0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Drake farming for tanks - the not-so-random random

Hi folks. If you want the blue drake from the random heroic oculus run, but you're tired of queueing for a random and never getting oculus, this can help you focus your time. It allows you to be sure that you are going into a heroic oculus group using the random dungeon queue.

Requirements: 1) You must be a tank 2) You must have access to a level 80 healer on a 2nd account

By now you may be able to see where I am going with this. Below is an explanation of the process.

1) Log into both accounts, 1 tank who wants the drake, 1 healer.
    2) With the healer, queue for a specific dungeon, Heroic Oculus.
    3) When the LFG icon on the minimap shows 1 healer and 3 dps, begin queueing for a random heroic on your tank.

4) If the queue pops on your tank but not on your healer (and it will), click leave queue on the tank and again queue for the random.
    5) When it appears as though both the healer and tank's queues have popped simultaneously, click Enter Dungeon on the healer. Wait a moment and see if the tank in the group remains a question mark. Once you are convinced that the tank you are waiting for is yourself, click Enter Dungeon on the tank and !viola! you are in a random heroic oculus on purpose.

Then just leave the group on your healer and find another healer for the group.

Note a variation of tank queueing for oculus and healer queueing for a random might work as well, in fact it might work even better. I have yet to test this however. I doubt you could get this to work while queueing as DPS
    EDIT: The scroll bar for editing is broken, so I have to put the edit here. If as in the end of this post it becomes clear that your tank and healer are not about to enter the same dungeon, you can ALT F4 on your healer BEFORE you enter the dungeon, wait about 1 minute, and start queueing again without penalty.

Also, this is not 100% foolproof obviously. There are false alarms, i.e. both queues popping simultaneously even though they are two different dungeons. But even then, your healer ends up getting the debuff as they leave oculus, not your tank. So if you're lucky and have multiple healers on different accounts this would be 'merely a setback!'
    Last edited by Ultimateman; 06-16-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Accounts Scammed: 0
    Gold Scammed: 0
    Dignity and Integrity: Intact

Blue Drake farming for tanks - the not-so-random random
    glithe's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a really, really neat trick. I'd totally do it if I had a tank/healer on separate accounts.

rodpad's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clever use of mechanics.

Does the healer get to loot the cache at the end too?

+rep

Moroar's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem i can think off is that the tank isn't your character and when you accept with your healer you get ported into instance and you have to w8 for cd to be over

R4ndomizer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm sounds really nice, will try it with a Rouge/Healer-team. Would work with the blue-proto in the same way.

Ssateneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rodpad View Post
    Clever use of mechanics.

Does the healer get to loot the cache at the end too?

+rep
    No, only with random, not specific. read blue posts more imo

ron84's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion this isn't an exploit but instead it's a guide. Should be posted on Guides Section. Pretty useful too for mains who have tank spec's or alts.

swordofdawn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried this trick countless times even before the post, it has a 20% chance of working and that is only during dead hours, 02:00-05:00.
    i have done even with 2 tanks, the alt tank entering oculus, getting saved when the first boss is dead, then leaving, still tremendous fail chance cause of too many tanks joining.

shorstuff910mc's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ron84 View Post
    In my opinion this isn't an exploit but instead it's a guide. Should be posted on Guides Section. Pretty useful too for mains who have tank spec's or alts.
    This is an exploit, not intended by the game developers. It increases your chance instead of making it a fair random chance to get in that instance, giving you an unfair advantage over the team and what instance everyone is going to. It seems like a pretty simple exploit even if its not really tricking the system or bugging it in anyway.

anima7223's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could also be used to farm the drake off of Skadi in Utgarde Pinnacle. Great find, I'll be trying this out.