Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Not All Server Side.

-----)(Please leave the copyright text intact)(-----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce this information on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

Alright, this may be old news to everyone but it's a discovery that I made earlier tonight when in outlands. Basically, my quests weren't registering when I made kills on mobs and recording them, mobs (all of a sudden weren't dropping quest items), this naturally puzzled me so i opened a ticket and managed to find out that everything isn't necessarily server side. This is the basic part, my idea is that if it is user side recognition (maybe a script) that allows for the ability to get certain items etc couldn't someone potentially find the codes or user side commands that are stored when taking a quest, in this way enabling themselves to get any quest regardless of chain position if they know the code, so skipping directly to the end? There are probably more idea's to this as well and maybe it wouldn't even work. Let me know what you think and if it makes sense.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Also a second little exploit type of thing that i'm sure a lot of people do but i've found to be useful is when you're at a main city if you want a free hearth back just enque yourself in the battlegrounds and do what you need to do, then when BG summons you, you go play a bg for a bit, (you can leave if you want) and once the battle is over you're once again in the main city you left without having to waste a hearth. Limitations of this are probably alot but personally with a small server population and at certain times I can get 20min-1hr before a bg match starts.

It's Not All Server Side.
    juicymooeater's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: It's Not All Server Side.

Sounds interesting i get your point, the sencond tip is well known and is used by lowbies in place of ports they just get a friend to group sign them up and badabingbadabu. Id like to see were some one can take this idea of scripts to jump quests

dakod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think that what you experienced is client side...

I belive it is a network issue where you somehow lost the packages telling the server that you still are on the quest. wich will give you the result you are describing.

so if you rebootet your network it would have worked well I belive. or maybe it is blizz's server who missed your packages or the server room routers. thats a big possibillity since they suck at routing in france (europe) US i dont know.

but I am pretty sure such an important thing aint client side.

sorry. would else have opened possibillities og getting 70 in 1 sec :P

warsheep's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....Wasnt it something about lvling from 1-60 vid here before? Some guy edit (Whit WPE i think) the beginning quests to a part of the Thunderfury q... Maybe it is patched, maybe a fake vid.. I dunno.. I personaly mean it would be stupid to store this client side and such,.. But hey, someone give it a try!

makkalakka2k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by warsheep
    Well....Wasnt it something about lvling from 1-60 vid here before? Some guy edit (Whit WPE i think) the beginning quests to a part of the Thunderfury q... Maybe it is patched, maybe a fake vid.. I dunno.. I personaly mean it would be stupid to store this client side and such,.. But hey, someone give it a try!
    Think that vid was on an emu server, you can still do it on emu servers.

piree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was downloaded PTR and made a BE pala I couldn't speak normal to others. I was speak alliance language. I told it to GM and he said to reinstall it and then everything was normal. So I think u can do some stuff with your client side

King_yoshi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Languages, buffs, and some other things are stored client side. Gold exp, etc. are stored server side, and quests are part of both server side and client. (some partsof them are stored server side (quest triggers) while other, as you described before, are stored client side).

What you can possbily do with buffs is use wpe, or cheat engine, to increase the time a buff lasts, therefore making it rediculousely long. (Eventually the server will check the buff duratioin, but by then you will have had it alot longer then you are supose to.)

ALs, if you check the mpq's you will se a file that translates the different anguages into nonsensicle spellings. (I don't remeber the name of the file offhand, but if you do some searching you will find it)

Hope this info helps somewhat.

TomPetty's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't change how long a buff lasts or anything like that with chest engine. It will only show it lasting longer or shorter, but will expire when it is designed to even if the timer doesn't reach "0". Its the same thing as casting time while speedhacking. If you have ever grinded while speedhacking, you've seen that when casting a spell the casting bar will reach the end but it won't cast the spell until the time its designed to cast at.

andrzej's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Jaken
    Limitations of this are probably alot but personally with a small server population and at certain times I can get 20min-1hr before a bg match starts.
    wtf you talking what have server population to BG start? when all servers are linked together

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Its not all server side.

You might wanna open a trhead in bots and programs. plenty of clientside memory editors that could force past ocne addresses and values are known. personally i like cheatengine. various threads with info. i know for a fact there ALOT of info clientside, just hard to find it.
    Last edited by Equ1N0X; 05-10-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Shattered's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh... Well I think we know that it isn't all client side.. Well here's a perfect example of why I knew this when I started the game. Look at the size of your wow folder, it's HUGE.. Yeah I think it might have been Snake that said if you have ever played unreal tournment (I have not) but if you have you know that they can only handle about 124 (somewhere around there.) on each sever. World Of Warcraft severs can handle many more because it is not weighted down by the .MPQ's that we have in our data folders.. Yeah the whole model editing section of this site is devoted to editing your .MPQ files witch ARE NOT sever side.
    Last edited by Shattered; 05-10-2007 at 11:47 PM.
    "If you're gonna amass data which can take many lives ... at least secure it."
    -savec0re

Emerged's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the quest/creature/NPC's/boss/transports(portals, zepps etc)/areatriggers(where you zone into an instance) you get the idea are server side other wise everytime they had to move a bugged mob or something like that we would need an update to fix the mob instead they close the server to the public get there Dev's in there to fix the stuff and hop back out and start it back up

dakod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can say it is this simple. the calculating of happenings is serverside.

the no mantter stuff is clien side. like all animation and models and hex diagrams is client side. you can only cheat by editing the packages so you send a package with wrong info. if you kill a mob and takes loot this is how it is done. SS = serverside CS = client side
    CS you see mob and send a package (attack mode) SS register you as in attack mode and you then CS press the icon for an attack then SS calculates if you hit or not reduces dmg due to armor and everything until SS sends you a number that floats over your head (CS) now the mob is dead cuz you are so leet you 1h it. now you send a package sayig "I loot". and server makes a random of what you get. sends you a signal that this you get. then you see the icons CS and you press loot. you say to server I want 1 2 and 4..leaving item 3 (wich is a grey **** ítem) and SS sends this info to itself so you CS can read that you have those items in your bags.

congrats. al important stuff is SS

you can only edit in the packages so that server thinks you are doing other stuff than you should. dunno how thoug. AND I wont say that nothing is possible to edit so server let you do other stuff. like with speedhack.

correct me if I am wrong.

myojinyahiko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you already can edit server packets, somone posted it here

they used search and CE...but he said it was VERY long and pretty illegal

how to fix that?

get a small program! like instead of tsearch, somone make some lil thing like maxe did it could be like myojin'sbuffhax and u just go down a list of what u want, the hacks sends a packet to the server

how to fix the illegal part? change ur IP lol (which is also illegal but atleast u cant get sued by bliz)

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im thnking memory and packet editors will be making a comeback soon...

As in maybe mess uo translation file or isolate it and remove. allowing free transfaction communication.
    Last edited by Equ1N0X; 05-11-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast