Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have more than 50 characters on one account.

This one is going to be quite hard to replicate due to time restrictions and I'm not 100% when the character goes "away" but might help a select few in a big way.

At some point after quitting the game for a while all your characters will "disappear" and you'll have an empty realm select list.

Blizzard's recommendation is to look on the forums for the character names, click on that realm, make a new character, hit refresh, and lastly to delete some folder. DON'T DO THIS!

Now for the part that has to be confirmed and hard to replicate, is one of two things happens. Either your character/s is/are forgotten already and you can make 50 characters now, or some point in the future they are forgotten and you can make 50 characters.

Now the way it happened for me was one of these old forgotten characters (created shortly after BC) got flagged for a rename and suddenly appeared on my realm select list after I was already maxed on characters and put me at 51.

Because of how hard this is to replicate and my lack of preparation I haven't done any experimenting to figure out exactly how to replicate it. But if you know the name and realm of your old "forgotten" character you might be able to speed up the rename flagging step by requesting the name on another account to flag it.

Proof (and no risk of ban):
    gmresponse.jpg
    Last edited by hpdark; 03-18-2018 at 02:15 PM. Reason: picture

Have more than 50 characters on one account.
    Moudi's Avatar Contributor Premium WoW Accounts!
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    13/27
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find, sad u have to wait 10 years to replicate or how long it takes for everything to dissapear

hpdark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% on the time and its not something easily found out because checking resets the timer. But it's definitely shorter than 10 years, it's happened to me a couple times and my longest break was end of cata to end of wod. It could be as short as a few months. The longest part was waiting for them to get flagged for a rename I suppose but if you know the name it could be sped up.

HUSKY BOOST's Avatar Banned 100% trusted CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/29
    Trade Feedback
    344 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    exploit, where you need wait 10+ years =)