Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed! menu

User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kaylee1977 View Post
    Step 11 ) Kill boss, then profit (be sure to disband group and premade).

Should this step be the other way around? Just tried it with Icecrown and it saved both chars.
    Yes, sorry if I did not make that clear enough. I just re-edited the post to clarify this so no one makes that mistake again. Sorry you got saved. With that being said, I will +5 rep you for taking one for the team on something that may not have been as clear as I had hoped. Thanks for reporting back!

Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed!
  2. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    HeavyFrost's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fts1 View Post
    Any way this would work for a 1 boss raid, like Onynia's Lair? Since you can't really create a lockout there...
    Why would you want that lol. As you said, it's only one boss.

Alfalfa's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    70/79
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty creative, thanks for sharing it

5. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Alfalfa for this useful post)
    Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sklug thank you for sharing this with us... You are the reason I even started back finding stuff for this site like over a year ago. Thanks for that and here is group of 7 cookies for u. Thanks again (:

7. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Augury13 for this useful post)
    starl1te's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just to clarify a few things:

This is not just to "not bother friends 10 times" if you have a lot of alts. you want to KEEP one character saved to just before the endbosses *permanently*. every Tue that character just renews all lockouts.

Also, there is no need to disband anything. the saves are on NORMAL MODE. the offline char with the save cannot get saved, don't know how that one person managed it. For ICC, you have a normal mode saved raid to LK, either 10 or 25. get that char in a group as described (he is offline), then set raid to 25man normal, zone in to ICC, set it to heroic. kill LK, the offline char remains not saved to LK.

This way you can go do Ulduar / ICC / Firelands in a row in one grp, without having to go thru the re-invite process every time.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tmanowen View Post
    @Sklug thank you for sharing this with us... You are the reason I even started back finding stuff for this site like over a year ago. Thanks for that and here is group of 7 cookies for u. Thanks again (:
    haha thanks!!! I remember when you and I were merely just low rep contributors. I had no idea I got you back into the fun! It is appreciated that you told me this.

10. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    xHearts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to disband the group before killing the boss, the offline character just needs to be out of the instance when the boss dies.

So you can park your saved alt in your garrison or Dalaran or wherever and do this method and it'll never save him.

Source: did this myself this week and last week, never got the alt saved.

riotlev's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    14/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best "exploit" since 6 months.

Actually one that I am gonna use now on my 10 alts Repp

Lihborg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try 1 warlock got LK save handed it over to my rogue then left raid with the lock that had save. Everything went well
    Try 2 warlock handed save over to mage, and left warlock in my raid - somehow my warlock got locked in even though his lockout still says that LK aint been cleared.

Info: warlock that had save was parked at ICC graveyard and no inside instance. Honestly I don't know maybe somewhere i had a brainfart and I pressed something I shouldn't have.

Essentially what i'm trying to say is that you might aswell kick the saved char from your group before you pull as it only takes a few seconds. Some of you may need multiple saves for different instances FL/ICC/Ulduar/DS, but since i've got em all except ICC it won't affect me much to kick the saved char before the pull. Will tinker more wednesday when EU is reset amazing find + repped

rdruid69's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    27/41
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fts1 View Post
    Any way this would work for a 1 boss raid, like Onynia's Lair? Since you can't really create a lockout there...
    You don't get what the OP was sharing dude...

+3rep This is a HUGE thing for me... 10 pjs farming mimiron's head per week inc

15. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to rdruid69 for this useful post)
    qaz87's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is real time saving. Thanks bro
    +Rep
    Last edited by qaz87; 02-10-2015 at 08:39 AM.
    ^^

17. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to qaz87 for this useful post)
    starl1te's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lihborg View Post
    Try 1 warlock got LK save handed it over to my rogue then left raid with the lock that had save. Everything went well
    Try 2 warlock handed save over to mage, and left warlock in my raid - somehow my warlock got locked in even though his lockout still says that LK aint been cleared.

Info: warlock that had save was parked at ICC graveyard and no inside instance. Honestly I don't know maybe somewhere i had a brainfart and I pressed something I shouldn't have.

Essentially what i'm trying to say is that you might aswell kick the saved char from your group before you pull as it only takes a few seconds. Some of you may need multiple saves for different instances FL/ICC/Ulduar/DS, but since i've got em all except ICC it won't affect me much to kick the saved char before the pull. Will tinker more wednesday when EU is reset amazing find + repped
    yes if you are only doing one raid then you can disband whenever, obviously. but most will be doing at least a couple in a row (Ulduar / ICC), and it's an unnecessary pain.

as for your case:

Make sure you are entering ICC in 25 man normal (and of course your warlock's save to LK is in normal). when inside change to heroic

also, on your 2nd char (mage), reset all raids before entering, that might be how you ended up in the wrong instance. since your lock still says the LK isn't cleared, that means he still isnt saved. and everything should work.

Zemsta's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    71/36
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, as xHearts posted, no need to disband then, right?

20. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Zemsta for this useful post)
    Sir_DOT_a_lot's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    6/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lihborg View Post

Same thing happened to me last night.
    Got saved to LK 25m (HC if that's somehow relevant info) and made a premade. Logged on my alt, did all the steps mentioned and entered the raid. While in ICC I left the group and got the 1 min notice that I'm not in a group and that I will be ported out of the instances to the nearest graveyard.
    My main character was just outside ICC, literally waiting in front of the entrance as there's where I logged out.
    Killed LK on my alt and when I logged back on my main and entered I got the pop-up to accept the save for 12/12 Bosses (with LK dead!). There must be something we're doing wrong:
    1) Either we must leave the zone with our mains,
    2) Get normal save instead of HC,
    3) Something else perhaps?

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sir_DOT_a_lot View Post
    Same thing happened to me last night.
    Got saved to LK 25m (HC if that's somehow relevant info) and made a premade. Logged on my alt, did all the steps mentioned and entered the raid. While in ICC I left the group and got the 1 min notice that I'm not in a group and that I will be ported out of the instances to the nearest graveyard.
    My main character was just outside ICC, literally waiting in front of the entrance as there's where I logged out.
    Killed LK on my alt and when I logged back on my main and entered I got the pop-up to accept the save for 12/12 Bosses (with LK dead!). There must be something we're doing wrong:
    1) Either we must leave the zone with our mains,
    2) Get normal save instead of HC,
    3) Something else perhaps?
    ICC is a bit tricky. You need to make sure you are cleared up to LK in normal mode and the saved raid is for normal mode, then when you log on your other toon and he is in the group and everything, set the lockout to ICC 25 normal, zone in and accept the NORMAL lockout. Then, once inside, you can now switch it to heroic. But, you need to be saved to normal. I will make a note to make this more clear.
    Last edited by Sklug; 02-10-2015 at 03:18 PM.

23. Thanks Yoggek (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast