Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arena Season 3 update to pesonal rating exploit

According to blizz as of this morning
    "Please be aware that with this week’s maintenance, purchasing arena season 3 items that have a required arena personal rating will now also require the purchaser’s arena team rating to be at the same point values as well. "
    WoW Forums -> Arena Season 3 update

So basically now instead of getting an alt to tank to 1000 team rating then building your personal up yourself to 1850 your going to need to have that alt tank it then YOU build your personal rating to 1850 or 2000 agenst low rated teams then drop you alts and hire 2 good players to come in and get your team to 2000 ratings

weather a buyer or builder be there ya go a new way around new limitations

don't work harder work smarter

Arena Season 3 update to pesonal rating exploit
    Sekspyz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come this is an exploit ? I think this is wow general ? :@
    this iz lame

Swh777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for people who cant get a 1850 or 2000 rating on there own this is a way around that
    and NOW blizz is reintroducing a way to make money for those that CAN

SockofBadKarma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to get the ranking the normal way because I don't suck at pvp -_^ Just as soon as I get around to doing arena again. Forgot to do it last week...

Interesting idea, though. That actually didn't cross my mind to combine the tank rating strat with the hire good people strat.

holmedog's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on arenajunkies someone took the time to actually see how well this works...

It sucks. If you can tank a team w/ an alt and then try to get your rating up, your only going to get 1-2 points a game and risk losing 31 per game personal rating.

With all of the teams starting out at 1500, your just stupid to do it this way, b/c your going to hit a lot of gladiator teams. You would literally have to win every game up to the 1850 bracket to get 2k if you use a tanked team.

It's because you get less personal rating from playing below your personal rating. Risk V Reward kind of shit.
    Bite my shiny, metal ass

Swh777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only offer this as proof its possable

The World of Warcraft Armory

I'm not saying its right or you should but you CAN
    Last edited by Swh777; 12-11-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Starmanian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sux... You can't get your personal up to 1850 it's very hard. And if yes you must not lose a single match
    :wave: Duh, me is pro!

deathtalon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting to 1850 by "tanking" your team rating

Hi All,
    I wanted to do a new thread to make this stand out however I'm not allowed to yet.

I think alot fo people might be going about this the wring way. I know that after the change you will have to get someone to get your team rating up but there is still a good way to get your personal rating to 1850 easier.

Many people tank their rating down to 1000 and then use the main to drag it back up to 1500 ish gettting their personal rating up to 1700-1750. This is why people say it cant be done to get to 1850

What you need to do is apply this strategy in phases.

tank it down to say 1300. Use main to win back up to 1500 or just up to where your natural level lies.

now take it back down to 1300 again with the alt. Up again with your main.

continue as required. Obviously the higher you personal rating gets the more this slows down so just raise the level to which you tank down to

Doing it in stages like this means you will always get more personal rating for the wins with your main.

Hope this helps some people

firelobster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by deathtalon View Post
    Hi All,
    I wanted to do a new thread to make this stand out however I'm not allowed to yet.

I think alot fo people might be going about this the wring way. I know that after the change you will have to get someone to get your team rating up but there is still a good way to get your personal rating to 1850 easier.

Many people tank their rating down to 1000 and then use the main to drag it back up to 1500 ish gettting their personal rating up to 1700-1750. This is why people say it cant be done to get to 1850

What you need to do is apply this strategy in phases.

tank it down to say 1300. Use main to win back up to 1500 or just up to where your natural level lies.

now take it back down to 1300 again with the alt. Up again with your main.

continue as required. Obviously the higher you personal rating gets the more this slows down so just raise the level to which you tank down to

Doing it in stages like this means you will always get more personal rating for the wins with your main.

Hope this helps some people
    Strategy? You have no idea what you are talking about. As said in this tread, you get less personal rating "If your personal rating is higher than that of the team's" This is probably referring to way way higher, but 1500+ as opposed to 1300 is still a huge difference.

Mygot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... Now you need Personal AND teams rating 1850 2000 to get the
    2 items you may want... but wants stopping you from trashing your 2v2 rating to 1300 then boosting your personal rating with it and when you got 1850 just join or buy 5v5 teams spot as you will have ~2000 personal cheated rating and some leet teams arena team rating in which i believe you don't even have to play

deathtalon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by firelobster View Post
    Strategy? You have no idea what you are talking about. As said in this tread, you get less personal rating "If your personal rating is higher than that of the team's" This is probably referring to way way higher, but 1500+ as opposed to 1300 is still a huge difference.
    Thanks for this constructive post!

Yes you get less rating if there is a large difference between your rating and the rating of the team you play. That is obvious.

my "strategy" which you redicule is trying to lower that difference so its quicker to raise your personal rating.

People currently lower their teams rating to 1000 which if im not mistaked is a difference of 500 between your starting personal rating and the opposition you will play. I am saying dont lower it so far and you will gain rating quicker.

reduce the amount you artificially lower your team rating but do it more often

Rementra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mygot View Post
    but wants stopping you from trashing your 2v2 rating to 1300 then boosting your personal rating with it and when you got 1850 just join or buy 5v5 teams spot as you will have ~2000 personal cheated rating and some leet teams arena team rating in which i believe you don't even have to play
    I was under an impression that changing teams resets your personal rating to 1500.

Sprok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it does reset personal rating... However, personal ratings are universal atm, so in theory you could tank a 2v2, join a 2k+ 5v5 and purchase away

Custer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sprok View Post
    it does reset personal rating... However, personal ratings are universal atm, so in theory you could tank a 2v2, join a 2k+ 5v5 and purchase away
    I already mentioned that in my post and it seems to be working:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ex...loit-nerf.html