Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking back at server exploits, please add ones you remember!

I'm from wowlegion in case I havn't mentioned, and during the end of 2006 I can remember a handful of useful exploits that worked fine back then. Now, there are hardly any server glitches of exploits to bug mobs/bosses or to have an advantage, but I'd like to share what I remember.

Mage - Polymorth : Probably the most bugged skill ever.....bugged? Anyways it would make the humanoid or beast turn into a sheep/turtle etc, but it kept the mob that way forever. For some reason the server hadn't fixed the information that is kept on the timer and release of polymorth effects. This was so useful for grinding. I don't believe this worked in PvP.

Mage - Dragonfire : Dragonfire's stun effect worked on anything and would keep the mob/boss stunned forever.

Priest - Inner Focus : This one was quite recent, about 2-3+ MONTHS old. Apparenlty Inner Focus when casted, would grant free casts worth no mana to Ressurection, Holy Nova, Flash Heal, Lesser Heal and Greater Heal....but the inner focus would stay on forever! It didn't wear off unless you casted a spell that cost mana. I absolutly loved this exploit, mostly because mana was the problem for priests when healing, but mostly for PvP uses. This bug lasted for about 3-6 days at most, so now Inner Focus doesn't do anything now.

Wand Exploit : I'm not sure about the mechanics on this one, but I believe what it did was make you attack about x 50 on 1 wand attack. This was a very early glitch that wasn't rectified for ages.

Black Arrow : I remember this one thoroughly, because we used it all the time to bug Illidan and the rest of the game bosses. When casted, it would stun the boss forever instead of temporarily. As long as no one casted Fear, the bugged boss would continue to either do nothing, or keep attacking and missing. So just keep attacking it till its dead.

Now I'd like to hear your servers exploits and glitches that occured/occur.

Looking back at server exploits, please add ones you remember!
    volvagia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Looking back at server exploits, please add ones you remember!

Hmm I'm not sure that works on all private servers, will check it out later.

But Lol it is true actually how bosses are so easy on private servers. I know a Paladin who 'apparently' solo'd Najentus by himself. Since most of the bosses on private servers are tank 'n' spank, battlemaster and heals are all that's really needed. Thanks for replying .

Now that is one fat Tauren!

volvagia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors Rampage? Explain please, I'd like to know what it could do on whatever server .

Makeman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by volvagia View Post
    Warriors Rampage? Explain please, I'd like to know what it could do on whatever server .
    As I've understood, and seen on videos, it would somehow make rampage stack unlimited times, making the warrior have virtually infinite attack power, thus being able to oneshot bosses like onyxia. You can search at warcraftmovies for "rampage final" etc.

Clone7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by volvagia View Post

Mage - Polymorth : Probably the most bugged skill ever.....bugged? Anyways it would make the humanoid or beast turn into a sheep/turtle etc, but it kept the mob that way forever. For some reason the server hadn't fixed the information that is kept on the timer and release of polymorth effects. This was so useful for grinding. I don't believe this worked in PvP.

Mage - Dragonfire : Dragonfire's stun effect worked on anything and would keep the mob/boss stunned forever.

Black Arrow : I remember this one thoroughly, because we used it all the time to bug Illidan and the rest of the game bosses. When casted, it would stun the boss forever instead of temporarily. As long as no one casted Fear, the bugged boss would continue to either do nothing, or keep attacking and missing. So just keep attacking it till its dead.
    Hunter - Scatter shot : same as those above

Also, hunters beasttial wrath talen skill was bugged. (may still be, havnt tried nor seen anyone in long time tho)
    It made your pet HUGE, you would do bestial wrath, loggout before the buff on your pet wore out, then log in and your pet would stay at the same size as when it had the buff. ( then just repeat that after the CD).
    Last edited by Clone7; 10-14-2007 at 10:04 AM.

Tharos's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did an all caster 3 man Ony, we went in with an estimated 20, but we wiped, and had a rogue g back to where Ony was in her "cocoon" and hit her. Se got bugged on the back embankment, and she was able to 3 man.

volvagia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Onyxia can be bugged now for some reason. Even though on some servers Onyxia works exactly like the retail version.

bowser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your using ascent then 75% of all bosses including illidan work atleast 70% blizzlike... Mine does

tb1080's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does everyone remember the logout jump exploit macro that you could spam and you could "fly" anywhere you want and even use it in PVP. I think there are some good videos about it on youtube.

Another one was how mages were once able to use their arcane bolts on evading enemies.

Bareno's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im going to post this at the emu server forum... but a sweet insta logout is (make this a macro) :

/logout
    /console logout

/console logout works if the /logout timer is counting down, its quite nice... It only works when your not in combat through.

Also, It only works on antrix/ascent servers, not mangos, tested this myself, didnt work on any mangos realms I tried.
    Last edited by Bareno; 10-15-2007 at 06:13 AM.

kannex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well all of these things worked on private servers but i think they fixed them now.