0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

level 20-120 AFK With WM on, no deaths, no gear req

Fighting Pet Battle Trainer in Dalaran.

I.e.
    1. Generate lvl 20 Allied Race char. Go to Stormwind. Activate Warmode. Equip all Heirlooms you have.
    2. Ask a mage to make a portal to Dalaran.
    3. Bind your Hearthstone to Dalaran.
    4. You can pet battle the dalaran pet battle trainer if a worldquest for a pet battle trainer is currently up. You won't see the world quest on a low level character tho, but you can still pet battle him!! ( => Check if WQ is up with a max level Character)
    5. You can fight the pet battle trainer as long as the "worldquest" is up. You won't get alot EXP for your Pet Battles, but your character will get ALOT. Remeber all those "pet battle level strategies?" This is faster and more reliable.

Automation:
    Either write a automation script with autoIt/AHK or generate macros with your mouse. If you want to do it manually, you will only need like 3 buttons and can do it while watching netflix.

What you will need: Check the Trainer which is up and go to Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies

Choose a Team, which has the least amount of RNG and counters everything which is RNG. After choosing a team, i.e. Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies

You will see two Buttons: "Rematch String" and "TD Script". Click on Rematch String and import this team into your wow rematch addon. Rematch: Overview - Rematch - Addons - Projects - WoW CurseForge

Also install this addon: tdBattlePetScript - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge
    Afterwards install this addon: Overview - tdBattlePetScript Rematch - Addons - Projects - WoW CurseForge

Bastically: 1 Click to import a Team, 1 Click to import a Strategy. The tdbattlepet script will always execute said strategy. This addon requires a hotkey. Set the hotkey Mousewheel down.
    => How it works: Start a pet battle, scroll down i.e. 20 times, you won. (This is already pretty fast, but you can automate it)

If you don't have any plans about these addons, i recommend to just install them and try them out. they are huge.

SO, after we automated the pet battle, what else do we have to do:

1. Set the WoW Keybind to "Interact with Target" to some Hotkey you don't really need for anything else.
    2. Create a Macro to target the trainer. (You will have to adjust the name for every WQ obviously)
    3. Interacting with an pet battle NPC opens a dialog where you can click on an option. Create another macro which says: /script SelectGossipOption(1) this will automate this process

=> You should now have everything you need for pet battles, target the NPC, interact the NPC and starting the pet battle.

4. After the pet battle, you will always be teleported to the same spot before the trainer. You have to run to the trainer to start the pet battle. I recommend using a timer with around ~1300ms that "holds down w"
    5. the last piece you need is: rezzing your pets. You can do this by buying like 400 pet battle bandages - or using the rezz function every few mins. Depends on what you prefer etc. Just make sure to bind this to an hotkey.

Finally: Now you have everything you need - put together - to level AFK, with WM, Without Deaths, Without Gear, to 120.

This guide alone is pretty ballsy to boost a character, even more after 8.1.

Basically you can generate an AHK programm which will:

1. hold down "w" for 1.3 seconds
    2. "target the trainer"
    3. "interact with target"
    4. "press tdbattlepetscript hotkey"
    5. "wait around 1.5 seconds until you press it again - save the amount of presses in some variable- keep pressing the button until number of presses > 100
    (means: after 150 seconds, aka 2.5 minutes, you assume the pet battle will be over, which is the case, from my experience you can expect a pet battle to last maybe 100 seconds, but i would always add a buffer, because random crits etc)
    6. after you leave this loop: use hotkey to revive pets
    7. repeat with 1

As i said, you can automate it with scripts, with mouse macros or manually, up to you.

i leveled ~2000 pets to 25 and all allied races to 120, so i make this public now.

i know the trainer isn't always up which means this strategy doesnt always work , but in the end - this is good because you won't be scripting for days and days. only for hours

at last:

-requires some setup, but believe me, its worth it.
    - because of many addons, macros and interface options, make sure you do some /reloads or relogs, to "save" them, because a disconnect will delete these changes if not saved.
    - i personally had some trouble at the start to make the tdpetbattlescripts to actually go off, but i figured it out
    - lastly: some pre written pet battle scripts use pets to level (2 pet + 1 level pet), you can take 3 pets to level faster and more reliable
    - make sure the pre written pet battle scripts have some kind of quit mechanic, aka "if pet 1 & 2 are dead => quit the fight)
    - you will do many pet battles and sometimes, enemy will crit 6 times in a row, killing your script. be prepared for that, you can easily work around with quit mechanics

level 20-120 AFK With WM on, no deaths, no gear req
  2. Thanks artemarkantos, smartie, RNNJ, Teryaki, Nnronn, Yavanna, ~Z~ (7 members gave Thanks to JhonnyQ for this useful post)
    hiccupz12345's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how long is the process 20-120?
    Last edited by ev0; 01-09-2019 at 08:46 AM.

smartie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats a pretty bad timing :-( wq is not up and it will be fixed tomorrow i guess :-( thanks anyways

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is the experience part only for dala? All legion trainers were made repeatable after 8.1 so you dont need to wait for the dalaran one to be up really.

Decent guide for ahking, i've used the other addons a lot and they work well.

Tested it on a 110, you get 13k exp rested. It'd be faster battling down in vale of eternal blossoms with wild pets, some guy posted a guide for it a week or 2. Only purely because different dala pet trainers take a few minutes, where as a wild battle down there is over in 30 seconds.

Going to do a bit more testing tomorrow with various trainers + see how the ally wm buff would play into it.
    Last edited by gippy; 01-08-2019 at 05:31 PM.

alevar's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the pet trainer with a level 100 and i couldnt talk to it/him. Am i missing something?

heffa4fun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Fighting Pet Battle Trainer in Dalaran.

I.e.
    1. Generate lvl 20 Allied Race char. Go to Stormwind. Activate Warmode. Equip all Heirlooms you have.
    2. Ask a mage to make a portal to Dalaran.
    3. Bind your Hearthstone to Dalaran.
    4. You can pet battle the dalaran pet battle trainer if a worldquest for a pet battle trainer is currently up. You won't see the world quest on a low level character tho, but you can still pet battle him!! ( => Check if WQ is up with a max level Character)
    5. You can fight the pet battle trainer as long as the "worldquest" is up. You won't get alot EXP for your Pet Battles, but your character will get ALOT. Remeber all those "pet battle level strategies?" This is faster and more reliable.

Automation:
    Either write a automation script with autoIt/AHK or generate macros with your mouse. If you want to do it manually, you will only need like 3 buttons and can do it while watching netflix.

What you will need: Check the Trainer which is up and go to Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies

Choose a Team, which has the least amount of RNG and counters everything which is RNG. After choosing a team, i.e. Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies

You will see two Buttons: "Rematch String" and "TD Script". Click on Rematch String and import this team into your wow rematch addon. Rematch: Overview - Rematch - Addons - Projects - WoW CurseForge

Also install this addon: tdBattlePetScript - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge
    Afterwards install this addon: Overview - tdBattlePetScript Rematch - Addons - Projects - WoW CurseForge

Bastically: 1 Click to import a Team, 1 Click to import a Strategy. The tdbattlepet script will always execute said strategy. This addon requires a hotkey. Set the hotkey Mousewheel down.
    => How it works: Start a pet battle, scroll down i.e. 20 times, you won. (This is already pretty fast, but you can automate it)

If you don't have any plans about these addons, i recommend to just install them and try them out. they are huge.

SO, after we automated the pet battle, what else do we have to do:

1. Set the WoW Keybind to "Interact with Target" to some Hotkey you don't really need for anything else.
    2. Create a Macro to target the trainer. (You will have to adjust the name for every WQ obviously)
    3. Interacting with an pet battle NPC opens a dialog where you can click on an option. Create another macro which says: /script SelectGossipOption(1) this will automate this process

=> You should now have everything you need for pet battles, target the NPC, interact the NPC and starting the pet battle.

4. After the pet battle, you will always be teleported to the same spot before the trainer. You have to run to the trainer to start the pet battle. I recommend using a timer with around ~1300ms that "holds down w"
    5. the last piece you need is: rezzing your pets. You can do this by buying like 400 pet battle bandages - or using the rezz function every few mins. Depends on what you prefer etc. Just make sure to bind this to an hotkey.

Finally: Now you have everything you need - put together - to level AFK, with WM, Without Deaths, Without Gear, to 120.

This guide alone is pretty ballsy to boost a character, even more after 8.1.

Basically you can generate an AHK programm which will:

1. hold down "w" for 1.3 seconds
    2. "target the trainer"
    3. "interact with target"
    4. "press tdbattlepetscript hotkey"
    5. "wait around 1.5 seconds until you press it again - save the amount of presses in some variable- keep pressing the button until number of presses > 100
    (means: after 150 seconds, aka 2.5 minutes, you assume the pet battle will be over, which is the case, from my experience you can expect a pet battle to last maybe 100 seconds, but i would always add a buffer, because random crits etc)
    6. after you leave this loop: use hotkey to revive pets
    7. repeat with 1

As i said, you can automate it with scripts, with mouse macros or manually, up to you.

i leveled ~2000 pets to 25 and all allied races to 120, so i make this public now.

i know the trainer isn't always up which means this strategy doesnt always work , but in the end - this is good because you won't be scripting for days and days. only for hours

at last:

-requires some setup, but believe me, its worth it.
    - because of many addons, macros and interface options, make sure you do some /reloads or relogs, to "save" them, because a disconnect will delete these changes if not saved.
    - i personally had some trouble at the start to make the tdpetbattlescripts to actually go off, but i figured it out
    - lastly: some pre written pet battle scripts use pets to level (2 pet + 1 level pet), you can take 3 pets to level faster and more reliable
    - make sure the pre written pet battle scripts have some kind of quit mechanic, aka "if pet 1 & 2 are dead => quit the fight)
    - you will do many pet battles and sometimes, enemy will crit 6 times in a row, killing your script. be prepared for that, you can easily work around with quit mechanics
    Any chance you could share your AHK script if you have one and what buttons you have hotkeyed? doing it manually right now and this is quite good. Thanks for sharing!

Macpod's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    22/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance to know how long it took you from 20-120? Or even 110-120. Any estimation would be appreciated. (Also the ahk script would be nice, faster to adjust it than to write your own)

xHearts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by heffa4fun View Post
    Any chance you could share your AHK script if you have one and what buttons you have hotkeyed? doing it manually right now and this is quite good. Thanks for sharing!
    Not OP but maybe you can use CKS or something similar if you're going to be on the computer anyway. Just set it to mouse movement and your desired TDBattleScript key and go play another game.

IDK how closely Blizzard looks for AHK but CKS *should* be legal considering it's been allowed for quite some time.

Originally Posted by alevar View Post
    I went to the pet trainer with a level 100 and i couldnt talk to it/him. Am i missing something?
    WQ is probably not up

edit: Oh also, this *might* give really good exp if Sir Galveston is up. He is the guy most people use during battle pet weeks to powerlevel their pet because he's up much more frequently than Squirt and gives the same amount of exp for roughly the same time.
    Last edited by xHearts; 01-09-2019 at 12:07 AM.

lpole's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warmode XP buff doesnt count for pet battles so you know.

11. Thanks gippy (1 members gave Thanks to lpole for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Finrodi View Post
    Any chance to know how long it took you from 20-120? Or even 110-120. Any estimation would be appreciated. (Also the ahk script would be nice, faster to adjust it than to write your own)
    At lower levels, its around 10 battles per level, each battle takes around 3 minutes (depending on pets you have and the trainer thats up) 110 to 120 will take abut 600 battles alone. (20 to 110 around 700 to 800 maybe) Honestly this is good for afk leveling if you have loads of bandages but since warmode makes 0 difference, you might aswell just turn it off and do the old vale of eternal blossoms critter spot since battles there last about 30 seconds for the same xp.

It is really good for leveling pets though, depending on which trainer is up again ofc.

abd70555's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Finrodi View Post

1-120 72hour

JhonnyQ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    basically since WM does not work, you can pet battle ANY trainer in legion (maybe even in bfa) for exp - with the same method.
    You could ask a friend to bring you there with a 2 person mount i.e.
    There are some trainers which dont work that good, and some which work amazing for this. currently amalia is up and available

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep your eyes open for "squirt the wandering trainer" to be in garrisons, it's an extremely fast an reliable fight to farm xp on.

Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimmys96 View Post
    Keep your eyes open for "squirt the wandering trainer" to be in garrisons, it's an extremely fast an reliable fight to farm xp on.
    They removed the player xp with 8.1, it gave none last time i tried it after patch. I was hoping to level another alt with it but got none, its still great for pets though.

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    They removed the player xp with 8.1, it gave none last time i tried it after patch. I was hoping to level another alt with it but got none, its still great for pets though.
    Whaaat, really? That's crap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast