424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Control Flight Path

Hey there ownedcore, known this for awhile(since like December) and decided to actually film it now that i can and post it to you guys. Yes ik 2 different sets of gear. But the method one is posted b4 and the messing around one was posted today/yesterday so it still works.(Also server side) Hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, pm me, or just post here.
    edit: Also. just did now and completely got of ab, out to (actually past pretty sure) the gm walls. and got to the actual place where there is just a wall because wow is not made that far haha Again, enjoy!
    Steps:
    #1. Be on the Quest All We Can Spare - Quest - World of Warcraft.
    #2. Right Click/Interact with Toya.
    #3. Wait till bg q pops and press macro(lag helps here but is NOT NEEDED)
    #4. Enjoy aimless flying around the bgs.
    #5. Dc yourself to reset yourself back at bg spawn
    DC macro:
    Code:
    /run for v=1,500 do for i = 1,GetNumFactions() do SetWatchedFactionIndex(i) end end
    Movement: use W to move forward and S to move backward, W+A to turn to left and W+D to turn right.
    A macro to help you out:

Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /click GossipTitleButton1
    Video:

Video link of me messing around with it:

Messin with Control FP - YouTube

Control Flight Path
    WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone should be smart and make one thread with all the Control FP quests that work. Here is one from just last week:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ng-threat.html (World of Warcraft: Early Battleground Start (Emerging Threat))

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    Someone should be smart and make one thread with all the Control FP quests that work. Here is one from just last week:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ng-threat.html (World of Warcraft: Early Battleground Start (Emerging Threat))
    No no, thats completely different. Thats an early start. You also can't control that flight path in the bg. This one you can control.

Leniox's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ <3 you trokair!! =D

Carcinogen's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you joined into the BG did you get dc'd and then we're able to fly around no-clipping? Also did you try it in a dungeon? +rep

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tmanowen View Post
    No no, thats completely different. Thats an early start. You also can't control that flight path in the bg. This one you can control.
    So yours is like the MoP Kite one that was recently posted. They are all very similar, with some tweaks. There are probably over a hundred quests that work... but only like 3 variations of Control FPs.

Really would love someone to come along and really explain them all in detail. One comprehensive thread, explaining exactly how they (all) work, and then a listing of the various quests that have been discovered and what Control category they fall under, would be very useful for this forum, IMO.

Aegean's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really should have released a better guide a long time ago as there have been many misconceptions in the past about these exploits. I hope this helps everyone understand them better and prevents future confusion.

--Overview--

There are 2 distinct type of Control FP's and each has 1 sub-category. They are literally defined by their differnces. But they have 2 things in common: They are initiated by some form of port and clicking the fp, and they both involve vehicles. While this guide should be accurate most of the time, exploiting is never an exact science and exceptions to the rule will of course exist. Also I haven’t done much with the sub-category control fp as I don’t really play Wow at the moment. But I’ve gathered the information on it from reliable sources and it’s traits entirely mirror the ones already seen by the no-clip mode available by the original Control FP.

I. Control FP (Example: The Control FP released in this guide: Control FP 2.0 (No-Clip Flying Mode & Client-Side GM Island) - YouTube)

Control FP's are called control fp's because you literally have control of the FP. By dc'ing twice you get the ultra slow, able to walk up mountains FP Placebo made a plethora of vids with. When you logout on it, and then log back in, you get an auto dc which then initiates No-Clip Mode. If you do nothing and let it fly on it's course, which starts at the entrance of a Dungeon/BG (or the exact spot you are summoned from on a World Map ID), you can also dismount it at anytime by logging out and back in twice. This is what made Old HB Test Area possible. This is the best of the best Control FP's because of this control, and because of the other options that come included.

A few notes on this one:

-Certain abilities can effect the different stages of this glitch. If someone casts slowfall on you while in control fp mode it will reset your location back to where you originally dc’d for instance. Leap of Faith has the same effect while also restarting the FP on its automated path. However having Leap of Faith cast while in No-Clip Mode will change your saved location to wherever you’ve been pulled, and also dc you. I suggest for anyone really interested in the finer mechanics to experiment themselves to see all of the differences as there are many.

