0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deadmines Secret in 1.11

Well.. I finally made it! No external programs used.. just good old school exploration. All done in a live server.

Here's how I finally managed it.

I had several major lagspikes which I tried to use to jump out of the instance quickly and try to make it (i had read that method in a post here), but it was too far away for the lagspike to continue. I would either get d/c or portal'd out of the instance. Impossible

So... I found an old wireless card I had, installed it, and attached a hotkey which disabled and enabled the wireless at my discretion. After many failed attempts, I finally got the right timing of enabling/disabling the net in order to just give the game enough to keep me online, but to keep the lag as long as I wanted.

I only managed to jump down to VC's boat before I got d/c not very impressive and not as much of a spectacular jump as I'd expected. Still can't get to all the cool stuff you could in 1.10. The ground behind the instance is not solid anymore, so a bit tricky to plan your fall from there. I'll try a few more angles next time, maybe can get to some ground. I'll try to make a video of it at some point too.

I put up a screenie for the sake of it.

Edit: Resize Image

Last edited by Subvertigo; 08-18-2006 at 12:48 AM.

Deadmines Secret in 1.11
    idusy-org's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol this is odd, i wa just trying that out this mourning. disconnected, hurry ran, re connect. i would wys start to fall then get d/c from server, when id go back in i was back where i disconnected first. guess you got it to work better
    Unproud member of Snitchstianity