Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ->> Updated 27 October <<-

So there was hotfixes which have resulted in nerfing dungeon boost leveling

Whats changed also is that the exp system in dungeons now works the same way it does in Classic which means the more people you are up to 5 the more exp you get.
    This means if you are only 2 people (a lvl 50 booster and a low level) its actually better to go into Freehold by using the LFG Finder and also boost 3 more people at the same time.
    For all other dungeons except BFA dungeons, You can also do it by enabling Party sync together with a lvl 50 and then queue to the LFG Finder for any dungeon that is not a BFA dungeon

The amount of exp lower is about half what it earlier compared to what it is now if you are 5 in the group. (maybe 10min per level is doable in freehold)
    If you are only 2 people alone in a dungeon now (a 50 booster and a low level) its nerfed even more (maybe 15-20min per level is doable in freehold)

If you have an insane OP Booster you can probably do it faster than my estimates

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated 18 October

Hey everyone so pre patch is here and I managed to test how things worked out on live

Freehold boosting works all you need to do is to get your alt there which you can do by using the summoning stone.
    Low level must be at least level 10
    I dont know what the ultimate booster class is but using a well geared 50 tank is solid af
    You need to be geared as a level 50 to make this work

>>>>> READ THIS <<<<
    ANOTHER THING IVE NOTICED is that the method described down in my other post in this thread DOES NOT WORK.
    HOWEVER, Party Sync does not scale down a 50 booster the way it did on Beta and the dungeon instead scales up to you which means you can treat every instances there is from level 45 and down the same as Freehold is if you have party sync activated

You will not one shot mobs this way as you did on Beta which means you will need to be geared as level 50.

This means there are now 2 ways to boost with a level 50 well geared booster
    You can run Freehold (or any other BFA dungeon) which does not require party sync to function
    Or
    You can run another dungeon from any expansion before BFA that does not scale by itself to 50 by using Party sync instead
    Low Level needs to be level 10 and have Chromie Time enabled

The XP per mob between these 2 options are pretty much identical which means the best instance to boost is up to someone to find out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post
    CONFIRMED THIS WORKS

Im sure a lot of you have heard of Freehold boosting from level 110 - 120.

When shadowlands pre patch hits its possible to do this from level 10 to level 50. (Level 120s becomes level 50 in shadowlands) because the new world and level changes makes Freehold scale from level 10 to level 50

Because corruption effects are gone its more difficult than on live to be a booster but for some specs it still works very efficently, mostly for Tank specs is my guess

I have not tested it with too many classes.
    The class that worked best was using a Prot Paladin (around item level 470 on live which is around ilvl 125 in shadowlands) (havent tried any other tank spec) as a booster in which It was possible to boost a level in 3-4min each
    Which means you could do about 15 levels per hour all the way from 10 to level 50 here.

Boosting with a DPS spec was a lot more tougher than on live but I think an OP spec like Havoc DH might work even without corruption effects
    (Azerite tier items still work and the essences also work)

Note: This is completely without any extra exp effects or rested experience.
    A lot of extra exp effects are gone in Shadowlands but 2 that still works is the Draught of Ten Lands and the Banners from guild reputation like Battle Standard of Coordination
    Last edited by Eseleme; 10-27-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Heads up for fast alt leveling in Shadowlands
  2. Thanks nyrhtak, aionic11, Yavanna (3 members gave Thanks to Eseleme for this useful post)
    Hahanerd's Avatar Member お前はもう死んでいる CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    4 (50%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always this way on expansion betas, they always change old content experience values first and then work to newer content. Unfortunately, once Shadowlands officially goes lives, it'll be fixed.

Eseleme's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hahanerd View Post
    It's always this way on expansion betas, they always change old content experience values first and then work to newer content. Unfortunately, once Shadowlands officially goes lives, it'll be fixed.
    I dont think so because this actualy isnt a bug, its working as intended.

UPDATE: THE INFO BELOW DOES NOT WORK AS THE PATCH WENT LIVE. HOWEVER THERE IS ANOTHER ALTERNATiVE TO IT.
    READ FIRST POST

There is a exploit version of this that I havent posted which lets you run around in "grey mobs" dungeons as a high level booster and one shot everything while the one getting boosted gets full exp.
    It works when the one getting boosted has enabled "Timewalking Campaign" by choosing an expansion to level thru at the new Chromie NPC in Shadowlands

Thats what this guy did here
    Twitter

Talking in terms of Live on BFA, lets say you could run into RFC with a level 10 as a 120 booster and the level 10 gets full exp.

Here is an example.

So i have a level 26 alt on BFA Live that when I go into RFC with a booster that is level 120 I get 70 exp per mob. 1 level for me at level 26 is 53000 exp

On Beta when i copy my 26 alt he becomes level 12 in shadowlands. I then run into RFC with a booster whos level 50 (120 on live) and each mob give me 10 exp each. one level for me at level 12 on beta is 12000 exp

WHEN I THEN ACTIVATE timewalking campaign at Chromie and run into RFC with a booster each mob instead give me 150 exp each. About 15 times more exp than if I didnt have it enabled

The version posted in my OP doesnt require enabling anything to work, you just need to be level 10 and get to the instance
    However the person boosting you probably will have to be the right class and have some gear at level 50 since one shotting everything isnt involved here

I know this is a exploit forum but I thought id post the version that I think will make it to live
    Last edited by Eseleme; 10-17-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Notfincher's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you not level-up eventually and become ineligible to boost?

sefuefernando's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can do this. and I confirm what he says 3min per level

Turkey11's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sefuefernando View Post
    I can do this. and I confirm what he says 3min per level
    Can you confirm it's working right now in prepatch and how?

rkl90320's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utilizing a level 50 booster. Timewalking set to Cata or BC I did not get any XP unless party sync was turned on.

I would say this is not working.

Eseleme's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated as the patch is now live
    The real OP exploit does not work which I never thought it would anyway