192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions

This forum has a [NO QUESTIONS] and [NO THEORIES] policy. This means that you cannot start a thread simply for the purpose of asking a question or posing a theory. I saw one of our members today ask (in the Random Exploration thread) how to get out of a particular instance. It prompted me to think.... wouldn't it be great if our Exploration Community had one thread where they could pose these types of questions, and we could discuss the answers as a community?

This is that thread! Ever wonder how to get out of Grim Batol? Do you need to know how to get past the sticky walls in Tol'Vir? Do you have a theory that something might work, but you'd like the exploration community to test it with you? Ask your questions here!! We have some seriously amazing Exploration minds... let us put them to good use and help each other out!

~ The Wizard

((NOTE: This is an experiment. It may get flooded with nonsense. Or... it may work and push us forward as a community. Please, please use the search function before posting your question/theory in this thread. I do not want to see this fill up with questions that are easily answered/researched by simply using the search function.))
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 05-01-2013 at 08:09 PM.

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions
    Ziozi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel very honored being that "guy" who asked in our Random Exploration thread

i support this thread!

Maccer's Avatar gay secks CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    40/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's not really a mind-breaking question or something, but could someone give me a link to a video featuring a way into Kara Crypts which doesn't have engineering or anything class specific required?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to- Karazhan Crypts Patch 5.0.5 / 5.1.0 / 5.2 - [HD] - YouTube

First youtube link lol...

So please as OP says, do some search first before you request!

Elektropop's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DanzaKuduro View Post
    I know it's not really a mind-breaking question or something, but could someone give me a link to a video featuring a way into Kara Crypts which doesn't have engineering or anything class specific required?
    If you don't mind going Offline mode, I recommend flying under the world (There's loads of spots for that in Zul'Gurub), going Offline mode and just fly there.
    Naww

Woona's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Elektropop View Post
    If you don't mind going Offline mode, I recommend flying under the world (There's loads of spots for that in Zul'Gurub), going Offline mode and just fly there.
    I second this. Offline mode is extremely handy when going around trying to find entrances to caverns or buildings underneath the map.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ziozi View Post
    In that video he uses Rocket Boots at 1:54...

I've never tried this way... does it require engineering? I've always been under the impression that it did... and I, too, would like to know a way into the Karazhan Crypts, Live (not offline) on a current server...So good question IMO, DanzaKuduro! Anyone else know how?

chiliboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way in the video works fine, just to make it a little easier:
    go to this corner and just jump on your mammoth until you get into the wall.

no bigger/ smaller potion needed.
    once you are inside just proceed like in the video, instead of engi-boost you can use darkwater potions

Woona's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am quite certain you only need a sprint or something of the likes. Potions can provide this for you. I shall try this right now for you guys.

Edit:
    Last edited by Woona; 05-01-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Added instructional video

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent! Thanks very much Woona. Now DanzaKuduro, myself and others know how to get into the Crypts with any class, on a live server, during this patch. Love it! (+rep when I can)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this is the thread to ask but. I just thought about the old days (Vanilla/TBC) Exploring, and i remember when alot of people did the Gryphon rider bug so you would be running around on the flight path gryphon. - Then there was this video where a guy Used the gryphon bug and apparently you would not loose (either Breath or Fatigue i dont really remember) and he then ran to the edge of the world (far far out in the sea) started diving and down there was Sunken Gnomish city! - kinda like Atlantis ^.^

- Does any1 know about that video and can maybe link it? i would like to find out of if that place is still available! Thanks!

EDIT : I couldn't find much myself, i found this tho :

But it's not very clear and video i'm searching showed the location and where to go
    - but i hope this video might clear out what i mean!
    Last edited by Ziozi; 05-02-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziozi, a great question!

Yes, the place still exists... but unfortunately after Cataclysm it now appears below the death line. You can use Offline Mode to visit it, but your camera will not follow you all the way down.
    The location is a little south of the Compass Rose on the Tanaris map. Check the thread that I link below (and the thread linked in the first post in that thread) to help you find it:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ploration.html (Tanaris underwater exploration.)

Here is a shot of Trokair dead at the village, back when the Camera would follow you down:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate Aww That's a real shame

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I've got a question...

In the current patch, if you're travelling between the walls or under the floor (etc) in a dungeon, and you hit a patch of water, you get disconnected. Has anyone found a way around this??

The only time I've seen it done really was by Dellion. He did a Scarlett Monastery video a while back where he did this. I asked him how...he advised that he had DC'ed (by the water), logged back on and DC'ed again (due to the water), and then "waited 1-1.5 minutes before logging back on" and he was able to swim up in the water without DCing. Video is here, watch from like 1:40 on: Old Scarlet Monastery Exploration - YouTube

I have tried Dellion's method in a few places, but I always run into the DC and can't seem to avoid it. So that is my dilemma. It was specifically bothering me last night in the Crypt of the Forgotten Kings scenario, where I wanted to jump through walls and land in the water next to the stairs. Obviously I keep getting DC'ed... but there must be a way!! Any thoughts?
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 05-02-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Indistinct's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    13/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if waiting works all the time, but when I got trapped in watery disconnect madness outside of MgT, I waited like 2 minutes and logged back in.. I then managed to swim out of the water!

Then again, I found no way around the water surrounding the Throne of the Tides entrance.. hmm

Page 1 of 28 12345 ... LastLast