Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stables Bug

Quick note:

I'm not familiar with posting to forums, though I do read some from time to time. I've noticed when someone re-posts something already covered they sometimes get a blast of shit and told they should have searched it. I searched (briefly) but couldn't find this. I do hope it helps and is an original posting, however, if it is not.. sorry, I'm a forum noob

Stables exploit.

Start a Stables level 1. Pick up the quest that gives you the whistle to call your mount. Keep the quest and item and you may destroy the stables and build something over it.

The mount acts as a speedy meatshield and for some reason it seems to take less damage than your character does. If you have a bodyguard active, the bodyguard won't show up until the mount is dead. I'm not sure if removing yourself from combat while in a group and summoning the mount again is possible, although it's probably worth checking out.

I have VERY little experience with the Stables quests, so I'm not sure how much of this applies to the normal mounts you get from there.

I'd love to hear of any strats people come up with in regards to the Stables mount.

EDIT

Originally Posted by memoryspark View Post
    Fairly obvious exploit but thank you for posting
    Havent seen people using this as much as they should, although I dont this its usable in raids or things like that
    Further testing required
    +rep
    I've just now tested a dungeon with the mount and am sorry to report that it DOES NOT work. Nor does it work in Ashran The portal at the dungeon entrance is ignored and you just walk through it. Another flaw I've noticed while using the mount is that there are some abilities that you cannot utilize while mounted. Rogues cannot stealth, Warriors cannot use Heroic Leap. I'd be curious to know if a druid could enter Cat/Bear form (and if so I'd love to see a screenie haha)

Originally Posted by Ifritone View Post
    Hi, just to add to your post, the mount does not take any fall damage either + there is another trick to be explored I am not willing to contribute as of yet
    @ Ifritone Thanks for adding that bit in. Hoping your addition works out!

At some point soon I'll realm hop into a PvP server and test the mount there to see how it affects world PvP.. if someone beats me to it, please share your finds!

I think the best use this would have is for heavy Apexis grinds, and Rare Elite kills.

Another bit of an update I've been meaning to get around to!

After much toying with battle while on the mount I've discovered that moving while casting will not break the cast.

Also, it appears that if you're in a party aggro will go to everyone else before you (makes Kazzak, Rukhmar kills much easier)

You can only summon the mount OUTSIDE but you can ride from outdoors to indoors/underground (faster garrison mining )

Last but not least, you are able to cast certain abilities on the mount itself. I use vigilance to mitigate damage, but I'm certain you'd be able to heal it. I'm uncertain if others can heal it or not.
    Last edited by Shadorinn; 11-01-2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Adding onto functionality discovered by others

Stables Bug
  2. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Shadorinn for this useful post)
    Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems pretty cool. Keep contributing +rep

memoryspark's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairly obvious exploit but thank you for posting
    Havent seen people using this as much as they should, although I dont this its usable in raids or things like that
    Further testing required
    +rep

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1138
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few points:

1) Great first contribution. max rep.
    2) Don't worry about what internet people think too much. This is actually a pretty good crowd of people here.
    3) It may be obvious to others but not to me. I suspect it may be obvious if you built a stable, which many people didn't.
    4) Almost nothing big works in raids/instances from outside. If you find something that does it is likely to be a very big deal.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Ifritone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/12
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just to add to your post, the mount does not take any fall damage either + there is another trick to be explored I am not willing to contribute as of yet

7. Thanks Shadorinn (1 members gave Thanks to Ifritone for this useful post)