75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[In Progress] Mage pet w/ hunter specs

Realized we can basically post whatever these days, whether its incomplete, working, or like an advertisement or something.

Here's an incomplete glitch from a few patches ago that I didn't post, idk if it's been fixed or not but I'm posting to let yall know it was possible.

Not every pet got his spe******ation ( water elemental, warlock pets, possibly more ... )
    But you can set it and receive bonus hunter skills for the pet! You can make your water elemental charge/dash/heart of the phoenix etc! The passives like 50% dmg increase work too! Imagine a mage with bonus interrupt+stun with charge! Yeah you can have it!
    You can see the command necessary for it on the image. The available options are
    /run SetSpecialization(1,1) #Ferocity
    /run SetSpecialization(2,1) #Tenacity
    /run SetSpecialization(3,1) #Cunning

Looks like the macro just sets your own talent spec these days, someone adapt this to the current day API and it'll probably work as I don't think this one ever went public.

// If I get in trouble for this imma laugh my ass off

edit: here's the /fstack for choosing hunter pet spec PlayerTalentFramePetSpecializationSpecButton1
    Last edited by Strath; 09-14-2021 at 07:13 PM.

[In Progress] Mage pet w/ hunter specs
  2. Thanks WoWSecretsYT, Neer, Kenneth, Yavanna (4 members gave Thanks to Strath for this useful post)
    WoWSecretsYT's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    14/71
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Strath2121 View Post
    Realized we can basically post whatever these days, whether its like an advertisement or something.
    Idk if this is a shot at me (with my youtube channel links). But great post regardless! There's some weird interactions you can do with this still even if not further exploitable (at least to my API knowledge). Wish you had shared this "incomplete" exploit sooner so we could've had the chance to abuse / expand upon it.

Strath's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WoWSecretsYT View Post
    Idk if this is a shot at me (with my youtube channel links). But great post regardless! There's some weird interactions you can do with this still even if not further exploitable (at least to my API knowledge). Wish you had shared this "incomplete" exploit sooner so we could've had the chance to abuse / expand upon it.
    It was not a shot at you it was a shot at the mods pretty much, I see people post dumb crap or questions all the time in this section and it never gets deleted, when I started on this site you could get suspended for posting incomplete glitches, and I actually got an infraction for it a few times. I've always said that we should allow incomplete glitches to be posted so we can share information and possibly give people ideas on new glitches.

5. Thanks Neer, xxsamxx86 (2 members gave Thanks to Strath for this useful post)
    advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Strath2121 View Post
    It was not a shot at you it was a shot at the mods pretty much, I see people post dumb crap or questions all the time in this section and it never gets deleted, when I started on this site you could get suspended for posting incomplete glitches, and I actually got an infraction for it a few times. I've always said that we should allow incomplete glitches to be posted so we can share information and possibly give people ideas on new glitches.
    To be fair to the mods wow has been going through an extremely bad period and I can see why they would use a lighter touch with any one posting anything.

I actually love this type of thing. I always thought a theory page to discuss development of ideas would be a good idea.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Thanks G/R
    75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    To be fair to the mods wow has been going through an extremely bad period and I can see why they would use a lighter touch with any one posting anything.

I actually love this type of thing. I always thought a theory page to discuss development of ideas would be a good idea.
    I mean even spam goes unmoderated a lot of the times. But the main point of this is that I too think we should have a development section. I don't glitch that much anymore but I've found plenty of stuff that I used to develop into useful glitches.

Huntermoose's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SetSpecialization was changed to no longer take in any values past the first one. It is still the up to date command for changing specs.
    Also the SpecIDs for Ferocity, Tenacity, Cunning are no longer 1,2,3 as they recreated them to permanently put them on pets.

Interestingly enough some of these api commands give you insight into what would be possible if some of these commands did take values they shouldn't.
    According to the command that checks what specs your character can be, paladins are supposedly able to be Balance or Feral, but not Resto or Guardian.

Unless there are some locked commands or a way to trigger fake events that the server recognizes, I can't think of a way to make any of this work, and I have a pretty solid idea of how the API works in this area.
    For instance, did you know specless classes have choosable talents? Not many and they all suck, but they're there.

9. Thanks Strath (1 members gave Thanks to Huntermoose for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Huntermoose View Post
    SetSpecialization was changed to no longer take in any values past the first one. It is still the up to date command for changing specs.
    Also the SpecIDs for Ferocity, Tenacity, Cunning are no longer 1,2,3 as they recreated them to permanently put them on pets.

Interestingly enough some of these api commands give you insight into what would be possible if some of these commands did take values they shouldn't.
    According to the command that checks what specs your character can be, paladins are supposedly able to be Balance or Feral, but not Resto or Guardian.

Unless there are some locked commands or a way to trigger fake events that the server recognizes, I can't think of a way to make any of this work, and I have a pretty solid idea of how the API works in this area.
    For instance, did you know specless classes have choosable talents? Not many and they all suck, but they're there.
    I did not know that, does it default to a certain spec's options or is it a mix? I'm curious.

ashelybrown's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set Specialization was changed to no longer take in any values past the first one. It is still the up to date command for changing specs.

Unless there are some locked commands or a way to trigger fake events that the server recognizes.
    I can't think of a way to make any of this work, and I have a pretty solid idea of how the API works in this area.

GAMETABLES4LESS, LLC

Thanks G/R
    75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ashelybrown View Post
    Set Specialization was changed to no longer take in any values past the first one. It is still the up to date command for changing specs.

Unless there are some locked commands or a way to trigger fake events that the server recognizes.
    I can't think of a way to make any of this work, and I have a pretty solid idea of how the API works in this area.

GAMETABLES4LESS, LLC
    How do you see those talents? And this stuff was from a long time ago, but if I remember correctly I think I was able to activate a different classes talent spec. I remember I didn't post this back then because I thought it had huge potential, but I forgot about it along the way I suppose.