243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    the concept of using patreon instead of just posting to OC like everyone else is still pretty crappy, and i have nothing further to say on the matter at this time.
    While this discussion is off-topic, let's discuss.

The first, most important fact, is that Blizzard have eyes on Ownedcore, and the donator sections, including elite exploits. In the same way, they also have eyes on Archvaldor's patreon. Regardless of where content is posted, if it's not properly gated, Blizzard will see it and fix it if required. Anyone who thinks that anything posted to Ownedcore (or a cheap patreon), that isn't posted to at least the Contributor section, remains "private" is sorely mistaken.

In cases where content has been properly gated, for example the original RAoV Contributor section (for anyone who doesn't remember it, you couldn't buy your way in and needed to submit a pretty broken exploit to get in), Blizzard have taken legal action; they have tried to take action against Archvaldor in the past.

Secondly, Ownedcore and Patreon are completely different entities, and AFAIK it's Archvaldor's effective "job" is to find and publicize exploits for money; this is similiar to how RAoV used to identify and then privately sell Gold / Item Dupes, along with server crashes. Ofc this all stopped after the Blizzard incident, however, people really disliked RAoV at the time for running these exploits and not sharing them, but they were ours to run and we didn't "owe" anybody. Why does Archvaldor? It also came out, that in the case of the Crystal Exploit ([Game Breaking] Kill Any Mythic Boss in 20 Seconds), that RAoV weren't the only people who knew about it, and it was an extremely busted exploit. Why is it not possible that more person can identify and post any given exploit?

Regardless of opinions on patreon, if Archvaldor relies on it as primary income I don't, personally, think he'd risk his reputation to take some low-tier skinning / hyperspawn exploits from OC. On a side note, it is a permanent game of cat and mouse, and Blizzard will just shut him down like they did with RAoV and EWT if/when they find him.
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 03-10-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

1 Mil exp/hr 50-60
    badpope's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/24
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt RAoV do a lot of model editing back in the day? I'm sure they are the reason i got to go to original hellfire in the south seas on live servers. if it wasnt someone in RAoV it was some russian guy that also created their own zones inside existing instances using model editing. And they gave us instanced alpha zones back then as well.

3. Thanks bezerker08 (1 members gave Thanks to badpope for this useful post)
    [TRG]Semi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/47
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Well since im not going to pay you for patreon access, the only people who have access there are your supporters
    You're an exploiter too right? Just exploit patreon, big brain you don't need to pay for patreon access.

It bills you on a certain day of the month, sign up for the patreon, check what you need to check, and then cancel it before it bills you lmao.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    337/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [TRG]Semi View Post
    You're an exploiter too right? Just exploit patreon, big brain you don't need to pay for patreon access.

It bills you on a certain day of the month, sign up for the patreon, check what you need to check, and then cancel it before it bills you lmao.
    Cancelling it doesn't stop the billing process, patreon will charge you retroactively.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Thanks G/R
    3/47
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Cancelling it doesn't stop the billing process, patreon will charge you retroactively.
    Use a prepaid card, use or withdraw the money before it charges you. /shrug

Of course, I don't do this, (used to subscribe, but had no reason to stay subscribed since I find my own) but some people would do stuff like this lmao

Thanks G/R
    337/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [TRG]Semi View Post
    Use a prepaid card, use or withdraw the money before it charges you. /shrug

Of course, I don't do this, (used to subscribe, but had no reason to stay subscribed since I find my own) but some people would do stuff like this lmao
    That's like ordering groceries and making a chargeback, it is petty fraud and it has consequences. You might be able to shuffle ID's for a while if you are tech savvy but you'd effectively be working for a few dollars an hour in the money you'd save. Plus you'd be doing a lot of potential damage to your financial standing and your ability to access a number of essential online services.
    Last edited by advanta; 03-10-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks G/R
    3/47
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    That's like ordering groceries and making a chargeback, it is petty fraud and it has consequences.
    Yeah I knew a dude in real life who did this with those parking lots you pay with card... Don't know what happened to him because he moved out of state. :thonk:

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by badpope View Post
    didnt RAoV do a lot of model editing back in the day? I'm sure they are the reason i got to go to original hellfire in the south seas on live servers. if it wasnt someone in RAoV it was some russian guy that also created their own zones inside existing instances using model editing. And they gave us instanced alpha zones back then as well.
    We didn't do any model editing iirc, maybe you're thinking of MaruluExploits or Reznik?

badpope's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/24
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    We didn't do any model editing iirc, maybe you're thinking of MaruluExploits or Reznik?
    mybad bro. It was Reznik. I went through a massive exploration phase in wow.

11. Thanks bezerker08 (1 members gave Thanks to badpope for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    337/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reznik still producing amazing content:

Reznik Shaman - YouTube

13. Thanks Hazzbazzy, ReznikShaman (2 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think we all did

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345