0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Minor) Magister Terrace Heroic awarding timewarped badges right now

Went into Magister Terrace Heroic after doing it in timewalking to farm rep and to my surprise I got timewarped badges from all bosses. Can anyone confirm?

(Minor) Magister Terrace Heroic awarding timewarped badges right now
    h42's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    139/52
    Trade Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried both heroic and normal, no badges.
    Possibly some weird interaction with timewalking, were you still in the "instance group" but just teleported out?

daemonanyndel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by h42 View Post
    Possibly some weird interaction with timewalking, were you still in the "instance group" but just teleported out?
    Nope, this is what happened.

1) Yesterday ran random timewalking on my mage and got Magister's Terrace. Did only that dungeon.
    2) Today I logged in and wanting to farm Shattered Sun Offensive rep, went into the dungeon, heroic mode. All mobs were easy to kill as you'd expect from heroic mode and so on, but when I loot bosses, I'm getting timewalking rewards instead. Even got a 660 item from the final boss so the loot table was definitely timewalking.
    3) Logged in with my DK who had done Black Morass yesterday, tried Black Morass Heroic, no dice. Standard heroic loot.
    4) Went to Magister's Terrace with my DK who hadn't done it yesterday, no dice, standard heroic loot.

So yeah, so far I haven't been able to replicate it and maybe it was a one-off freak thing, but there might be some exploit hiding here, maybe something to do with lockouts and such.
    Posted to see if someone else had had it happen but I guess no luck so far.
    Last edited by daemonanyndel; 12-10-2015 at 05:39 PM.

rdruid69's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    27/41
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by daemonanyndel View Post
    Nope, this is what happened.

1) Yesterday ran random timewalking on my mage and got Magister's Terrace. Did only that dungeon.
    2) Today I logged in and wanting to farm Shattered Sun Offensive rep, went into the dungeon, heroic mode. All mobs were easy to kill as you'd expect from heroic mode and so on, but when I loot bosses, I'm getting timewalking rewards instead. Even got a 660 item from the final boss so the loot table was definitely timewalking.
    3) Logged in with my DK who had done Black Morass yesterday, tried Black Morass Heroic, no dice. Standard heroic loot.
    4) Went to Magister's Terrace with my DK who hadn't done it yesterday, no dice, standard heroic loot.

So yeah, so far I haven't been able to replicate it and maybe it was a one-off freak thing, but there might be some exploit hiding here, maybe something to do with lockouts and such.
    Posted to see if someone else had had it happen but I guess no luck so far.
    If there was a normal magister terrace to try this maybe people will spend time trying to replicate ir but as it's only heroic and you can only have +20 per day I don't think people will try to replicate it, maybe if it was just "go&loot" without more shenanigans. Anyway nice find!

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1138
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by h42 View Post
    Was inspired to experiment with this by your comment.

Tried entering a TW dungeon, which was Magister's Terrace. Teleported out, then went to the Isle of Quel'Danas where the magisters terrace portal is. Entered it and sent me back to the TW version.
    Interestingly when I tried to port out again it said "No valid teleport location". You'd think it would just send you to the Isle of Quel'Danas graveyard. Something interesting going on here.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Was inspired to experiment with this by your comment.

Tried entering a TW dungeon, which was Magister's Terrace. Teleported out, then went to the Isle of Quel'Danas where the magisters terrace portal is. Entered it and sent me back to the TW version.
    Interestingly when I tried to port out again it said "No valid teleport location". You'd think it would just send you to the Isle of Quel'Danas graveyard. Something interesting going on here.
    Theorycrafting here; is it possible to stay in an instance group after you log off? What happens if you clean the timewalking dungeon, teleport out, reset all instances and walk back in? Could be useful if you could farm it when timewalking has ended.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy