4/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running midair and avoiding boss abilities

Before going to Imonar there will spawn Lightforged Golems that you can use to get down to the portal
    If you use the golem and start logging out while flying you will stop midair.
    If you stall the golem long enough the golem will dissapear, but you will still be midair and you'll be able to run around without falling down.

You are now free to explore Antorus, instanced Argus or even leave the instance and run midair anywhere else you want. While midair you will also not take any damage from certain abilities (like any of the mines or wires on Imonar as an example).
    I haven't checked if you can bring this into other dungeons/raids but i could do it in both Broken Isles/Dalaran and Argus.

Running midair and avoiding boss abilities
  2. Thanks Nyarly, rottem546, Romath, jimmys96, gippy, Madorisiath, Ket, artemarkantos, Hazzbazzy, TheGrimMelvin (10 members gave Thanks to Mongarx for this useful post)
    Mongarx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing around with this bug a bit more and i can now confirm that it is possible to bring this into any dungeon/raid/instance and i've been able to get through any invisible wall i could find just by using blink.
    Also it seems to bypass fatigue.
    To stop airwalking all you have to do is log out and back in.

rottem546's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed, great find dude, I fooled around with it for quite a while now. Didn't really find anything particular to explore in any instance, or outside part of the world.
    +rep

EU-Ragnaros

Fruit Punch Samurai's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great find. +2 Rep.
    Currently testing if this can be used to reach GM Island. Already did one test, but Fatigue almost got me. Gonna experiment with various speed boost items and report back.
    If I find any other interesting uses for this one, I'll post it here.

EDIT: Was able to run to past the Fatigue zone west of Darnassus. You can Blink past any invisible wall that gets in your way. Can't figure out what to do next, lol. Any advice? Disconnect macro? Would this method even still work?
    Last edited by Fruit Punch Samurai; 11-30-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Ginchy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    286/110
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome find man, +6 rep!!

AraiXplorer's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
    Great find. +2 Rep.
    Currently testing if this can be used to reach GM Island. Already did one test, but Fatigue almost got me. Gonna experiment with various speed boost items and report back.
    If I find any other interesting uses for this one, I'll post it here.

EDIT: Was able to run to past the Fatigue zone west of Darnassus. You can Blink past any invisible wall that gets in your way. Can't figure out what to do next, lol. Any advice? Disconnect macro? Would this method even still work?
    Your post sounds like a question, so here is the answer !

+max rep for great exploit, reminds me of the flying panda exploit back in 2014

Edit: An interesting thing is that Blizzard apparently added a loading screen just after the first invisible wall. I can say with 100% certitude that this loading screen was not there the last time I went to GM Island with a similar exploit (which was in 2014, see this post : Fly without a mount or with a ground mount). I assume Blizzard put it there in an attempt to stop explorers from going out too far by dropping buffs with the loading screen. This would have worked with the 2014 panda exploit, but sadly for them the Golem exploit resists loading zones
    Last edited by AraiXplorer; 12-02-2017 at 05:16 PM.

8. Thanks Nyarly, Mongarx (2 members gave Thanks to AraiXplorer for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AraiXplorer View Post

Edit: An interesting thing is that Blizzard apparently added a loading screen just after the first invisible wall. I can say with 100% certitude that this loading screen was not there the last time I went to GM Island with a similar exploit
    Very nice, thanks for the vid !
    I didn't hear about any loading screen as well. And it's interesting, maybe it's trying to port you somewhere else and fails .... (some kind of no man's land)

Fruit Punch Samurai's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: An interesting thing is that Blizzard apparently added a loading screen just after the first invisible wall. I can say with 100% certitude that this loading screen was not there the last time I went to GM Island with a similar exploit (which was in 2014, see this post : Fly without a mount or with a ground mount). I assume Blizzard put it there in an attempt to stop explorers from going out too far by dropping buffs with the loading screen. This would have worked with the 2014 panda exploit, but sadly for them the Golem exploit resists loading zones
    Bah, ya beat me to it. And here I was hoping to be the first to use this to get to GM Island, lol. Oh well. Thanks the the answer, this helps a lot. Haven't been to GM Island since WotLK, so I've missed it a lot :P

Thanks G/R
    4/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was pretty sure that getting to GM island would be possible but didn't have the patience to try it myself for close to an hour so i'm glad someone else does have the patience!

Dehuhn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to fight without getting dmg ? So any boss fights would be easy?

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1138
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mongarx View Post
    I was pretty sure that getting to GM island would be possible but didn't have the patience to try it myself for close to an hour so i'm glad someone else does have the patience!
    Worth mentioning that GM island has a fatigue zone around it. You wouldn't want to spend an hour getting there and die from fatigue on the shore. Not that this ever happened to me or anything...that would have been really stupid.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1138
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mongarx View Post
    Worth mentioning that GM island has a fatigue zone around it. You wouldn't want to spend an hour getting there and die from fatigue on the shore, then get rezzed back in teldrassil. Not that this ever happened to me or anything...that would have been really stupid.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Not that this ever happened to me or anything...that would have been really stupid.

(10 char)

timurkilic1@hotmail.com's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fixed. Was fun while it lasted Good find indeed.

Thanks G/R
    4/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It's fixed. Was fun while it lasted Good find indeed.
    So yeah, this did get fixed... Logging out while in the golem doesn't cause it to despawn after a while anymore.
    However after less than 30 minutes of testing i found a way to work around this! All you have to do is open up a portal next to the Lightforged Golem and use it when you are in the golem.
    So yeah... Keep on exploring!

18. Thanks Madorisiath, Nyarly (2 members gave Thanks to Mongarx for this useful post)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast