0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eradik View Post
    wow.......... makes me crazy for whats coming up in the next few content patches

How can we get to the castle lol? the one with the ethreal spires?
    These are all just parts of the developmental map found within the MPQ files.

Edit: Meaning you can't get there. Not sure how in the world he got access to these files :]

[Preview] Development
    Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how in the world he got access to these files :]
    This. I don't think the files can be found by using normal methods, at least my tries were completely useless.

BaddyMcBad's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious if anyone else enjoys finding things like this more than playing the game itself sometimes. I know I do, especially after seeing the actual maps put together in the first post.

Looking forward to your next update :]]

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    Curious if anyone else enjoys finding things like this more than playing the game itself sometimes.
    I bet a lot of explorers from this forum do.

I know that I struggle with it. My guild wants me to gear up, and I'm doing my best (iLV 343 so far)... but I'd MUCH rather be glitching through walls than running heroics right now.

The worst is when the bug hits me while IN a heroic... I've been known to fall behind the group and try to grow through a wall or two when they're not looking... taking mental notes on where to come back to once they port out of the dungeon, etc.

"I'd rather be exploring" should be a bumper sticker on the back of my mount.

PS - Still amazed at this exploration. I'd give the OP more rep if I could!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Grue View Post
    PS - Still amazed at this exploration. I'd give the OP more rep if I could!
    Same here lol. And the exploration bug hit me in Azjol'Nerub once, I went under the instance and was in a dungeon queue, the entire group got ported down there rofl.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize you're probably really busy but any chance of an update?

MoD's Avatar Miscellaneous Options Dev

Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

Delayed as I messed up my windows partition, there's no data lost but as I don't have the time to try to get WoW running with Debian, I'll have to rebuild one.

Zomgnazjatar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is amazing man

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MoD View Post
    Delayed as I messed up my windows partition, there's no data lost but as I don't have the time to try to get WoW running with Debian, I'll have to rebuild one.

Sucks to hear, hope you get it working again asap .

Ghorana's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This, at least for now, belongs to exploration as it is definitely one of the most impressive developer map finds/previews we have seen this far.
    This is something completely new and - as I believe - the first time these maps have ever been visited/seen by non zone-designers.
    I don't think he was the first, or he's the same person as this young fellow here. But they certainly are perhaps the only two in the world who managed to get their hands on these development maps that were available for a very small period of time on the PTR before the end of WotLK, I believe. First screenies are from 14th of october.

He got there using model editing.

Le bourlinguage de Saouline / Aléquia - Page 18
    Le bourlinguage de Saouline / Aléquia - Page 19
    Le bourlinguage de Saouline / Aléquia - Page 21

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Clarification: this is a french explorer's forum. He's possibly the second best explorer on the forum, I reckon.

spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the best explorer on this forum is Zhao, the one who made the movie Point of View.

(I'm a member of the RidPEF too ^^)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ghorana View Post
    I don't think he was the first, or he's the same person as this young fellow here. But they certainly are perhaps the only two in the world who managed to get their hands on these development maps that were available for a very small period of time on the PTR before the end of WotLK, I believe. First screenies are from 14th of october.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Clarification: this is a french explorer's forum. He's possibly the second best explorer on the forum, I reckon.
    God I wish so hard that I could have gotten those files. This is better than WoW to me.

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit confused by the other forum right now, but it explains some things t me like the creation date of those files being in October while getting to me in January and it also explains the build number found in the files themselves. Thanks for pointing that thing out. Seems like these files are not as private as I thought in the first place.

MoD's Avatar Miscellaneous Options Dev

Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ghorana View Post

No, eventhough I'm a French F***** F***** too, we are two different persons.

I'm not willing to play the "who was first" game here, but if you really care, here is a WDT preview of the maps I uploaded to my free image hosting site the 14-Sep-2010 22:45 to tease Marla & Bibi on IRC (and no, i'm all but up to hacking an Apache server to fake an upload timestamp.)

I was simply back then not willing to make anything public.

As for "who the best explorer" supposedly is, I again find this kind of concerns pretty pointless as there used to be / still are lots of devoted explorers out there, a true explorer's talent is hardly mesureable by usual means as it's only a matter of faith / dedication, imagination, knowledge & experience putten into it (which you can apply to moding too), and I feel confortable telling you the first & most talented ones did it way before / out of the public eyeview.

Not everyone enjoys making showoff YT videos for all & being the center of attention like some of you actually do, and more likely only share to trustworthy persons or even keep for themselves. I'll take myself as an example as i'm a rather secretive guy.
    I've been lurking around the game since EU public beta, enjoying the content but inevitably attracted by the files themselves as moding was already one of my main concerns @ other games (among others, Diablo II / Carmageddon2 <3 / Sacrifice <-- featuring Scapex editor, aka Noggit rev: -127^^)
    I back then met a group of smart talented indididuals
    (Nogg-aholic) who shared the same interests and views (keep the most catchy stuff under the coat to prevent exploiter kids from ruining the game) But as BC came out, I almost sold my account due to the lack of new exploration content as I had already explored every possible placeholder (including early/removed content), and also as I felt responsible of a very specific MEing nerf by Blizzard, and was not attracted by the direction the game took back then at all.
    Still modding is what prevented me from cancelling my account as it allows, among other wonders, unusual explorations. All that to say that after all those years, eventhough I may have acquired more knowledge & praticed longer than most of you, I don't feel like someone special in any way, I'm just, as I like to call it, an "Explorer of the Deep" (somehow paying {too much} attention to small details) that tries to revive his own (and now yours) exploration fibber with those maps, just like it did for me back then when I got the Kalidar files to work, reason why I posted them.
    This is another one of these (few) exceptional cases, as I usually DON'T release any screens/videos/mods to public,
    but as those development maps look really attractive to anyone and are not the result of my own work, sharing the enjoyement with other explorers was the next logical step to be taken.

Hope you get my point.

So no, i'm not the best explorer out there, just a dedicated person among others, and if you ask me who the one I liked the most, i'd say Geek33, back in the good old ways, for creative & curious implementions & ways of reaching places.

Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    God I wish so hard that I could have gotten those files. This is better than WoW to me.
    I'm rebuilding my windows partition while typing this wall of text, I will release the ADTs tonight or tomorrow. Nothing you can't wait for!

Omgwtfowned's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo MoD I am really glad for what you are doing. I have always wanted to explore these places.Take your time on releasing this stuff. But I hope it comes out soon

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast