Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed! menu

User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Matshummels View Post
    I do this in Ulduar for some weeks now and it works great. But... how about Dragon Soul? I was under the impression that I couldn't clear a normal lockout up to Deathwing and then switch to heroic? Is there a way to use this method, when I want to do Deathwing only (skipping Spine, can't solo that one on most of my toons), heroic mode?
    You're right DS is a little weird how they handle lockouts. Sadly, the entire place has to be cleared heroic, thus it won't work. DS is the worst too with that like 10 minute RP thing at Ultraxion... Probably the biggest let-down of end-game raids ever by Blizzard to the point that it's not even fun to go back and speed run...
    Last edited by Sklug; 02-18-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed!
  2. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    koifo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I log back to my main char to join my premade group... it doesn't show up

4. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to koifo for this useful post)
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by koifo View Post
    When I log back to my main char to join my premade group... it doesn't show up
    Just did it now and it worked fine. Re-go-over the steps again as you are probably missing something. Also, a reminder that when you join sign up to LFG group on your saved toon, then log back over to your non-saved toon that you are going to farm the instance with next, you INVITE them to the LFG group... this gives you a 5 min countdown to log back over and accept the invite.

My guess is you just missed a step somewhere.. Good Luck!

mmoivo's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using 2 accounts ( have alts on both , so i only use 1 toon for the lockout)

Ulduar works fine for me on all my alts .

ICC heroic is completely messed up .

It goes like this :
    1. clearing up to Sindragosa on toon 1 / account A
    2. joining on toon 1 / account B
    3. killing Sindragosa with both toons in the raid
    4. both are saved to 10/12 with LK available in the raid IDs
    5. leave raid on toon 1 / account B
    6. kill LK on toon 1 / account A saved
    7. start a new raid with toon1 / account B lead showing 10/12 LK available
    8. invite toon 2 / account A
    9. zone in on toon 2 / account A 11/12 warning ( Dreamwalker still alive , so LK is dead )
    10. zone in on toon 1 / account B 11/12 warning ..... outside raid ID shows 10/12

Is ICC25 heroic diff than Ulduar in the way it saves the raid lockout holder ?

7. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to mmoivo for this useful post)
    Matshummels's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC is different than Ulduar (which has no heroic mode).
    You need to clear up to Sindragosa in normal, not heroic! This is important, otherwise this doesn't work! When you are then saved to a normal 11/12 ID, you can use that one every week with whatever toon you like (except the one who is supposed to keep that 11/12-ID intact for further use. of course). You just need to zone in 25-normal then with your farming toon (while grouped with the offline ID-holder-toon), and when inside switch to 25-heroic.

mmoivo's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Matshummels View Post
    ICC is different than Ulduar (which has no heroic mode).
    You need to clear up to Sindragosa in normal, not heroic! This is important, otherwise this doesn't work! When you are then saved to a normal 11/12 ID, you can use that one every week with whatever toon you like (except the one who is supposed to keep that 11/12-ID intact for further use. of course). You just need to zone in 25-normal then with your farming toon (while grouped with the offline ID-holder-toon), and when inside switch to 25-heroic.
    Thanks for your help .

Trying to give you some rep but i am not sure if am able , nway thx so much

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mmoivo View Post
    Thanks for your help .

Trying to give you some rep but i am not sure if am able , nway thx so much
    Thank you for responding, but ya, in the original post it talks about in the bottom RED block of text how ICC is different. You need to always clear instance in normal. You can change it to heroic after you zone in on the final step with the person you want to kill the boss.

11. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    TheDash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done this for two weeks in a row with ICC/Ulduar with no problems, but today it seems as though the instance ID isn't being copied across from my "holder" toon to my farming toon? When I go into ICC it just puts me into a fresh instance rather than the one being held by my "holder" toon. I'd ask if it's been hotfixed, but it seems like people in this thread have done it pretty recently. So does anyone know what's going wrong for me?

13. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to TheDash for this useful post)
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheDash View Post
    I've done this for two weeks in a row with ICC/Ulduar with no problems, but today it seems as though the instance ID isn't being copied across from my "holder" toon to my farming toon? When I go into ICC it just puts me into a fresh instance rather than the one being held by my "holder" toon. I'd ask if it's been hotfixed, but it seems like people in this thread have done it pretty recently. So does anyone know what's going wrong for me?
    Ok, I just checked it with one of my alts I did not clear the boss with so I could keep tabs on hotfixes for this thread and it still worked just fine in ICC. Make sure the original saved toon only cleared ICC in normal mode, not heroic (which I think is the case since you said you have done this 2 weeks in a row). Then, when on the toon you wish to kill the Lich King on, switch it to Raid size 25 in NORMAL, then zone in, and you should get the lockout from the original Saved toon. If you already switch to heroic before you zone in to accept the lockout, you will get a fresh instance. Only switch it to heroic once you have already accepted the lockout and you are inside. That is the only thing I can think of that you maybe mixed up in your routine this week.

15. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    TheDash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
    Ok, I just checked it with one of my alts I did not clear the boss with so I could keep tabs on hotfixes for this thread and it still worked just fine in ICC. Make sure the original saved toon only cleared ICC in normal mode, not heroic (which I think is the case since you said you have done this 2 weeks in a row). Then, when on the toon you wish to kill the Lich King on, switch it to Raid size 25 in NORMAL, then zone in, and you should get the lockout from the original Saved toon. If you already switch to heroic before you zone in to accept the lockout, you will get a fresh instance. Only switch it to heroic once you have already accepted the lockout and you are inside. That is the only thing I can think of that you maybe mixed up in your routine this week.
    I've tried several times now and it still doesn't seem to be working. It's very strange, I'm using the exact same method I used the previous weeks (which is exactly what you suggested) so I can't see why it would suddenly stop working? I'm considering getting a new lockout on another character and seeing if that will work instead. It's very curious.

Edit: Well, this is just straight-up odd. I went to the instance on my holder toon to see if the bosses were down, they were. I then tried to copy the lockout to my farmer toon again and it worked just fine. It might have just been some sort of strange bug where the raid lockout wasn't extending properly? In any case, it's working fine now.
    Last edited by TheDash; 02-20-2015 at 09:58 PM.

17. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to TheDash for this useful post)
    alucard001's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, this is not new....

Taran32's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news for all you Yogg farmers. Just did 25 man and it seems that with this patch, you no longer lose Sanity in Phase 1. Tentacles, bolts, shadow-coils, nothing lowers it until you enter the portal which, by then, you're home free anyway. Major, major time saver. GL to everyone!

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha Blizz made this even easier in patch 6.1! When you make your LFG group now, there is an "Auto Accept" checkbox now. No need to log back and forth to join then log over and accept and so on. Just make the group on the farm toon with "auto accept" enabled, log over to SAVED toon, join group, it auto joins you, log back over to farm toon and BOOM you are good to go!

Also guys, check the OP again. There IS away to do Madness of Deathwing Heroic on all your toons using the same ID 7/8 kills. Edit note is at bottom of post.
    Last edited by Sklug; 02-24-2015 at 05:36 PM.

21. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    Dangle64's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still working in 6.1

amarorskz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is always good to know, someone can see any way of getting banned doing this?

this can be considered bug abuse?

or we are just using the lfg system ?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast