0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fly without mount and on ground mounts and attack from air LIVE SERVER

some of you may remember the old mage glitch where you were able to fly in BC on ground mounts, which involved dueling a mage, you mounting on your flying mount and the mage frost nova's you while your on mount and it dismounts you or you dismount yourself and spam jump and you would fly into the air.

im quite unsure how i achieved this, all i do know is that i was in sandstone drake form and i was on top of the org gate and i used a noggenfogger to make myself small, i got the small buff first go too, ill make a video of it working if you guys want, to show that you can indeed attack from the air, and others can see you flying with ground mounts and without, im going to try and recreate it and see if i can do it again, heres a screenshot in the meantime, if you want a video, then direct me to a good video recorder besides fraps because fraps has a habit of making the files huge and ill make one, i have not tried to recreate it yet because im havin too much fun flying around, this is my first big contribution to the site and i literally found it by accident on my own.

so all in all the steps were this (revised)
    1. sandstone drake form
    2. fly through cross realm zone
    3. use noggenfogger right before everything loads up
    4. it should dismount you after you use the noggenfogger
    5. flight achieved?

it takes some timing to get it, but when you finally do get it, its worth the trouble, i have retried it and successfully recreated this over a dozen times now, and its still working as of 12:00am EST 9/20/2012

heres some screenshots (use the video, i only included the screenshots to show where i first achieved it)
    ok here they are
    http://i48.tinypic.com/15364ue.jpg
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2rz6ycw.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2zfodfq.jpg

sorry for the crappy quality, im not sure how to make it better using fraps
    VIDEO
    Last edited by kradrick; 09-20-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Fly without mount and on ground mounts and attack from air LIVE SERVER
    Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be useful with lower levels? Hopefully you get it to work.
    Last edited by Teryaki; 09-17-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

kradrick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe all of those steps are needed, maybe only some, maybe it works with different forms of flight too like druid flight form or the new recruit a friend mount, im gettin bored flyin around attacking alliance with it so im going to try and recreate it.

Flowerpwr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although this would be cool; I hate to be THAT guy but
    [NO "THEORIES"]

By all means if you can get it again, then I'll rep ya. Until then though..

kradrick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not a theory though, im not sure if it took all those steps or what, i listed everything i did as it happened, im talking to a friend now to see if he wants to try and help recreate it, but yeah soon as i figure out how i did it, ill post again in the main post and update everyone

Nemesis.'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh how I wish this could work, I've tried this with no luck so far.

kradrick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah im tryin everything i did before, i just got knocked down out of the sky by a dk so i had to go try and recreate it, im thinkin it might have had something to do with zoning between org and dranosh'ar bloackade in durotar, that split second you zone through it, im tryin everything right now though

TheDragonfiend's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish ya luck mate

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Sorry tapatalk wont let me edit so if a mod could merge this post with the one above that would be great -

Have you tried lag switching or introducing small amounts of lag at different intervals to get the effect? I know i can fly while not mounted by using lag switching (well not lag switching just getting craploads of lag... I like to think of the area of australia i live in as one big lag switch) but it doesnt let me do abilities as that is affected to... Plus its client side (tho it does allow me to fly inside building's oh the people ive trolled standing ontop of the invisible box that surrounds the ah vendors in org) but if lag was introduced at just the right moment like perhaps during dismount after getting the small buff... Then due to lag you were still mounted for a couple seconds and you changed zones... Its all a bit what if... But really that would explain the glitch pretty damn well.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -once again sorry about lack of edit-

I just thought of something... Mount up and sit at edge of durotar like you already were... Start some lag then use noggenfogger when you get dismounted jump into durotar then remove lag... If that doesnt work then just try what you were doing before. Why lag before noggenfogger... If you were dismounting at the same time as a zone switch... That could very possible glitch out as you would be in a state change as the server is deciding which realm to plonk you into.

Calcifer's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After about 10 minutes of trying, I finally got it to work.

Here are the revised steps:

• Stand just on the threshold of a cross-realm zone
    • Mount up on a Sandstone Drake or RaF mount (any flyer than transforms you)
    • Walk into the cross-realm zone, taking note of what time it actually zones you in
    • Time your drinking of the Noggenfogger correctly so that it zones you at the same time as you dismount

Note: I don't believe it matters what effect the Noggenfogger has on you. Mine happened to be skeleton, and OP's happened to be the "small" effect.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my theory of state change zone change effect was correct... YESH..

Anyway have you tried with normal mounts or without noggenfogger (time using mount again so you dismmount during zone change)

kradrick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post

After about 10 minutes of trying, I finally got it to work.

Here are the revised steps:

• Stand just on the threshold of a cross-realm zone
    • Mount up on a Sandstone Drake or RaF mount (any flyer than transforms you)
    • Walk into the cross-realm zone, taking note of what time it actually zones you in
    • Time your drinking of the Noggenfogger correctly so that it zones you at the same time as you dismount

Note: I don't believe it matters what effect the Noggenfogger has on you. Mine happened to be skeleton, and OP's happened to be the "small" effect.
    YES i tried it again with your revised steps and it worked perfectly, i was flying and attacking from air again, i was trying everything before but i never backed out of the cross realm farther then the other side of the doorway and i kept failing, now that you mention it, i do recall killing alliance outside in durotar and then flying all the way back into org and using noggenfogger at the spot i said and flying, was able to mount up on normal mounts and fly, attack, land and take off, and people saw me doing it again, my latency remains constant between 90 and 120ms so i know i wasnt lagging, and people were following me around asking me how i did it and i just kept replying i have no idea

kradrick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omfg i just did it 3 more times with your revised steps, and it worked everytime, if you time it right before everything zones in after the switch you will dismount your sandstone drake and you will fly into the air, and it does work with any buff from noggenfogger, thank you so much for helpin me figure it out calcifer i repped you for your help, also i did stay on the ground to do it and walk through the zone in and it works good that way, right on the threshold of the zone in walking back and forth
    Last edited by kradrick; 09-17-2012 at 11:25 PM.

RenderMan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had this happen to me a couple days ago. I thought I lagged really bad, but I was able to attacking while flying, I couldn't figure out how to redo the exploit though, thanks for the share!

+rep

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast