338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying In Capital Cities

You can fly outside the snow globe in capital cities and in some surrounding zones.

1. Find a snow globe, there's one in Orgrimmar, Ironforge and Dalaran.
    2. Port out of the snow globe to a location in the same city.
    3. Cross fingers (fails at least half the time for no real reason).

This isn't a substitute for the Antorus buff, since it can't go outside the city zone. I think. I couldn't find a way anyway.

Still, it is pretty cool.
    Last edited by advanta; 12-17-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Flying In Capital Cities
  2. Thanks Nyarly, WizardTrokair, Madorisiath (3 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    [TRG]Semi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/47
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked great as always, advanta. There was quite a few things you could do with this, such as taking it into an enemy capital city. The way to do it with enemy cities was to have a warlock with you, or if you were Alliance, simply use the summoning stone near the dungeon portal.

I did this in Ironforge, but the use of it wasn't too big here. I would've loved to go outside to Elwynn or Stormwind but sadly I couldn't. In Ironforge, I'd attack people on the ground and when it came to melees would fly up in the air to avoid them. Pretty neat when they can't attack back.

For some reason though, after about 5-10 minutes the buff would be removed. We even had some times where it would be removed while we're in the air, then I'd resurrect my friend and he'd get the buff again right after ressing. Really strange.

After around 4-5 hours of your video post, I think it was hotfixed. We weren't able to get it going again, and when we did, it'd only last for 10 seconds. I don't know what I could've been doing wrong...

It makes me wonder though if we can do something similar with other area buffs.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [TRG]Semi View Post
    It worked great as always, advanta. There was quite a few things you could do with this, such as taking it into an enemy capital city. The way to do it with enemy cities was to have a warlock with you, or if you were Alliance, simply use the summoning stone near the dungeon portal.

I did this in Ironforge, but the use of it wasn't too big here. I would've loved to go outside to Elwynn or Stormwind but sadly I couldn't. In Ironforge, I'd attack people on the ground and when it came to melees would fly up in the air to avoid them. Pretty neat when they can't attack back.

For some reason though, after about 5-10 minutes the buff would be removed. We even had some times where it would be removed while we're in the air, then I'd resurrect my friend and he'd get the buff again right after ressing. Really strange.

After around 4-5 hours of your video post, I think it was hotfixed. We weren't able to get it going again, and when we did, it'd only last for 10 seconds. I don't know what I could've been doing wrong...

It makes me wonder though if we can do something similar with other area buffs.
    Still active, I'm flying in Dun Morogh as we speak.

I got several comments like yours on the video itself and normally I'd assume it is just that viewers don't quite have the patience (understandably) to persist with exploits like this which are somewhat tempramental, but I know that wouldn't apply to you, so I'm not certain what the issue is. What I just did was exactly what I did in the video in ironforge after just logging-in. Maybe it is a cache issue?

[TRG]Semi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/47
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be a cache issue, I'm not sure. I tested it again today and it seemed to work fine in Orgrimmar, but doing the same warlock summoning in Ironforge seemed to only last for a good 5-10 minutes. And again, same thing happened, it eventually just stopped working.

It's strange, it really is, but could this work with the orbs in Broken Shore from the world quests?

Insanedots's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked for me.

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [TRG]Semi View Post
    It might be a cache issue, I'm not sure. I tested it again today and it seemed to work fine in Orgrimmar, but doing the same warlock summoning in Ironforge seemed to only last for a good 5-10 minutes. And again, same thing happened, it eventually just stopped working.

It's strange, it really is, but could this work with the orbs in Broken Shore from the world quests?
    Have not tried that yet. There is a possibility with an item that can be used anywhere-best not discussed publicly.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this, thanks so much for sharing!
    I'm so focused and short on time lately... I went into that snowglobe, saw I turned into a Santa, said "oh cool" and left the globe.
    D'oh... didn't even notice the flying buff, or that you could fly in there!
    Will definitely be playing around with this. Thanks!

PS - Sent you some rambling PMs the other day, check 'em when you can.

lingua's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried it in ORG using the guild teleport cloak, worked for like 30sec then the buff disappeared. Even if you stay in the globe you can see when it de and then re-buff you. Is it fixed?

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lingua View Post
    I tried it in ORG using the guild teleport cloak, worked for like 30sec then the buff disappeared. Even if you stay in the globe you can see when it de and then re-buff you. Is it fixed?
    They haven't fixed it, it is just extremely volatile and sensitive to placement.

It took me a while with a mage to work out where the de-buffing spots are through trial and error. I'd recommend trying it with a class trial mage initially to get a feel for it-if something goes wrong you can restart the process instantly since mage ports have no cooldown.

sh1ft3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice find bro