-As has been alluded by myself and others in the past, there are several more unreleased exploits involving the control fp’s. Some are very minor while some are quite huge. I’ll leave those to you all to find.

II. Control FP Sub-Category (Example: The Control FP Kyte in this vid: WoW Exploits 5.2.0 [RAoV] - YouTube & the now nerfed CoT Dragon)

**NOTE** Blizzard tried to fix the Control FP’s at one point and inadvertently added the No-Clip Mode instead lol. They did however successfully nerf the CoT Dragon in the process, which has worked this way for some time now.

These will auto dc you no matter what the moment you port wherever you port to. This auto forces No-Clip mode. Therefore they never fly on their course like the above Control FP. This also means you can't initiate the ultra slow walk up mountains mode and it won't ever fly and be dismountable thus achieving reaching areas otherwise impossible live, like Old HB Test Area. You simply only get the No-Clip mode. These have the same properties as the manual No-Clip Mode from the above Control FP, without the added benefit of the other options.

III. KotS Style Control FP (Example:How fly with FP in instances 4.2 By Keepers of the secrets - YouTube)

These Control FP's have no control. You can't initiate a control fp (ultra slow walking up mountain) mode. You can't initiate a No-Clip mode. You simply port into an instance at an xyz location, fly on it's little path, and then are auto dismounted at the end. Now it will auto no-clip during this flight, but again there is no control over the fp, it's a one trick act. If you don't like where it spits you out than too bad lol. However, you can usually hit offline mode and retain the fp at the end of it's path. But this, as we know, is a poor man's way of achieving such a thing, and obviously being in offline mode will never get you anywhere live.

IV. KotS Style Control FP Sub-Category (Example: World of Warcraft: Early Battleground start (Emerging Threat) - YouTube & just about every early BG start vid in the last year lol)

These also start at xyz, and you also have no control over them. The big difference between this and it's parent KotS style is that it won't ever dismount you from this xyz location. Whether it be because the vehicle doesn't spit you out at the end, doesn't fly on a course at all, or because it isn't even a vehicle (some cinematics fall into this same category for instance), it just doesn't work. There are exceptions to this rule, but for organizational sake let's mix them all in. People constantly release BG early starts with these because really that's all that's possible. And it's possible because the xyz location is closer to the enemies base than your own. So when you log out and back in the game just auto spits you out on the side you were closest to in xyz.

**Placebo made a guide for both the Control FP & the KotS style Control FP. Here are their respective links.
    **Control FP: Control FP 2.0 (No-Clip Flying Mode & Client-Side GM Island) - YouTube
    **KotS Style: How To Fly In Instances With A Quest Flight Path - YouTube

Knowing all of this and looking at the OP's Control FP. Chances are he has found a Control FP Sub-Category style FP. Which he could confirm by stating whether or not he was auto dc'd upon arrival in the BG. +rep
    Last edited by Aegean; 05-06-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry yes i was auto dc/ed, couldn't get back to y'all because of sleep and school. But yeah. dc's you once and it starts. you cannot move up or down, but you can turn and people can see you... I don't know what you look like when you are like that but i know you are un-attackable because the players would show up yellow to me.
    And thanks all y'all for da contrib!

Aegean's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tmanowen View Post
    Sorry yes i was auto dc/ed, couldn't get back to y'all because of sleep and school. But yeah. dc's you once and it starts. you cannot move up or down, but you can turn and people can see you... I don't know what you look like when you are like that but i know you are un-attackable because the players would show up yellow to me.
    And thanks all y'all for da contrib!
    Nice! Another Control FP Sub-Cat. Yes that's how it works to, everyone will be neutral to you and unable to attack you because of it. Great fun for BG's with the added bonus of being seen, a great WTF moment haha.