103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap

After seeing many posts about Demonic Leap as a Warlock, I decided I would test it out. All I have to say is it is probably the most powerful exploration method regarding climbing mountains as of patch 5.0.5. I have noticed that both Druid Wild Mushroom/Wild Charge and Warrior Heroic Leap are both fixed. In patch 5.0.5 Blizzard changed the way pathing works. You are no longer able to Heroic Leap or place a Wild Mushroom at heights. That being said, this is why I think Demonic Leap is the most powerful mountain climbing tool as of patch 5.0.5. Also, Demonic Leap it similar to Wall-jumping, only you are pushed forward a lot further. It is a perfect wall-jump however, you need to know your footing and you can latch onto any wall.

I saw this post (WoW WSG glitches 5.0.5 Demonic Leap) by 1lolol7 in the exploration subforum, and I decided that I would take it a bit further and see if I can explore with it. It just so happens that this could very well be the next wall-jumping method. Try it for yourself! You can latch onto any mountainside with the right footing. How it is done: jump in the air, and just before you hit the ground use Demonic Leap. This will shoot you in the air, then use Demonic Leap again at the top of your jump to get shot forward. This works because they made it so Demonic Leap can be cast twice. It can be cast twice when you touch the ground for some reason, thus is why you have to jump first in order for it to work. If you just use Demonic Leap, you will be shot upwards but you cannot use Demonic Leap again until you hit the ground. You are basically tricking the server into thinking you already hit the ground when you use it just before you hit the ground after jumping, and that's why you can cast it again while in mid air.

Follow the video for the way to uninstnaced Zul'Aman. There are a few parts in the video where I lost my direction and ended up going the wrong way. Just don't go those ways that I go, because you will run into invisible walls. The video is quite long as well, about 9 minutes and 30 seconds. Took me 2 hours to edit it and finalize the project, and took me about 45 minutes to upload on Youtube. I am hoping that it is viewable, the only 9:30 song I had was a mix of Daft Punk songs. If it is un-viewable let me know and I will audio swap it on Youtube with one of their crappy songs. The quality should improve with time... it was a 1080p video. And I apologize for the short annotations in the video. I made them longer than that in iMovie, but for some reason it went back down to 4 seconds per annotation. So annoying, I need to find another video editor!

-Teryaki
    Last edited by Teryaki; 09-17-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap
    Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So.. much.. TEXT!
    I will read it all though because you sir, are awesome!
    +rep!

edit: you are a warlock, and Trokair is looking for a warlock to help him out with some exploration in deadmines on the US servers, send him a PM if u wanna help him

edit2: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Teryaki2 again."
    I'll be back!
    Last edited by Dante; 09-17-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Haha yeah, I'm still in "article writing mode" right now.
    Teryaki#1806

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely wonderful. I am so glad that Blizzard breaks something every time they fix something else. I loved seeing 1lolol7's thread bringing us this glitch, and I love seeing what you've done with it here. I forget that un-instanced Zul'Aman is now a difficult thing to reach, with the no flying. I'll have to find my own special way there very soon... something for me to look forward to!

Another note on Zul'Aman being a no-flight zone... it brings us back to where we started and gives us an old-school feeling. When I saw "Keep swimming this way for about 7 minutes..." I smiled. That is something you would read in an exploration video five years ago... right?? Let Blizzard push us backwards... it only pushes us forward.

Great video... thanks for sharing!! "I must spread my reputation before giving to Teryaki2 again."

I just added that quote to my OC signature, hehe.

Strangletusk's Avatar World Explorer
    Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Teryaki2 View Post
    I made them longer than that in iMovie, but for some reason it went back down to 4 seconds per annotation. So annoying, I need to find another video editor!
    I'm surprised you're having trouble with it man, iMovie is pretty straight-forward once you're used to it. I find it great for making my videos, just practice a bit more with it before you invest in looking for another program. Best advice I can give is just to always proof-watch as you go along to make sure things are working out and looking how you want it to then you can go back and re-edit if you see something's wrong. Stick in - you'll only get better with practice after all

Anyways, OT: This is a really nice video of the Demonic Leap skill for exploring! You've given me many ideas for places...if only I had a warlock! I haven't even started levelling one haha. Of course, uninstanced ZA is a place we've seen many times before, but as Trok says, it's much harder to reach than before so this is a welcome easier method for warlock explorers out there!

+Rep when I can!

P.S. You can edit out your mistakes where appropriate and slow or speed parts up very slightly (if it's like 110% speed it's barely noticeable as sped up) to make your music fit if you're struggling. Oh and if it's a longer video like this, then you can always just have two or more songs that make up the time - you can edit parts out or in to make the length right if needed.

P.P.S. As for worrying about having to use Audioswap music...my tactic has always been to have a short-list of songs of the right length then to see what live versions there are on youtube that fit the time/tone of the video, then just edit around that. 9/10 times there's not a problem with copyright this way
    My exploration channel: The Strangletusk Expedition

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks for the tips. Yeah, I just have to find the right settings for iMovie. I like iMovie, which is why I prefer recording on my Mac side, and not my Bootcamp side. Most of the time it is fine, but for some reason the annotations didn't come out right. Pretty sure I made them like 10-20 seconds each so you could at least read what I am saying.

Oh and I have been trying to figure out how to not have it cut off parts of the top and bottom. As you see my whole action bar is cut off, as well as part of my character portrait and map. Dunno if it's just a quick setting in iMovie I have to change when importing or what.

-Teryaki
    Teryaki#1806

xPlacebox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! I have a Warlock main myself and use this all the time. +rep if I can

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Strangletusk View Post
    P.S. You can edit out your mistakes where appropriate and slow or speed parts up very slightly (if it's like 110% speed it's barely noticeable as sped up) to make your music fit if you're struggling.
    What a wicked feature! I need to upgrade my software at some point to be able to do stuff like that. I'm only picking music and matching up a few key points... I would love to be able to speed up a certain clip 110% to fit to the music...

WonderousKeys's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey saw the post and did it myself, pretty awesome I must say! I felt like putting in some screenshots of the great scenery

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap-wowscrnshot_111112_150306-jpg

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap-wowscrnshot_111112_150228-jpg

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap-wowscrnshot_111112_150105-jpg

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap-wowscrnshot_111112_145910-jpg

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap-wowscrnshot_111112_145718-jpg

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap-wowscrnshot_111112_145635-jpg

[5.0.5] Uninstanced Zul'aman Via Demonic Leap-wowscrnshot_111112_145555-jpg

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, this is an old post! Glad you found it interesting and visited it yourself. I like this area too, a lot more than the instanced Zul'Aman because of all the unfinished terrain and other little doodads within Zul'aman.

-Teryaki
    Teryaki#1806

Garalon's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job mate!

Psypher93's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GJ. i also found out multiple ways out as warlock inside zul'aman, but its nothing interesting out there as far i know and i think there are multiple videos how to get out from the instance itself :/

rabber's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice watch! +1 rep seems all I can give at this point

I've been using this method lots as well and I'm really enjoying it. If only my cpu was strong enough to record my game...

Pro tip, pair you leap up with this item and you'll be able to jump 4-5 times higher: Bottled Tornado - Item - World of Warcraft