Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a test folder : Imgur: The magic of the Internet (compass like in skyrim, cool titles, markers with color selection)
    And shamefully stolen from marlamin, the coolest stuff so far:

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions
  2. Thanks ReznikShaman, akspa420, Dovah (3 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question :
    http://nyarly.fr/WoWExplore/ED.mp4
    http://nyarly.fr/WoWExplore/ED_2.mp4

Saw this in Emerald Dream 0.5.5.
    Did you remember seeing that in ED or everywhere else ? To me it looks quite unique.

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried rekindling my love for exploration today, but most of the stuff i used to do before simply doesnt work anymore. Using nitro boots + slow fall removes nitro boots buff it seems like, no engineering items can be used in dungeons apart from nitro boost. As a rogue I feel I have no ways of breaking out of boundries any more apart from wallclimbing, and I find myself getting bored quick. Anyone have any tips for me?
    I don't have a skype account. Contact me through pms or through discord.

azix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    87/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    I tried rekindling my love for exploration today, but most of the stuff i used to do before simply doesnt work anymore. Using nitro boots + slow fall removes nitro boots buff it seems like, no engineering items can be used in dungeons apart from nitro boost. As a rogue I feel I have no ways of breaking out of boundries any more apart from wallclimbing, and I find myself getting bored quick. Anyone have any tips for me?
    I love exploring with my rogue. Granted, one does not have too many abilities, but Grappling Hook is really powerful to get through walls!

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    There's about 3 methods currently to get out of any boundaries in game, they're not complex they just require a bit of thought. Exploring isn't really what it used to be :/
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    Exploring isn't really what it used to be :/
    Back in the day, I used to have to explore barefoot, in the snow, going uphill both ways!

Seriously though, I dislike comments like this. They only sow disinterest for new explorers.
    Everything feels better in the past, that's just the nature of something that is new that then gets old!
    Especially when people start messing with model editing and advanced exploration techniques.
    Eventually they've "seen everything" and the exploration "isn't what it used to be"...
    The "getting old" is the person, not the game or techniques, IMO.

As an example of another perspective, I explored Neltharion's Lair for the first time ever this week.
    I spent 10+ hours in that instance over the course of two days, and felt like a kid again.
    Totally got the old discovery vibe that I used to get.
    Exploring is what you make of it, and there is always more to see.

Dante, my tip would be to go back to some of the old, more simple techniques that you used to use.
    Growing through walls, Darkmoon tigers, Blink & Leap spots, etc.
    Check Hazzy's updated Exploration Handbook for some great current exploration tips.

8. Thanks Romath (1 members gave Thanks to WizardTrokair for this useful post)
    CAKEBOOST's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/10
    Trade Feedback
    78 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nyarly View Post
    from a test folder : imgur: The magic of the internet (compass like in skyrim, cool titles, markers with color selection)
    and shamefully stolen from marlamin, the coolest stuff so far:
    hail hydra?

Leipzig's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ! I play again WoW recently and i want to know what is the best class for exploration now (7.3.5) ?

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *grits teeth and answers Leipzig*

Demon Hunter.

Leipzig's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ! Thank for the answer man !

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, quick question for the oldschool OC heads...

There was once a thread years back (or maybe it was just a post in the Random Explorations thread, which would explain why I can't find it)...
    It was regarding a hidden mob in Stratholme, hiding on the rooftops. My search powers are not strong this month, and I can't find that post / thread.
    Can someone please assist?

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    Hey, quick question for the oldschool OC heads...

There was once a thread years back (or maybe it was just a post in the Random Explorations thread, which would explain why I can't find it)...
    It was regarding a hidden mob in Stratholme, hiding on the rooftops. My search powers are not strong this month, and I can't find that post / thread.
    Can someone please assist?
    I dont remember this one but I do remember Culling of Stratholme Test NPCs ^^

petter7252's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is blocking CRZ still a thing? or are there any reports of people getting banned?
    Tried running STV fishing contest today, no luck. But thinking of using CRZ-blocking next week to fish, and disable when i turn the quest in. doable? thoughts?

mareczkoa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time reader, first time poster but here is my question:

How far away can you go physcially out of map and what exactly would happen? I mean while breaking out of bounds of game world. For example if you head past GM Island and keep flying for lets say 10 hours? Or flying up for 10 hours? Would the game start bugging out the coords/Would you get DC'ed after a short while? Would the camera Freeze at last cord and your character keep flying out of camera?

I remember once when you could use the FP bug, I flied out from Kalimdor to/past Eastern Kingdoms on the World Map. There was just empty water textures but apparently no water. Then there was nothing and the camera would stop and I'd see my char flying away. After a short while I got DC'ed and could not login. Guess the bugged FP ended. Needed GM to tep me back. Sorry if the question was already posted but its kinda hard to search the thread.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mareczkoa View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster but here is my question:

How far away can you go physcially out of map and what exactly would happen? I mean while breaking out of bounds of game world. For example if you head past GM Island and keep flying for lets say 10 hours? Or flying up for 10 hours? Would the game start bugging out the coords/Would you get DC'ed after a short while? Would the camera Freeze at last cord and your character keep flying out of camera?

I remember once when you could use the FP bug, I flied out from Kalimdor to/past Eastern Kingdoms on the World Map. There was just empty water textures but apparently no water. Then there was nothing and the camera would stop and I'd see my char flying away. After a short while I got DC'ed and could not login. Guess the bugged FP ended. Needed GM to tep me back. Sorry if the question was already posted but its kinda hard to search the thread.
    I used to have this question; IIRC if you get into an invalid location you just get DCed nowadays (impassable chunks dont count).

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 232425262728 LastLast