Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great Vaeevictiss... but I will not be updating this thread with Beta information. Too much changes between Beta and Live releases to count on the info staying current.
    Good to know for the future though, and if any of this goes Live it will be added to the tutorial. Thanks!
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 04-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.

[Project]  Exploration Tutorial for WoW
    MrHanky's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an information as mage!
    Is possible blink thrugh all portal, or just some?

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ It only works with some portals, MrHanky. For example, the Scarlet Monastery portals can all be blinked through, while the Scholomance one cannot.
    You really just need to test and see which ones work.

Also please keep in mind that when you cannot blink through a portal, sometimes you can DC as you run into it, and then log on and walk right past it.
    Again, this depends on the portal. For example, the Zul'Farrak portal can be DC'ed through, while the Scholomance one has an invisible wall behind the portal.

Happy exploring.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    ^^^ It only works with some portals, MrHanky. For example, the Scarlet Monastery portals can all be blinked through, while the Scholomance one cannot.
    You really just need to test and see which ones work.

Also please keep in mind that when you cannot blink through a portal, sometimes you can DC as you run into it, and then log on and walk right past it.
    Again, this depends on the portal. For example, the Zul'Farrak portal can be DC'ed through, while the Scholomance one has an invisible wall behind the portal.

Happy exploring.
    Thanks for the info!
    I'm just trying to DC-Blink through some portals, like the RFC one have an invisible wall behind, but i'm trying to explore another istance so if i don't find another topic about the istance i'm trying to explore i will open i new one!

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, a lot of them have that pesky invisible wall behind the portal, like RFC. There was a recent video showing that the Aromatic Honey brew can be used to pass those particular invisible walls. We really need another way to do it... let me know if you find one!

What instance are you trying to explore?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've find an alternative way to explore the old suken temple but i've find a topic about it in this section (Old Suken Temple (Old Sunken Temple)).
    The old method was fixed but with DC-Blink u can ez pass the portal and relog back in the old entrance of the istance, but is not a big exploration. ^^

Now i'm gonna try explore some Wotlk dungeon, hope i'll be lucky!

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing that link, MrHanky... I missed the thread the first time around and just bumped it. I hope no one minds.

Good luck with the WotLK dungeons! Report back and let us know what you find.

Devanh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should add this bug (Movementspeed bug 200% while running) to the speed increase section, seeing as it will increase your speed much more than anything else listed there.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call, Devanh. I will update the project with that glitch soon (as long as it is still working).

I just updated it with the recent Darkmoon Tiger glitch. I should probably also add the Control FP glitch to this list.

Anything else people want to see listed here? (and why and when did we lose sticky status on this thread?)

Strangletusk's Avatar World Explorer
    Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything else people want to see listed here? (and why and when did we lose sticky status on this thread?)
    I agree Trok - this should ALWAYS be stickied, it's such a useful resource you've made here

I have a few suggestions for the guide:

X-52 Rocket Helmet - shoots you high into the air in flyable zones, as long as you're outdoors - useful if you're not able to fly in the area yet and want to reach objects above you (eg, in my Stormstout Brewery exploration vid before we could get to 90), but also very useful if you fall under the world while exploring and want to correct it (eg, use it very soon after falling and you'll be shot up back up into the world, saving yourself from dying). In the same way it can be used to escape from places under the world where you can't fly out from, as long as they're close enough to the surface - can be used in conjuction with rocket boots + slow fall too to achieve the same effect. Could also be used to stop horizontal movement if you're falling under the world towards a goal (say a cave, which dismounts you if you're above it) and want some nice infinite vertical slow fall to land in the area.

More a convenience item to be honest, but it has it's uses.

Also, as far as I'm aware, the Rocket Boots Xtreme (and Xtreme Lite) have a small chance to 'fail', resulting in the user being shot up into the air in a similar way to the Rocket Helmet, but with no automatic slow fall on the way down. Combine that with dcing at the top, relogging, move forwards and slow fall and many high up places can be reached. This seems to work anywhere, including instances and indoors, which is why it can be so useful...but it only has a small chance of happening, and the cd on the boots is 5 minutes - so you might end up waiting a while!

Could also be used in combination with a Goblin's Rocket Jump + parachute trick, eliminating the need for dcing and allowing further away places to be reached (if you're a Goblin that is).

Dellion used this method in his Unknown Side of the World project to get out of Halls of Stone:

Finally, the Headdress of the First Shaman allows you use a non-chainable far-sight in instances and indoors, which, with some careful thought as to where to use this 1 far-sight, can be useful for seeing hard-to-reach places in these places - where Eagle Eye and Far Sight aren't useable.

Hope these are of some use!
    Last edited by Strangletusk; 08-02-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Extra Info
    My exploration channel: The Strangletusk Expedition

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great suggestions ST... I'll look over them and get them added. Can't beleive I forgot the helmet. I've seen you use that one before.

FYI, it is actually the Nitro Boost enchant for the Belt slot that sometimes fails, IIRC. Only has happened to me once (!) the entire time I've used the belt enchant... but still useful.

Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great suggestions ST... I'll look over them and get them added. Can't beleive I forgot the helmet. I've seen you use that one before.

FYI, it is actually the Nitro Boost enchant for the Belt slot that sometimes fails, IIRC. Only has happened to me once (!) the entire time I've used the belt enchant... but still useful.
    Ah my bad! I assumed since most people use the Xtreme for exploring that it was that which had the 'fail' use. I stand corrected

EDIT: Just searched up on it again - it appears that Blizz changed the fail effect so that it no longer shoots you up into the air last June or so. I had some nice ideas of where to use that too
    Last edited by Strangletusk; 08-02-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Elektropop's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are actually wrong. The Nitro boost does actually backfire and shoot you up into the air, however, since 4.2? That only happens outside instances and BGs. Instanced it does some damage to you.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Strangletusk View Post
    EDIT: Just searched up on it again - it appears that Blizz changed the fail effect so that it no longer shoots you up into the air last June or so. I had some nice ideas of where to use that too
    Can't be true that it was fixed last June... it happened to me just the other day. First and only time ever... but it was only like 10 days ago. Definitely need more research on this, it is a great tool.

(I think I first saw it used by Jaburius to get out of one of the Utgarde instances. Not that it has to do with this conversation, just wanted to give credit in case he reads this )

Originally Posted by Elektropop View Post
    The Nitro boost does actually backfire and shoot you up into the air, however, since 4.2? That only happens outside instances and BGs. Instanced it does some damage to you.
    Aah... this makes sense now... come to think of it, I wasn't in an instance when it happened, I was running toward one. Mystery solved... this now only works in instances. Explains why it barely ever happens to me... I'm usually exploring in instances.
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 08-02-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: to reply to Elektropop

Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Elektropop View Post
    You are actually wrong. The Nitro boost does actually backfire and shoot you up into the air, however, since 4.2? That only happens outside instances and BGs. Instanced it does some damage to you.
    Ahh right, thanks for the clarification!

Strange though...I checked wowpedia for this (since wowhead is down atm) to get some info and it's patch changes section was like this:
    "Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28 ): No longer launches players up into the air, now gives a debuff that deals damage equal to 120% of the player's max health over 8 seconds."

Either it was changed back when they hotfixed the damage to 80%, but to exclude instances, or they forgot to add 'in instances', or it was just wrong...I dunno.

Well, at least we know what it does now anyway

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast