15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, interesting thread !

This is present since Cataclysm Alpha. Here's a screenshot of the zone I just took with my Alpha-Compatible Noggit : http://puu.sh/iZ60
    If you want to go there, you need to enable what is called on this forum "Offline mode". Also, the camera effect will prevent you from seeing the orb closely
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried on Skyfire Emu 4.0.6
    Screenshots : imgur: the simple image sharer
    First and fourth screenshots shows the deathline (if you go deeper, you'll die from it)
    Third screenshots shows the location.

It doesn't open and it doesn't whisper anything so you can't trust private servers for this.

Screenshots from the alpha ingame (sandbox) : imgur: the simple image sharer

Toddler's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, thanks for checkin this. Its sad that the box didnt work correctly in Privateserver. Btw, just as a tip, the guy who commented on wowhead. If you look at his screenshots he somehow, had his box being activated right as he took the screenshot. He also have the bones of transformation in the skillbar. I wish there was some way of contacting this guy but he havent been online since he made the post. Nyarly have you heard anything from GM yet?

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ! I have a screenshot and i'm going to translate it. I'm crazyingly excited now.
    I'll edit this post but for me, it's clear that he confirmed the box can be opened and he gave an hint !

Edit :
    The question i asked was "I don't want to know where i can open it, i just want to know IF i can open it". Knowing that they would never ever tell about the location i thought it was the best way to obtain an answer.
    Screenshot of the chat (in french) : https://i.imgur.com/OB0e3.jpg

Translation :

GM - Greetings Nyarly, would you have a moment to discuss about your question ?
    Me - Good morning, yes of course !
    GM - It depends on your tin-opener. // (the tool to open boxes)
    Me - Gratz for keeping your job btw
    Me - Hmm, let say i have a vrykul one ornated with saronite, would it work?
    GM - I don't know, the last one we suspected having opened the box answered to questions with "Gharghlhl' or something like that.
    Me - Oh, i don't know if it was intended or a mistake but this would tend to mean that it was opened before and that it can still be opened.
    Me - If it's the case, i'm going to search this murloc!
    Me - Or is it the sound of a orc in agony ?
    GM - It's just a suspicion, truth is like the ideal partner.
    GM - Elsewhere.
    Me - Oh i can recognize you scully ! // It was clearly a reference to X-Files
    Me - Well if it's my answer i'm glad i heard it
    GM - The only thing i can do for you is wishing you good luck in your investigations and to run really really far when you'll try to open it.
    Me - It won't go unheard
    Me - Thanks a lot sir !
    Then he asks if everything else is good and we say eachother good day.

"Run really really far when you'll try to open it"
    This can't be something he would say randomly !
    In my opinion it means that :
    1) YES, it can be opened (OMGOMGOMGOMG)
    2) Might be the spot in vashj'ir. Atleast it's somewhere well hidden.

What do you think?
    Oh and btw i was wrong, i don't have it and i didn't find it. I'm diggering since this morning with no results so i can't try now..
    Last edited by Nyarly; 03-01-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Earthcel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post
    You're speaking about the deathline, i warned you about this on my pm ;p
    Just don't go too deep (or rez below it ?).
    As for the spirit on lvl 1 it's for health regen so he will be able to overcome fatigue damage. However i don't think you can send a lvl 1 in vashj'ir after some thoughts.
    It's not seperatly instanced, so it would be weird if you cant. Should be easy enough to either summon there, or if that dont work use a 2person flying mount to get there.

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ! I have a screenshot and i'm going to translate it. I'm crazyingly excited now.
    I'll edit this post but for me, it's clear that he confirmed the box can be opened and he gave an hint !
    You are just f'ckin amazing o.o

Im just as excited as you are x.x Irl stunned

Btw, just to make this even better, ill be contacting the GMs again, sayin just the same as you said Nyarly. It's funny how its so individual to GMs wether they tell this stuff or not But just for fun ill be sendin them the exactly same question as you sent and see what i get as an answer. I don't wanna take your glory away from you by doing this, i just wanna see if they can leak anything more! Even though i would consider the above to be enough to confirm it.
    Last edited by Toddler; 03-01-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Earthcel View Post
    It's not seperatly instanced, so it would be weird if you cant. Should be easy enough to either summon there, or if that dont work use a 2person flying mount to get there.
    This is very true, it has always been used to get around those places for example, a couple of month ago i took my friend by my rocket mount who was lv23 to fish in Northrend =) His fishin skill was too low ^^

yellowspark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started to level Archeology so i get this,very intresting and there was like 1000 thoughts what will happen when someone opens it example:Yogg-saron will come out LOL!,port you into his brain,etc

newmind01's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This tread is very interesting!! Having a priest going first in the "fatigue zone" and to life grip you from the max range he can get in there would give you a head start on the fatigue bar .

Ps: Very curious to see the french version of the GM chat. French can be very "subtile" sometime.
    Sorry if life grip is not possible, still new to exploration .

Reirae's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is relevant to my interests

My only worry is that it cannot be opened and that these GMs have a cruel sense of humour. I hope it can be opened, how cool would that be? It's like the last mystery of Cata!

I've got the puzzle box on my warlock so I'm going to try to get to this area and soulstone myself. I think I'll open a ticket as well just to see what the GM says. Usually I'm quite lucky with GMs.

jjshadoe's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it can be opened, the results would have been datamined and the info would be out there. I think the GM was just being clever and coy since they aren't supposed to say anything definitive about this kind of stuff.

Edited to add: I would LOVE it if I were wrong, and I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from delving deeper into this, but my sense of logic is conquering my sense of curiosity on this one.
    Last edited by jjshadoe; 03-01-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Reirae's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you just get another puzzle box from it :P

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't cast anything with this so you won't be able to open the box unfortunatly. I thought there was other methods but i can't find the third thread about this (i think there was one with another method).
    If there a way for otherworld in 4.3.3 then you could use it too as it removes fatigue iirc. But again might not be able to use the item.
    What about the "Barber Chair" method? Has that been fixed?

I haven't done it since the RAoV ban-wave that resulted when it was first discovered... but that exploit allowed you to get anywhere in the bugged state, and then when you logged out and logged back in you would appear in that location...

Barber chair exploit.... go to spot... log out... log in... use box before fatigue kills you... profit?

I don't have the Box, but perhaps I'll start working on it...

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    What about the "Barber Chair" method? Has that been fixed?

I haven't done it since the RAoV ban-wave that resulted when it was first discovered... but that exploit allowed you to get anywhere in the bugged state, and then when you logged out and logged back in you would appear in that location...

Barber chair exploit.... go to spot... log out... log in... use box before fatigue kills you... profit?

I don't have the Box, but perhaps I'll start working on it...
    Thanks, will try this Is it bannable? nvm.. ban or not as long as i get my box open xD Ty Wiz ^^

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, this is pretty exciting thread...

but to be honest, I simply don't believe that with all that datamining going on all the time, something like this could remain hidden.. when you consider the amount of people playing the game and the amount of people knowing the answer to our question, it really seems impossible that NOBODY would leak it...

also, I will try to ask some GM few questions.. not sure when tho, 'cause that means I would have to stop botting for a while and that's not gonna happen till monday.
    Last edited by eSko; 03-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast