0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RaF and the current state of affairs - READ

Recruit a Friend and the current state of affairs

Introduction

I have seen so many "RaF is fixed????" and "Free levels with RaF!" posts, that I decided to let everybody know what is currently going on with the system. My only intention is to clarify this system/venue for everybody, all thanks to Ubrpwnt for his excellent post.

Please note that I am simply updating the information contained here:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ex...f-threads.html

What is RaF?

RaF is short for Recruit a Friend, a system blizzard implemented to encourage others to start playing WoW.

RaF grants bonus experience and other in-game benefits, including mounts and summoning privileges.

So what benefits do I get?

• 3x experience while within range of your recruited friend
    • The ability for your recruited friend to grant you levels
    • The ability to summon each other anywhere in the world

How can I exploit this?

[imgl]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/Shadowalkerdk/accountlinks-1.png[/imgl]3x quest experience without RaF link
    This is a little bit complicated. First you will need a Warlock as the primary recruiter, and 2 other accounts recruited by the warlock.
    They should be linked as seen to the left.

The warlock then opens a portal inside an instance and the two recruited accounts click the portal. When the summoning completes, the third un-linked account should be receiving 3x mob experience along side the first two linked accounts. This only works inside an instance.

Retain experience after granting levels - need confirmation
    After granting a level, you still retain the experience you had from the previous level. While this may not seem major at first, it can be used greatly to your advantage.

After leveling a character to 60, you will find you have 29 grant-able levels. While you could simply grant these levels to a level 1, it would be beneficial to first get level 30. Levels 1-30 are much easier than 31-60, so you are essentially skipping the hard part, and only doing the easy part.

However, this is where the experience retention comes in handy. Before granting yourself all those levels, you should level yourself to within 1% of 31. This way, when you grant yourself all those levels, because you can't grant up to level 60, you'll be much closer than if you hadn't!

Can I be banned for this?

The current belief is that blizzard will not ban players for abuse of the Recruit a Friend system. However, Blizzard reserves the right to ban any player for any reason, so do not take this as assurance that you will not be banned for abusing the service.

What has been fixed?

Using a level 1 to gain extra experience
    You can no longer kill a level 1 and put it on auto-follow in order to gain extra experience. This was hot-fixed with a server restart a short time ago.

Summoning non-BC accounts to the outlands
    You can no longer use the RaF summon to enter the outlands without BC installed. This was fixed very quickly after release.

What is not considered an exploit?

Chain RaF accounts together
    Having multiple RaF accounts "chained" together is not an exploit, nor will it benefit you in any way. You can not grant levels to accounts you have referred, so unless you want to level backwards from the most recent referred account to the original referrer, it will have no benefit.

Two players leveling together
    Having two players in the same group leveling together is not considered an exploit, and is the intended use of this system. Both players will gain 3x experience from mob kills and quest turn-ins.

One player dual-boxing 2 RaF accounts
    While not the intended use for RaF, this is also not an exploit. Blizzard has stated that dual-boxing 2 separate accounts with the RaF service is acceptable behavior.

The easiest way to do this is by controlling the recruited account, and keeping the primary account on follow. By doing this, the recruited account will get quest experience, and when the primary account falls behind, it can simply be granted levels earned by the recruited account. Note - the primary account can not grant levels to the recruited account.

Summary

Yes - Bonus experience without RaF is an exploit
    Yes - Retaining experience after granting levels may be considered an exploit
    No - You can not get banned for this
    No - You can not use a level one to gain quest experience
    No - You can not summon non-BC accounts to outlands
    No - Two players leveling together is not an exploit
    No - Dual-boxing is not an exploit

End notes

Most of this information has been established in other thread. I am condensing it into one post to reduce spam on this forum.

If you have anything to add, or have any questions, please do not be afraid to post or PM me.

I will attempt to keep this post updated with the most recent information, should it fall out of date, my permission is granted to repost this thread with updated information. Before reposting, however, please ensure that I am indeed inactive and unable to update it. Should you repost, be sure to link to this thread for deletion by a moderator or administrator.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Shadowalkerdk; 08-30-2008 at 11:55 AM.

RaF and the current state of affairs - READ
    devmode's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +reap foar cloarz...lol nj
    I have been around for a while...

Xronis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nowhere near an exploit.

Shadowalkerdk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xronis View Post
    This is nowhere near an exploit.
    No it is not, but it is a post regarding the over-saturation of RaF related non-exploits and reposts.

I feel that because it is a post regarding and clarifying individual exploits, it belongs in the exploit section.

Lets assume there were a "posts about exploits" section, but no exploits are allowed to be posted here, only posts regarding other posts. Would you read it? It would seem pretty barren to me.

twocents

dannyankee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easy enough will do

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a repost - don't make me dig out my own thread to prove a point please.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ubrpwnt View Post
    This is a repost - don't make me dig out my own thread to prove a point please.
    Your post was dated. Not only did I cite your thread, but I also directly thanked you for the wonderful post.

Originally Posted by Shadowalkerdk View Post
    My only intention is to clarify this system/venue for everybody, all thanks to Ubrpwnt for his excellent post.

Please note that I am simply updating the information contained here:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ex...f-threads.html

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see that earlier... but, that may be because I'm in a horrible state of pain with this ****ing retainer >_>

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not problem at all, it happens to the best of us.

12345's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mm, kinda strange maybe, i tested RaF with my alt(22lvl) and a trial acc. I groupped them up, leveled trial to lvl4, and wasnt able to give any lvls to my primary acc, but i was able to give lvls from primary to trial. Also, i didnt get any 3x exp, only trial acc did. What i am doing wrong, and is it posssible to lvl trial to lvl10 for example, and give lvls to primary? I wasnt able to do this(

olemortenm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
    Mm, kinda strange maybe, i tested RaF with my alt(22lvl) and a trial acc. I groupped them up, leveled trial to lvl4, and wasnt able to give any lvls to my primary acc, but i was able to give lvls from primary to trial. Also, i didnt get any 3x exp, only trial acc did. What i am doing wrong, and is it posssible to lvl trial to lvl10 for example, and give lvls to primary? I wasnt able to do this(

Read this: Blizzard Support

Explains everything, there are alot of restrictions.

Koleo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost!

Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    half your information is wrong

saltymuffin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for posting this, too many noobs coming on asking if its fixed without trying it themselves, in fact they dont even no what was fixed to begin with. so +rep for posting this

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    half your information is wrong
    Instead of telling me that my information is wrong, why don't you tell me what is wrong so that I can fix it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast