and landed on some platform with big patrolling spiders, strangely it was easy to kill them they did drop few silvers but coulnd't farm anything that would point that naxx40 loot table was still on
    if you'd go through pics which i've psoted above - you'd notice that in "northrend test area" 60s can be found there... as far i know you can't skip level requirements for raid dungeon so the conclusion would be that this place was there since vanilla

Pre BC - Imgur - there were even mobs there xD
    Did you go in as an 80? Your screenies are from vanilla :P that is interesting that there's mobs down there though. I may have been the one who made the CA exploit "public", but not intentionally. Some jealous guy on my server wouldn't believe that I had CA and looked into my activity feed, and saw the mogged weapon I got a day before the real CA. He started a huge thing on mmo-champ and the wow forums.Threads are still up, actually.
    I'm not a narcissist, you idiot.

ketrish's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    screenies are not mine - they were found, if you'd look at the map you'd see that his friends are in this location & if you'd check party bars - all are 60s...
    i went there as 80 & there is the rule - if you got something by exploit wait 3-6 months to publish it due the logs

1 thing i do regret - due screens it looks like in instanced versions there were mobs or (option #2) 2nd/7th world were crossing over instanced zones which would make this more interesting

edit: option#2 if would be true then back then it would be mind blowing

Dadocta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a private server I used to play on back when Wrath was retail.. late Wrath. I was messing with GM commands and found myself in Naxx-40. I even teleported to the 10/25 naxx and made sure it wasn't modded. I hadn't downloaded anything to play on this server; as it was the most recent at the time. I think it was 3.3.3? But, anyways.. All mobs had loot and everything, including bosses - even that one elf guy was standing there looking pretty. I even went to go check and see if the guy inside who was stuck in that cage and he was there.

I know it was a long time ago, but when people say Naxx-40 was deleted/overwritten when WotLK came out - I believe they're wrong.

It was still in the game files.

akspa420's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naxx still exists in the game files as it did for lvl 60 and 80. It's the server-side that is an unknown. The server controls the mobs, and game objects like portals - whether or not there's some mythical blizz instance server still pushing out the mob and game object data for lvl 60 naxx is the real question in this thread.

As far as the game files are concerned, Naxx has not changed in any way since its release. There may have been some doors or objects renamed, but the WMO and ADT data have remained the same for its entire run. The only difference is what data the server sent to the client.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know it was in the files still as a level 60 instance. Anyone able to tell me a full list of mobs in it? And if any of them are connected to a loot table? (call to arms, RE's)

Ebah's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this thread is very interesting.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ebah View Post
    this thread is very interesting.
    True Dat...

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know it was in the files still as a level 60 instance. Anyone able to tell me a full list of mobs in it? And if any of them are connected to a loot table? (call to arms, RE's)
    The game client doesn't have any of the data that identifies mobs or loot tables. That's all server-side. As far as the game client is concerned, any map files that have a valid map id in the maps.dbc, could be entered, so long as the server sends the appropriate commands to the client to launch the map. The game client is only half of the equation. The server handles mobs, and loot tables. Blizz could, theoretically, very easily offer a Vanilla-like experience using current game client data. There's really no reason for them not to offer some sort of classic-mode in the future, when WoW is just a memory in all of our eyes.

That said, the instance map has not changed since wotlk, with very minor changes to it back then (if any changes, that is - internally, the map id is the same as it was for the lvl60 instance). The only change I can figure is when they converted the maps over to v4.x/5.x's map format, and should they do any further changes, it will just be to update the map data format, not the actual terrain or WMO data. The loot tables and mobs are hotfixed and tuned on the blizzard server, and do not share data with the client unless the client is authorized to pull that data (instance ID's need to exist). That said, I'm very doubtful that when 3.0 hit, anyone that was in the prior version would end up in that version when the level 80 version existed, as the server would not have had the appropriate instance ID with its loot tables and mobs, especially after the server-side upgrade from 2.x to 3.x. It's quite surprising that instance id's work at all between version upgrades (like 5.0 to 5.1), but that's likely thanks to the v4.x feature to extend instance locks - features that were not available back in 3.0.

This all said (TLDR - game files do not contain mob or loot table data. Instances typically do not have their geometry or terrain data changed, unless they're getting a major overhaul (see: Scarlet Monastery). Naxx's files on the client were practically identical when 3.0 hit, with server-side changes ONLY. Server tech back then was not as advanced as today, so instance locks were set to expire when major versions were released - making it not likely that anyone could enter the level 60 version of Naxx after version 2.4.3. Even if an account has a toon inside the instance, the game will likely port them out upon trying to re-attach the game to the instance ID, since the servers no longer offer the level 60 instance, and the instance ID would have become invalid due to Blizzard's constantly changing server infrastructure.

It's not possible to enter the old version of Naxx, sadly.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone change around the clients map files to make the game throw you into stockade for example, when entering Naxx?

Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naxxramas (original) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Research could be done to definitely confirm/bust naxx story by exploring everything possible with divide of 2:
    - where loot/mobs can be found
    - where scratch of naxx can be found

Why You may ask - when last time have you seen anything completly deleted from this game by blizz :>. Good old saying was : blizz does not remove, blizz moves things.

rokidokitoki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ketrish View Post
    Naxxramas (original) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Research could be done to definitely confirm/bust naxx story by exploring everything possible with divide of 2:
    - where loot/mobs can be found
    - where scratch of naxx can be found

Why You may ask - when last time have you seen anything completly deleted from this game by blizz :>. Good old saying was : blizz does not remove, blizz moves things.
    What about that article is relevant?
    What do you mean "scratch of naxx"?
    This entire post is very confusing.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone change around the clients map files to make the game throw you into stockade for example, when entering Naxx?
    yes - however, the mobs would load for naxx, not the stockades... There's various other bits that would not work quite right, since the spawn point for the character would be incorrect, placing you where the server would normally place a character within the naxx maps. Your character would likely fall through the non-existent map at the coordinates provided by the server, thus disconnecting you from the server, possibly indefinitely. There's a lot more to map swapping that people don't realize.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by akspa420 View Post
    yes - however, the mobs would load for naxx, not the stockades... There's various other bits that would not work quite right, since the spawn point for the character would be incorrect, placing you where the server would normally place a character within the naxx maps. Your character would likely fall through the non-existent map at the coordinates provided by the server, thus disconnecting you from the server, possibly indefinitely. There's a lot more to map swapping that people don't realize.
    I anticipated all of that, all you gotta do is use hacks to avoid the fall.

Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rokidokitoki View Post
    What about that article is relevant?