Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one Trokair, how long did you climb to reach that high in ramparts mountain?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Codescafter

Random Explorations
    WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hurricaanz View Post
    Nice one Trokair, how long did you climb to reach that high in ramparts mountain?
    I had the help of a friend, so it did not take as long as it should. I have not quite reached my goal in Ramparts (due to an untimely death during this climb)... but the next attempt will likely be one of my next YouTube videos... so stay tuned!

Hurricaanz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    I had the help of a friend, so it did not take as long as it should. I have not quite reached my goal in Ramparts (due to an untimely death during this climb)... but the next attempt will likely be one of my next YouTube videos... so stay tuned!
    Nice I managed to reach that exact same place solo. Tried to get to the floating island but its pretty much impossible :/

SoNET's Avatar Contributor Sha of Happiness CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so you don't get disappointed... You can't stand on the top, you'll just fall down. Trust me.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hurricaanz View Post
    Tried to get to the floating island but its pretty much impossible :/
    Nothing is impossible, my friend.

Originally Posted by SoNET View Post
    Just so you don't get disappointed... You can't stand on the top, you'll just fall down. Trust me.
    Oh I know... that is what caused the aforementioned untimely death! Hehe. By that point both of us had fallen and died and it was too late in the evening to make the climb again. The next climb (hopefully this weekend) I will know what spots to avoid standing, and I am certain that I will reach one of the floating rocks. Hopefully no one reads this and steals my thunder in the meantime!

Hurricaanz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I made the same mistake as you trokair, while trying to reach the tip of the mountain I accidently slipped.. + I had teleport on cooldown :/

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More from Hellfire...these were done solo.

yellow1's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Album here Wow explorations - Imgur doesn't have that much stuff in it yet though. I'm new to posting here, so hopefully I didn't screw up embedding images.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source :WoW 2003 alpha sandbox - Feenix - vanilla wow home

ANY idea where these got taken ? This should be wow alpha client but i've never seen these places before and i'm still exploring the alpha..
    "Facing worlds" WTF is this place ? Ever heard about it ? Looks like karazhan but not really
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random Explorations-ncom8-jpg  
    Last edited by Nyarly; 02-08-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy stuff, Nyarly. No idea here... but it looks like it may have been briefly mentioned on OwnedCore before:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ntresting.html (Intresting.)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing is impossible, my friend.

Oh I know... that is what caused the aforementioned untimely death! Hehe. By that point both of us had fallen and died and it was too late in the evening to make the climb again. The next climb (hopefully this weekend) I will know what spots to avoid standing, and I am certain that I will reach one of the floating rocks. Hopefully no one reads this and steals my thunder in the meantime!
    I was kind of cheating using warlock though, you can't fall at all since you have 2 ports as demo and it takes no skill to wallclimb with demonic leap. I can't reach top platform though.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, Yellow1! I looked at your album... please post all 15 of those pictures in this thread!! Those shots indicate an explorer that is clearly on our level. Congrats on reaching that rock!

Ok, I used the Wasp tonight so I could at least take a screenshot up there...

Last edited by WizardTrokair; 02-08-2013 at 10:19 PM.

akspa420's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this is alright. I've managed to patch the ptr maps into a private client, so I could see some of the unfinished maps that are currently not accessible. If this isn't ok, I'll remove the link -
    https://i.imgur.com/UKZkAE8.jpg
    This is the "[TEMP] Gold Rush" battleground, overhead view on a private server (check out the MoP sandbox thread for a rough set of instructions -- http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ml#post2667322 (Mists Of Pandaria [5.0.5] Repack [Sandbox]))

I have a bunch more screenshots of this unfinished battleground, as well as other currently inaccessible areas. I'll post them if this is ok for this thread.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, Yellow1! I looked at your album... please post all 15 of those pictures in this thread!! Those shots indicate an explorer that is clearly on our level. Congrats on reaching that rock!

I was going to post them all, but because my account here is new, so I can't have several images in one post and didn't want to make 15 separate posts, so I just decided to put the album up out of laziness. It would be a lot easier if I could record, but it tanks my fps, so I just take tons of screenshots.

I've been outside every dungeon and raid up to cataclysm so far, so I really should sort all my screenshots out on day. Still need to do halls of origination (Keep falling through the floor when trying halls for some reason, not sure if I just have bad luck with my portal placement, or if it isn't even solid), grim batol and I'd like to get on top of the giant floating rock in netherspace/karazhan, but it seems nearly impossible to reach that without some way to gain more altitude and then I'll move onto mop dungeons and scenarios. Pandaria seems to have more landmass outside the dungeons to explore so it should be more entertaining, I've only explored heart of fear, terrace of endless springs and mogu'shan vaults so far, but they've all been good.

Also random pic, this particular screenshot is from ptr, but that's only because my friend had no game time. It's possible on live as well, not sure if non warlocks could make it though, maybe some good positioning with sandbox tigers to get outside the dungeon walls is possible.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yellow1 View Post
    and I'd like to get on top of the giant floating rock in netherspace/karazhan, but it seems nearly impossible to reach that without some way to gain more altitude

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123456753103 ... LastLast