0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name change exploit (one that works..)

Ok...so i have 2 characters, a lvl 60 rogue,and a lvl 40 hunter. The hunter was GOING to be a twink ( if u dont kno what a twink is, its a character lvl 19 or lvl 29 who has kickass gear)but instead i decided to lvl him.. his name was Warsongpwner. i didnt like that name cuz it was a name for a twink, not a name for a normal character. so all i did to change his name was make a GM ticket thing saying this: "Hi, im getting messages all the time saying how my names sucks and people say im stupid for making it name. can i please get a name change? THX." i just made it look like iwas getting picked on lol. about a day or so later when i tried to log on, a message appeared saying "Your name is inappropriate, please enter a new name for your character" or something like that. The name wasn't innapropriate, just probably the message they give so u can change the name. Hope this helps

Name change exploit (one that works..)
    miigu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Gonna test

afiwarlord's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happened with me too, my name was bobdylann and i wanted a change (no real reason just bored of it) and i told em everyone was calling me a hippie and noone would let me party with them. They let me change it. I think the pity factor plays a big role in it lolll

micho's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried about 5 tricks to change my name. And everytime i get e-mail with "your name cannot be changed when its created " doh =/

XxKajxX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm....what are u saying in the ticket? are u just asking to change ur name? cuz that wont work...again try something like "I cant get parties cuz of my name" or "they make fun of me all day" something that has some sort of pitty in it

micho's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jubacca18
    hmm....what are u saying in the ticket? are u just asking to change ur name? cuz that wont work...again try something like "I cant get parties cuz of my name" or "they make fun of me all day" something that has some sort of pitty in it

Ok so i tried these tricks:

1. Because people makes fun of me and i can't find party, guild with my name.
    2. Friend reported me that my name is offensive and vulgar...
    3. Friend reported me for getting name of "MICHO financial company" ( from Australia ) or just im making them popular.
    4. Friend reported me for ninja looting and i sent ticket that i can't find guild now.
    5. Because some people announced that im scammer and ninja looter because he doesn't likes me.

Huh.. I always get message: " Your name cannot be changed while its created " or when ill report me from other account it says that they will do what is needed and i can sleep good.. lol... and just nothing NOTHING happened.. I need help =(

LightWave's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol the banned my friends aco**** cuz of his name it was nigrunfast lmao and they changed one of my alts anmes cuz i made is vibeator lmao damn soocer moms here u go if u really wanna change ur name is have like all your guild mebers or a intier other guild report ur name for being racist or rude and they should change it it takes alot of people really for the name to be chnaged and o ya it also depends on the gm u talk to

XxKajxX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NAME CHANGE EXPLOIT (1 that works..)

yea ive had my alts names changed because they had alt code letters in their names (Ex. ß) I mean my name wasn't bad or anything...it just had one of those letters in its name and some ******* reported me because yes, it is against the rules, but I mean come on...who really cares? its just a letter.....

diba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use those letters when use the scam of runecloth and name it RuneÇlothbank

Gog123456's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol this just sounds like the GMs u got were
    a) nice, B) in a good mood

and let u change it.

idusy-org's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only storyies ive heard of name change working is one someone politly asks if they could change their name because they dont like it... 2-3 people like this, never heard of "my brother hit hte keyboard when i made my toon" or stuid excuses the gms hear all the time.
    Unproud member of Snitchstianity

mrknox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The method that I and my friends have personally used has worked perfectly.

1) Delete the character (the one needing the name change).....yes, you'll get it back.
    2) Have a friend on another account create a character with your deleted character's exact name. (we usually wait about a day...but it probably doesn't really matter.)
    3) Put in a GM ticket (from the account of your deleted character) explaining (frantic-sounding if you must) that you deleted the wrong toon, thinking it was an alt and it looked similar (make it sound like it was a very clumsy mistake).
    4) A GM will try to restore that deleted character, but of course the name is now taken, and you will be given an oppurtunity to change the name.

Simple....trust me. I did this not too long ago. If for some reason they've taken steps to stop this very recently, then I apologize.

Otherwise, I haven't seen this out there anywhere (places like MMOwned)....it was just some common sense when I and my friend wanted a name change a long time ago. So, the chances of it not working are probably low.

rxox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting... im going to try this.

Subvertigo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just told a GM that I got alot of abuse because alot of the server knew I was gay, put up with alot of nasty attitudes because of it and wanted to change my name to avoid this prejudice. So a GM thinks i'm gay, but worked like a charm. They're really paranoid about sexual/religious/political issues so try to use that to your advantage.
    Murphy's Constant:
    Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value

The Doctor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been posted so many times that it isn't laughable.

For those who are hoping that they can get a name change, Blizzard employees will only change your name if, and only if it violates their name policy (i.e. no Blizzard storyline names, vulgar words, etc.) or if it hinders your gameplay experience.

I've gotten my name changed on many different characters (however on different accounts, mind you), where I simply made it out like I was the victim and exagerrated it to the fullest extent. I told my guild master that I was going to get a name change and /gquit, then told the GM that I "Was forced into leaving my guild simply because they would not stop insulting and making fun of my name, and even after asking, I was getting kicked out of raids, parties and just unable to get out of people's mind as an imbecile for naming my character as I did... please help me out, I think I'm going to have to make a new character or transfer servers if I can't get a name change"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast