Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hidden Troll Village. Maybe a secret wing of Zul'Aman?

My First Self Found Exploration!
    While exploring around Ghostlands (well not really in the Ghostlands), today I found a secret village. There was an invisible wall all around the villiage but I figured out a way in. :D. Sorry I don't have a guide on how to get here, it took me a long time with turning internet on and off to fly glitch and whatnot. Enjoy! (Sorry if this doesn't deserve its own thread, I just don't get posting everything in one thread, I know I like to see new stuff on the front page). I think the entrance to this place is underground, at the gate in a photo (4th/5th photo). I went around the mountain to try to find where that balcony is, and there was nothing.
    Oh yeah, almost forgot, I do apologize if somebody already found and posted this, I did not mean to offend anybody.

http://imgur.com/a/MYTkO
    Last edited by Cookies7; 09-08-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Hidden Troll Village. Maybe a secret wing of Zul'Aman?
    Eryx's Avatar Former Staff ✲ B26354 ✲ CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    574/277
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You found a way into the Zul'Aman dungeon, uninstanced?

Edit: Sorry, not to be an ass, but this is the "good old" ZA dungeon, just with no mobs inside it since you found a way to join it uninstanced. If you ever did ZA I'm suprised you didn't see that straight away

Will reward you with a couple of cookies none the less for a nice initiative and your time to make the screenshots and contributing to the site.
    Last edited by Eryx; 09-08-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Emo_Sauce's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually a copy of ZA dungeon, found uninstanced in the world somewhere in the mountains of the ghostlands, not that he just found a way to join it uninstanced by some sort of trick/second world via zoning in to create no mobs. However it has been posted here numerous times by both myself and other explorers.

Thanks for the contribution though Cookies7 and welcome to the exploration community. +2 rep
    Last edited by Emo_Sauce; 09-08-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you just discovered what we call an uninstanced place.
    They had to do a lot of work on this for the transition to cataclysm ^^
    Gratz for finding it yourself and keep exploring !

akspa420's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post
    Yep, you just discovered what we call an uninstanced place.
    They had to do a lot of work on this for the transition to cataclysm ^^
    Gratz for finding it yourself and keep exploring !
    Actually, they didn't do anything to this area in cataclysm - hence the reason why flying is disabled in the ghostlands portion of the eastern kingdoms.
    If you compare the ghostlands maps from 5.x to 3.3.5, you'll find that nothing has changed.

Cookies7's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry about that. I started playing at like the very end of Cata. I might of done this dungeon once or twice, but I don't think I have. I did quests to 85, and then only the heroics that dropped 378s (I think that was the number). Thank you Eryxx and Emo_Sauce for the rep! Also thanks for the grata Nyarly!

Carcinogen's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the people who post in these threads blow my mind. Take the now removed thread Turkey11 posted a few days ago about finding another human scaling model. Before it was removed it had more replies than any other exploration thread I've seen for a long time. And at least 65% of the posts were from "explorers" who practically never leave a comment of encouragement in any of the threads that actually show areas that haven't been seen before, or show new methods to escape an area, by newer explorers that I'm sure would have actually appreciated the positive feedback.

This specific thread only has one big offender in it, who is of course the loudest one in it, but the point is still valid. There's been 2 new threads posted in the last 48 hours that actually warranted attention, and this thread has at least 2x more posts in it than either of them.

Strangletusk's Avatar World Explorer
    Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Carcinogen View Post
    Some of the people who post in these threads blow my mind. Take the now removed thread Turkey11 posted a few days ago about finding another human scaling model. Before it was removed it had more replies than any other exploration thread I've seen for a long time. And at least 65% of the posts were from "explorers" who practically never leave a comment of encouragement in any of the threads that actually show areas that haven't been seen before, or show new methods to escape an area, by newer explorers that I'm sure would have actually appreciated the positive feedback.

This specific thread only has one big offender in it, who is of course the loudest one in it, but the point is still valid. There's been 2 new threads posted in the last 48 hours that actually warranted attention, and this thread has at least 2x more posts in it than either of them.
    Concerning your last paragraph, there's a few reasons I can think of for this. The title "Hidden Troll Village. Maybe a secret wing of Zul'Aman?" is enough info for many experienced explorers to instantly think "that's probably the uninstanced ZA behind the ZA portal", which then for a good portion will make them go check the thread, which then will make some point out once they've confirmed this that yes, it is indeed the uninstanced ZA and is a repost. And many will do this rather bluntly. It's quicker to be blunt than be nice about it, sadly.

So, titles like that will draw people who know of the place to the thread from the beginning, and unfortunately, repost threads always draw people in. Many people just have this strange eagerness to call out repost, often despite several others having done so already.

Lets contrast this with a straight up exploration video, say...5 minutes long or so. It contains some new exploration we've not seen before. The thread has an explorationy title to it (this is all just a made up example by the way). And it's fairly to the point - what you see is what you get. It's not particularly likely to spark a large discussion.

Some people won't even bother to check it. Some will check it, see it's a 5 minute video or whatever, then not watch. Some will stay and watch. A small fraction of them will enjoy it enough to just do a +rep. And an even smaller fraction will actually take the time to write out a quick reply saying how they enjoyed the video.

It may not seem like much effort, and really, it isn't, but so many simply can't be bothered. And sadly, it's easier to go to a thread and cry repost than actually taking the time to check out a video and give a thoughtful response.

A slightly depressing thought, but in my opinion it's why repost threads get so many replies while the good videos get so few by comparison.
    Last edited by Strangletusk; 09-08-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    My exploration channel: The Strangletusk Expedition