Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Don't know which jump you are trying to make trokair, but as far as i know it's not the Water that makes you DC but just because u fall below the DC border, so have you tried instead of normal jumping(probably with slowfall) into the water, then use Extreme rocket boots + darkwater to reach the water without getting underneath the DC border?

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions
    WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Indistinct View Post
    I'm not sure if waiting works all the time, but when I got trapped in watery disconnect madness outside of MgT, I waited like 2 minutes and logged back in.. I then managed to swim out of the water!
    Interesting... so very similar to what Dellion said he did. Perhaps there is something to it that I was missing. Perhaps it works in some spots, but not others...

Originally Posted by Ziozi View Post
    I Don't know which jump you are trying to make trokair, but as far as i know it's not the Water that makes you DC but just because u fall below the DC border, so have you tried instead of normal jumping(probably with slowfall) into the water, then use Extreme rocket boots + darkwater to reach the water without getting underneath the DC border?
    No no, definitely the water. I know flying through air DCs you, but I can make the short distance through the air on this one (I had used the Xtreme boots). Same as if you were walking on a flat, metallic plane under an instance and you ran into water and you would DC... it's the water, in this case.

Same with swimming under water with Tol'Vir. Anywhere you're swimming underwater, underground or between walls in instances, it DCs you. It is that DC (not the air DC from flying under the world un-instanced) that I am looking to get around.

Ziozi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm alright, as for now the only way i know and have used of is simply going Offline mode, which sucks if you are 2 people, it doens't hurt that much if you are solo anyways. but yeah... the problem is we cant use any items afterwards, can we now ?

zaeBOOST's Avatar Contributor MASTER BOOSTER CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    28 (96%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explanation of the whole D/C thing:

D/Cing in water can be caused by 2 things:

1) Imagine you are in the Dalaran Sewers and in the water there, you find a patch of water and start swimming you then find a whole when you are swimming and you swim down. You get D/Cd, because when you enter a patch of water, the client thinks that the water extends to Z: -17056 so you keep swimming down and sends swim packets, but in reality, you are in the area between Dalaran and the ground. So when your client sends a swim packet where there is no actual water. You get a D/C.

2) Another way you'd D/C is if you found water on the ground(lets say Elwynn Forest) and swam down. You'd get a D/C because Blizzard "fixed" being underground(if you'd fly - you'd D/C too). But pre-cata, you could do this and everything would've been fine!

D/Cing in air is only caused by being under terrain.

A fix for the 1st cause of underwater D/C is simple: Disable Collision with water(This can be achieved by editing the memory,)

Ziozi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is just... what are you hoping to achieve in the water trok ? i just checked the scenario out and tried jumping into the water (from growing through stairs) but it doens't look like there's anything in this scenario !

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ziozi View Post
    My question is just... what are you hoping to achieve in the water trok ? i just checked the scenario out and tried jumping into the water (from growing through stairs) but it doens't look like there's anything in this scenario !
    I am hoping to achieve standing there on a live realm (where I can still whisper my friends) and sticking my tongue out.
    For me, simply reaching the spot (and the journey) is the goal and the reward!

Seriously though, whenever you're travelling in just about any water in an instance between walls or underground, you get disconnected. I would like to know if anyone has found a way around this, or has any theories. I just used the Crypt of the Forgotten Kings as an example.

Originally Posted by Kurnik View Post
    1) Imagine you are in the Dalaran Sewers and in the water there, you find a patch of water and start swimming you then find a whole when you are swimming and you swim down. You get D/Cd, because when you enter a patch of water, the client thinks that the water extends to Z: -17056 so you keep swimming down and sends swim packets, but in reality, you are in the area between Dalaran and the ground. So when your client sends a swim packet where there is no actual water. You get a D/C.

A fix for the 1st cause of underwater D/C is simple: Disable Collision with water(This can be achieved by editing the memory,)
    You seem to know what you're talking about. Thanks very much for your insight. I guess I need a way, in game, to disable this collision or trick the client into sending different packets. I'm not into memory editing. Damn Blizzard for making this change!

Or perhaps there is a way to trick the game into thinking you're in one location, while you're actually in another? Like with the old SecondWorld tricks when the game thought you were still at the graveyard. Perhaps something like this can still be achieved? Gives me something to ponder, anyhow. +4 rep, and thanks!
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 05-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Devilsdog's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, does the old sandbox tiger method still work? And does it have to be a sandbox tiger or can it be something like the Darkmoon Dragon? Also trying to get past invisible walls with the mushroom chair but that doesn't seem to work. Only wondering since I have a load of these sitting in my bank with no use :>

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Devilsdog View Post
    Quick question, does the old sandbox tiger method still work? And does it have to be a sandbox tiger or can it be something like the Darkmoon Dragon? Also trying to get past invisible walls with the mushroom chair but that doesn't seem to work. Only wondering since I have a load of these sitting in my bank with no use :>
    The old Sandbox / Darkmoon Tiger glitch, where it could pass through any wall, has been fixed for some time. However, all of those types of items (Mushroom Chair, Darkmoon Tiger, Sandbox Tiger, Fishing Chair) can still be used to pass through walls... however you must be standing on an object that goes through the wall when you cast the item. So when you get to an invisible wall you need to pass... run along it until you find a tree, wall, or rock that juts through the wall... stand on that object and face the wall when you cast. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 05-03-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Devilsdog's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, thanks very much Trokair! Must spread before repping you again :P

Thurok's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good thread, might have some questions pretty soon.

zaeBOOST's Avatar Contributor MASTER BOOSTER CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    28 (96%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    I am hoping to achieve standing there on a live realm (where I can still whisper my friends) and sticking my tongue out.
    For me, simply reaching the spot (and the journey) is the goal and the reward!

Seriously though, whenever you're travelling in just about any water in an instance between walls or underground, you get disconnected. I would like to know if anyone has found a way around this, or has any theories. I just used the Crypt of the Forgotten Kings as an example.

You seem to know what you're talking about. Thanks very much for your insight. I guess I need a way, in game, to disable this collision or trick the client into sending different packets. I'm not into memory editing. Damn Blizzard for making this change!

Or perhaps there is a way to trick the game into thinking you're in one location, while you're actually in another? Like with the old SecondWorld tricks when the game thought you were still at the graveyard. Perhaps something like this can still be achieved? Gives me something to ponder, anyhow. +4 rep, and thanks!
    Well, afaik, vehicles can't swim in water(not mounts, but vehicles). A video comes to mind: GM Island - Mists of Pandaria WoW - YouTube (Yes I know that this isn't GM Island) Watch 1:00-1:15 to get what I mean

Woona's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Indistinct View Post
    Then again, I found no way around the water surrounding the Throne of the Tides entrance.. hmm
    Just to quickly comment on this piece: you can swim all the way up -around- the abyssal maw (the place beneath the giant whirlpool in vashj'ir) but fatigue will kick in eventually. having strong selfhealing really helps for this purpose. You cannot, however, swim away from the area, as there is a big DC 'cilinder' all around the place.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kurnik View Post
    Well, afaik, vehicles can't swim in water(not mounts, but vehicles). A video comes to mind: GM Island - Mists of Pandaria WoW - YouTube (Yes I know that this isn't GM Island) Watch 1:00-1:15 to get what I mean
    Intriguing... I had forgotten about that property of vehicles. I had a similar glitch/effect once with the vehicle in the Goblin starting zone (start around 1:28 ):
    Kezan Exploration (Goblin Starting Zone) - WoW patch 4.1 - YouTube

But I mostly would be looking to actually swim through this water (not sink in it)... and most of the water I'd like to do this through would be in instances like Tol'Vir or scenarios like the Crypts of Forgotten Kings, where I'd be hard-pressed to find a vehicle. Still interesting points though, thank you again for that.

Strangletusk's Avatar World Explorer
    Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea for a thread!

Got a couple of questions in regards to the Goblin Glider for you guys:

1. Does using rocket boots then the glider increase the distance you travel, or does using the glider just override the rocket boots? I haven't needed such a jump as would require the extra distance as I do most of my explorations outside in the world, but I'd like to know for when I do occasionally venture out of instances.

2. What speed is the glider when travelling normally? For example, the Rocket Boots Xtreme give a 200% increase, does anyone know of the % of the glider? Every time I've used it it doesn't tell me in the character window - would be useful to know just how fast it is in comparison to other speed boosts.

Hopefully one of you can help me out here
    My exploration channel: The Strangletusk Expedition

Woona's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glider overrides any speed boosts/reductions that are applied on your character at that moment. This travelling speed is (if I'm correct) equal to if you'd jump with a slow-falled ground mount.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast