0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gain an unfair advantage in duel as a Rogue

Hey, i discovered a really usefull thing during a duel when i was dueling a mage. The thing was that i had 5 combo points on him before i even touched him (Didnt use premeditation either btw) And i thought for a while how the hell i could get that, so i read all my talents more carefully to see if i could find an explaination... As everyone knows you get combo points throught "Honor Among Theives" from your party/raidmember crits. And during my duel i was in a party with a friend who were dueling as well who then throught his own crits gave me free combo points which gave me a really good advantage in my duel. And it even works with a healer who just stands there and crits and therefor are a duel not even necessary for your party member for you, as a rogue, to gain benifit from this exploit.

So to put it more simple.

1. Be in a party
    2. Start a duel and enter Stealth, do not enter combat
    3. Let your friend, if it's a healer, just simply heal himself (you will gain 1 combopoint every 2 seconds if your friend crit with healing spell for the rest of the duel. Or, if you party with a DPS he then needs to crit throught combat and you will gain the very same effect as i mentioned above.
    4. Then just simply sit back and watch as you get 5 free combo points before enter combat and then just simply enjoy the rest of the free combo points
    5. Have fun!

Here is a video if you would like to see that--->YouTube - Rogue combopoint Advantage/Exploit

I don't know with you, but in my opinion you shouldn't be able to gain this type of advantage in a regular duel. If it's a repost just simply delete it!
    Thanks for reading

Gain an unfair advantage in duel as a Rogue
    eKqN's Avatar Contributor MMOwned Veteran CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    13/41
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice idea
    +rep
    Hackhac, contributor && donator.

TwidgetUSN's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say this is as much as an exploit as, well, smartly using/abusing your talent tree.
    Really the point of dueling is a self gratification, nothing awarded of it so "cheating" your way to a win is kind of redundant isn't it?
    Nevertheless, though, good find and good job actually researching it instead of assuming it's a bug.

shakaruine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about in a 2v2? Rogue stealths, priest heals self, easy combo points before the start.

Lorhna's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shakaruine View Post
    What about in a 2v2? Rogue stealths, priest heals self, easy combo points before the start.

Yes, i thought about that as well. But havn't tried it yet since the arena season havn't started yet. Should work tho, can't why it shouldn't.

And, i know that this isn't really an exploit, but in battlegrounds, before attacking a "hardtobeatclass as a rogue, i wait a couple of seconds to get combo points aswell before entering combat.

Bloodygaming's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually you even give your enemy an advantage for being with you in group he can see your location on the map and detect you even in stealth.

so its not an exploit because the spell works as indeed, but you can post that in the guide section.

i play rogue and i often have someone in target to get "free heals" in stealth because of the same mechanics

sakimi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only use would be to have a 5 cp recuperate or slice n dice up, since when you open you'll get 5 CP's depending on what you talent, but you'll get at least 2 or 3.

Lorhna's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bloodygaming View Post
    actually you even give your enemy an advantage for being with you in group he can see your location on the map and detect you even in stealth.

so its not an exploit because the spell works as indeed, but you can post that in the guide section.

i play rogue and i often have someone in target to get "free heals" in stealth because of the same mechanics
    As you can see in my video, i'm not in my opponents group so he can therefore not see me on his map. And it's some kind of exploit, because it's not ment to give that kind of advantage in ordinary duels, especially not if it works in arena as well. And i didn't quote that it is an exploit to use in in regular battlegrounds. Just a usefull tips as i wrote in one of my comments

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Originally Posted by sakimi View Post
    Only use would be to have a 5 cp recuperate or slice n dice up, since when you open you'll get 5 CP's depending on what you talent, but you'll get at least 2 or 3.
    Yes, you can use your combo point in different ways depending on what class that you are facing. Me myself wouldn't choose recuperate facing a warlock, for example.