2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Prizzle View Post
    All of these replies of people posting elaborate attempts of getting exact timing. You guys do know you can just have the level 80 cast a buff or heal etc on the 120 after they attack which requires zero timing or effort, right?
    THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
    Tonight I did this, and I registered on the website just to be able to say thank you!

I have previously tried this so many ways. Trying to get the timing for both to hit together was just impossible with my (stupid, crappy, unpredictable) latency.
    So, after seeing Prizzle's post, I realized I had an issue. My level 80 DK can't buff or heal. However, I remembered that you can click a scroll and buff someone outside your group! So, I grabbed a stack of Scrolls of Strength, logged my level 110 Frost DK on my second account to do the killing shot, and did exactly as Prizzle suggested.
    Got the title. No fuss, no timing issues, nailed it on my very first try.

This has all been said before, but I will reiterate:
    Step 1) Have your 110/120 and your level 80 in the room together. I had the level 80 as group lead.
    Step 2) Kick the 110/120 out of your group.
    Step 3) When the 1 minute "porting you out of the instance" timer hits 15 seconds, have the 120 use their big hitter ability (I used Frostwyrm's Fury on a 110 Frost DK).
    Step 4) Have the level 80 target the 120 and click on any usable Scroll of _________. I used "Scroll of Strength III".
    Step 5) Wait for the scripted stuff to complete and hit Alagon with any ranged ability (as he will be at 1 HP, anything will really work, I used Howling Blast on my 80).
    Step 6) Get the title.

NOTES:
    Make sure your 110/120 does *NOT* have any kind of buffs on that can block the scroll (Re-purposed Fel Focuser is usually up on my 110, but I tested the scroll before entering Ulduar and saw that it would block it).
    Be certain whatever you are using as your "Kill Shot" will actually do the deed. I tested my 110 DK's Frostwyrm's Fury Monday night, before reset, just to make sure it would do it.

Again, HUGE, massive thank you to both TylerLR92 and Prizzle!!! I am so grateful that you guys shared, and I finally (after many years of joining "Herald Title" groups that wiped for hours and never got it done) got my title!

Free Herald of the Titans
  2. Thanks artemarkantos, cheatingskank, Harkine, Ashoran (4 members gave Thanks to JustSomeNinja for this useful post)
    swarre578's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirm works still!

4. Thanks Harkine (1 members gave Thanks to swarre578 for this useful post)
    cheatingskank's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More than ten years and a bunch of failed groups later, the title is mine at last! Awesome find, and am busy sharing the method with my community of WoW players.

Harkine's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/5
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @JustSomeNinja for a great guide!
    Just did it on two characters.

Here is a quick recap of things I figured out while trying it:
    1) You can use a third character to hold your lockout with dead XT, if something goes wrong you can always use that lockout (I messed up a few times).
    2) Blizzard buffed drops from ICC from 100 ilvl to 110 and it really messed me up as I was ilvl 100 before they changed it.
    3) lvl 110 geared twinks hit as hard as lvl 120 characters, making this really easy.
    4) Why cast at 15 seconds? Boss' RP is close to 11 seconds, giving high level character enough time to zone out before the final phase.
    5) Scroll of ____ needs to be used AFTER lvl 110/120 hits the boss.
    Sequence: 110/120 hits the boss, enters combat >> lvl 80 casts the scroll, enters combat (because scroll counts as a buff and forces you into combat).

I hope this helps!

Thanks to JustSomeNinja again, took me over 6 years to get that title, but I finally have it!

Nini's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I tried this tonight with all methods above, timing/heals/scrolls. For 3 hours we tried and to no avail, any idea if its been hotfixed since the last post 2 weeks ago?

Morinoka's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it today with same tactic all the time, no archivment popup no Herald... think its fixed... damn

Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working with another player who wants the achievement. The player didn't get the achievement, but our timing was a bit rough. We will try again next week to see if it is confirmed fixed.

afaliwan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fixed. See this post on the german WoW-Forum: Herold der Titanen verbuggt - Quests und Erfolge - World of Warcraft Forums

Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would seem it is fixed. We're going to try something a little different next raid lock-out.

Definitely fixed, alas. I was hoping to get my friend their title, too.
    Last edited by cheatingskank; 07-10-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: update

Kiroshin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, was a month too late on this. Now I'm going to have to get this title legitimately

lilsniff's Avatar Contributor *snort*
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    137/89
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by afaliwan View Post
    It's fixed. See this post on the german WoW-Forum: Herold der Titanen verbuggt - Quests und Erfolge - World of Warcraft Forums
    For those who do not want to read German, here are the important parts:

Player:
    "You can no longer prepare IDs with 120s. That means you have to play XT and Flame Leviathan with an 80s group."
    Bluepost:
    "For the moment, that seems to be so. An exploit and bug has recently been fixed, this adjustment ensures that the entire run for success at level 80 must be met."
    ---

Originally Posted by cheatingskank View Post
    It would seem it is fixed. We're going to try something a little different next raid lock-out.
    Wouldn't repeating the same tag-method as with Algalon on the two prior bosses Flame Leviathan and XT do the trick? Flame Leviathan might have a bigger health-pool, but it's worth checking out. That way you would have to repeat the exploit 3 times in the same lockout instead of the original one time for Algalon.

c172's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lilsniff View Post
    For those who do not want to read German, here are the important parts:

---

Wouldn't repeating the same tag-method as with Algalon on the two prior bosses Flame Leviathan and XT do the trick? Flame Leviathan might have a bigger health-pool, but it's worth checking out. That way you would have to repeat the exploit 3 times in the same lockout instead of the original one time for Algalon.
    Algalon worked because the 120 took all his health 99.9% in the dialogue leaving just 1hp for you the 80 to kill. The other bosses don’t have the dialogue do they? So the 120 would kill them outright.

lilsniff's Avatar Contributor *snort*
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    137/89
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by c172 View Post
    Algalon worked because the 120 took all his health 99.9% in the dialogue leaving just 1hp for you the 80 to kill. The other bosses don’t have the dialogue do they? So the 120 would kill them outright.
    Forgot about that, and as you say then it probably will not work. Oh well, too bad for those who didn't get their titles!

TheSpark's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone US Alliance can help replicate?

DM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123