Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draging mobs far far away from their original spawn. (hunter required)

What is required for this exploit?
    As far as I know you need to have at least one hunter for the use of freezeing trap! Either in your party of play one yourself. You should also have the glyph for knock trap

I was playing my hunter the other day and thought a bit extra around the fact that mobs don't go on DR when it comes to traps, such as freeze and explosive trap (with glyph for knock)

The expolit itself:
    You are able to keep mobs in freeze trap and knock them around as far away from their spawn as u like. You can refresh the trap as it has no DR. However every time the trap breaks, it counts as if the mob has it's spawning location where it was released from the trap, not saying that it will stay there if you leave combat. Just that you are able to drag it about.. 20-30 yards just like you usually can with a mob that you aggro out in the wild. This will make you able to move a bit quicker but you will have to trap it again so that it doesn't reset.

My experience so far

I started out trying to get high level mobs into low level zones. What I came across as a problem that might limit this exploit is the phaseing when you move into different zones. When you phase in/out you will leave combat even if you have the target in a trap. I was first of all in Duskwood useing this trick to trap one of the big elite questmobs around the Raven Hill Cemetery. I tried to knock/drag it across the water into elwyn forest but came across my 2nd problem. This undead mob was unable to swim, so it wasn't possble to knock or have the mob draged across the water. I then instead tried with a bear, close to that water that was able to swim. Then I noticed the phaseing between Duskwood and Elwyn making it (as far as I know) impossible to drag it across.

I took a good look at the wow map thinking where I could find the highest levels next to the lowest level zones. So I travel to Twilight Highlands! where I recruited a few friends to make this go a whole lot faster(more about my friends later on). In Twilight Highlands I looked for mobs close to the boarder of either Wetlands or Loch Modan. I found a mob close to to Loch Modan. chose a Humanoid mob called Twilight Vindicator. Twilight Vindicator - NPC - World of Warcraft

I picked one of the spawns at the top left of the spawn locations (at wowhead) That was only about 100 yards from the boarder to loch modan. To be more exact it's one of the spawns a little bit to the right of the text that says "the bastion of twilight" if you look at the wowhead map. I don't think it matters to much, which mob u pick! it works with them all as long as they're not immune to trap effects. However this mob is a sort of paladin, which does AoE dmg so it can easily kill lowbies that gather around when the trap effect breaks, making it a whole lot of fun!

So my friends that I mentioned above just happend to be:

First of all a DK, that could grip the mob over and over again, another hunter to knock even more, a druid that could help with knock as well and a priest that could MC the mob if we managed to **** up by hitting it. We could then MC and heal it up to full. (only works with humanoid)

We then froze the mob into a trap, started to knock, grip etc.. this takes quite a while even tho it was 5 of us. Carefully going from Twilight Highlands all the way across Loch Modan, into the tunnels towards Dun Morogh. Not much trouble so far, a few lowbies got intrested and died along with some level 15-25 guards that attacked the mob, Which as I mention does some sort of AoE hitting targets that doesn't even have aggro as long as they're close.

We moved towards Kharanos, the small town in the middle of Dun Morogh, where we could easily find a lot of low level players! another problem came upon us by then! The high level guards and also the high level players who can easily kill the mob we're knocking around. This is where journey ended, was getting late so we simply killed it and went to bed.

The Four Problems:
    Some mobs cannot swim, making it impossible to cross over water. Phasing resets combat (biggest problem imo), High level players/guards might ruin the fun, and last the fact that some mobs are immune to traps.

Ruining the gameplay of others:
    Something that might make this exploit "gamebreaking" (not rly, but got no better word for it) is the fact that you can choose to trap Quest mobs, For example a mob that u have to kill to complete a quest, the one and only! If you take that mob and knock it far far away from it's original spawn and keep it in combat! never to be found by the players questing!

This morning I tried to drag/knock Mor'Ladim all the way from Raven Hill to Twilight Grove https://i.imgur.com/6438k7i.jpg
    As far as I could tell the mob did not respawn at the spawnloaction where we took it from. Killing this quest mob is the only way to complete the quest, and it's simply not at the location it's supposed to be at as long as I keep it in a trap and in combat somewhere else ^^

Sidenote.... (Hogger is immune to traps unfortunatly, would've been fun to knock him all the way to SW gates just cause of the show)

I'm sure people can take this even further if you have the patince, I am doing this as alliance btw. thanks for reading

This is my first post ever, and I'm not a very detailed person I most likely missed something out! so feel free to ask, nor am I good when it comes to searching the forum so I'm very sorry if this is a repost, I tried looking around for a bit. Quite simple thing but lots of fun so I thought I'd share it!
    Last edited by Hasteismything; 04-07-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Spelling and also removed some stupid thoughts of my own

Draging mobs far far away from their original spawn. (hunter required)
    Cradien's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, genius. Well done

Hasteismything's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The strongest mob that I've found so far is San'shigo - NPC - World of Warcraft it's actually a flight master, that will most likely not respawn (not tested) while you drag him away, can be knocked/draged away towards Dun'morogh just like the other mob could. However this one does not have any AoE but rather heavy melee blows up to 18k crits at mail (hunter) Does not spawn any extra mobs, besides guards while u are close to his spawn, might be a bit tricky to get him away from his spawn cause of those 85 guards, unless u have decent gear. I'll keep looking for even stronger mobs! Hopefully I can find something that's hard to deal with for 90s even and I hope for ALOOOT of AoE

There's Battlemasters all around wow, old back from vanilla, really strong with around 20 mil HP. (not sure if that's from later on or vanilla) I've been able to trap them but they seem to reset as soon as the trap breaks. Which doesn't apply to other mobs that I've tried it with so far, dead end I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Hasteismything; 04-05-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Removed some info that didn't seem accurate.

koyko4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think if WOD starts and everyone wants to quest from 90-100 with this happening LOL

trev1kemp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love people who have only been playing this game for like a year...

1st of all. The only thing required to infinitely kite a mob is that you stop and let it melee you ever few feet.

Literally all you have to do is agro it, walk 2 feet, stop, let it hit you, walk 2 feet, stop... repeat.

This has been in the game since day 1....

How do you think people used to kite world bosses to cities?

God I hate how this website has turned to shit.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by trev1kemp View Post

1st of all. The only thing required to infinitely kite a mob is that you stop and let it melee you ever few feet.

Literally all you have to do is agro it, walk 2 feet, stop, let it hit you, walk 2 feet, stop... repeat.

I think you are being a little harsh.

First, throughout WOTLK and Cata Blizzard essentially added no new world bosses and leashed most
    of the high HP/unkillable mobs that remained, so you'd have to have been playing for a lot longer than
    a year to be familiar with kiting mechanics. Except for that brief period in cata when you could MC a
    mob and hearth with it back to SW or wherever.

Second, the somewhat *unique" angle here is that freezing trap + explosive glyph has the interesting
    property of not allowing the boss to attack which is a big deal for a solo hunter.

The problem is, as stated in the OP, mobs vanishing through zones and leashing issues, as well as
    immunity to stuns. These things have put me off investing serious time in kiting which is very time-intensive.

To the OP: you really need to kite something specific and show it wreaking havoc in the vale or wherever.
    Without a specific kite it is just a theory, and people don't have much patience for that here, intellectually
    interesting as you or I may find that personally.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by trev1kemp View Post

I've been playing for 7 years, I know very well how the game works. No need for you to think otherwise or even bothering considering how long I have played cause rubbish like that would be what truly turns the site into shit "things off topic, just spinning away"

The website isn't shit tho but if you've been around all these years I guess you are able to tell that there's a lot less glitches/bugs and therefor exploits in the game. Making it hard to come up with things that you might value. I see no need to look down on me for it.

monsterrofl's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This can also be done with beasts and scare beasts. Just funny to pull a goat into shrine bank

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool post +2. But yet this is in no way gamebreaking... This i guess is cool for trollers and i have a lot of bugs like that. But this has no actual use for it... Good first post though man.

endupzhukaf's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing required to infinitely kite a mob is that you stop and let it melee you ever few feet.

istnuk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also messed around with moving mobs away from their spawn point a few months ago. However I used diffrent method. It is mind controls (mind control cap, Dk control undead etc.).
    What you do is basicly just controlling the mob you want. and run away with it to the place you want it to be. Then just mount up and fly straight up until your pet is so far away that it will "dismiss". At this part it is meant that the mob will run back to the place it spawned, but instead it will run up to the place in the air where you currently was when it got "dismissed" and stay there. I found out that it only work for some mobs though. Several important quest mobs and quest givers will run back after a minute or two for some reason. But for normal mobs it works great.
    You can also move mobs between zones with this one as I put all the undead from the graveyard in duskwood on the zul gurub wall.

Will add that the mobs that have been moved this way will run back to their new place even after aggroed again, but will respawn at their normal place if they are killed or hit by a server reset.
    Last edited by istnuk; 08-04-2022 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Edited for more info

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tmanowen View Post
    Cool post +2. But yet this is in no way gamebreaking... This i guess is cool for trollers and i have a lot of bugs like that. But this has no actual use for it... Good first post though man.
    Thanks indeed it's not gamebreaking, I think I was a bit carried away! made the post just the morning after I sat up all night messing around with it.

Alfalfa's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    70/79
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by koyko4 View Post
    Think if WOD starts and everyone wants to quest from 90-100 with this happening LOL
    Oh man, it would be hilarious if you trapped the first quest mob in wod so that nobody could progress other than by grinding.

trev1kemp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that this is still front page makes me want to puke.

RakshaKnuts's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast